main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO February Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Jan 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Well, since we won't have our new CR until almost February I guess I get to do this at least one last time. ::Sniff:: I'm kinda sad.

Way I figure it if we plan now people can request off work and make some calendar plans now. This will hopefully be a celebration meeting of our new structure.

Saturdays in Feb:
    2/5
    2/12
    2/19
    2/26

I have no preference at this point. So whatever the majority wants. I know Tim has mentioned having something at his house soon, we can do that if everyone wants. We can also go somewhere and do something cheap (i.e. bowling, movie, mini golf).

Thoughts, suggestions?

2. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Bowling sounds great. Anything cheap sounds good right now, because I see myself getting poorer in the future.. ;)

I have no clue when I will be able to make it. My sister AND mom both have birthdays this month, and more things will probably go on as well.

3. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    Yes, yes. I'd like to host something again. Fred just loves company :) February might work, although we probably couldn't take advantage of the deck (still be too cold, I think).

What would we do? Anybody played Scene it yet. I played for the first time on New Year's. It's a great game. I could pick it up.

Any ideas? hot dog eating contest? bloody knuckles tournament? Pin the tail on the leper? play charades with the "can't use your arms or legs" rule?

4. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    I could totally make a meeting this month, if I so choose. I would advise against a movie, because A) Is there anything really good out now? and B) I think we will have a movie meeting in May, some new picture is coming out that month...

5. Maygin

Maygin Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2002
    LOL... I'm up for bowling or game night. That would be fun!

6. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    The first weekend is out for me, but I am up for anything the rest of the month...

7. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    I'm easy....

8. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I'm going to try to be in town for the 26th because of a swordfighting tournament. That weekend works best for me. But it can't be on the 26th.

9. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    I think the last weekend of February would work best for me.

Hey Jon, what does that swordfighting tournament include, and is it possible for one to go watch? Is it SCA fighting?

As for the movies, we wouldn't really have to go to a movie theater, we could always watch one at someone's house.

10. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    If I host soemthing, and please understand it doesn't have to be this month. It has to be a on Sat. I work on Fridays and usually until 8:30 or later.

The 5th is out for me, as I'm playing in a Texas Hold'em tourney. (I don't really like gambling, but my buddies roped me and Kim into it)

I'm thinking the other dates wouldn't pose any issues.

11. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I like the last weekend idea. We could hit a Sunday afternoon if we wanted to.

JCF you can watch but you need garb. I'll talk to you about it Thursday.

12. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
  13. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    Last weekend? Let me run it by the boss, but I think we can handle that. That is unless, we want to do the bowling thing.

14. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    If we're to be doing bowling, where at?

15. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    Everything is a go for the 26th. I have clearance, if we want to gather at my place.

So if you guys want to do another obscure Star Wars viewing night, let me know. I'm sure between all of us we can throw some stuff together.

And by all means, if the group would rather go bowling, I'm down for that as well.

16. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Either one would be fun I think.

17. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Either is good for me too. I'm not too picky...

18. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    I am....no...wait... I was thinking of someone else. I'm easy!

19. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    Where do you live, Shoey?
    I wanna actually do some SW at a SW meeting. I like the viewing idea. I really need an early 80's fix. Of course, we could....combine multiple activities!
    I guess what I'm saying is that I don't know how to bowl.

20. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    If you don't know how to bowl then you should fit right in. I stink, Randy does, and I think a couple other people here do too.

21. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    I'm not all that great either. ;)

Dang OPPM.

22. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    I will assume I stink, the last time I went bowling was on a field trip in 5th grade. I tried once about a year ago, but the people I went with wound up just sitting around the building waiting for some league to end. In the end we left before getting booted. Somebody put on a big plastic helmet and robe and almost got kicked out over it. :)

On a related note, I know what alley I don't recommend.

23. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    I reside on the light side of the river, As opposed to the dark side (Missouri). :) I would say I'm 15 to 20 minutes from downtown, how long did it take you guys last time to get here?

It's pretty easy to find as I'm only a couple of minutes off I-64. I put directions up here before, I think I remember the thread, I'll see if I can find them and stick them up here again.

My Mrs. asked me again about this gathering - should I tell her people are coming or we're going bowling?

24. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I'm all for going to Tim's, everyone else?

25. Maygin

Maygin Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2002
    Exxxcccelent. o_O

(they need a Mr. Burns happy face)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.