main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO February Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Jan 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Well, your house works for me, or we could try to make Susan play host, she hints at that every now and then.

2. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I am up for either! Christina it is so nice of you to constantly offer up your house. We appreciate it! [:D]

3. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Well, I do love to host. I really have a great time with it.

4. shcook1138

shcook1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 16, 2003
    Let me check if I'm free that weekend (I need to do some more computer work for the folks and that may be when they want it done). If I'm free, you're welcome to come to my place, but I'm not going to fight Christina for it. :)

5. titania7

titania7 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2005
    Wow. Okay.

So, I don't log in for a couple days, and the meeting's moved?

I guess everyone lost my phone number and e-mail address. Hmmm...

6. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    If you are still wanting to have the meeting at your house, that is fine...*shrugs* But after not hearing from you in a while people were getting antsy and we needed to figure out what else to do. We need a time that is good for you and some need directions.

7. titania7

Mar 28, 2005
    That's okay. We usually don't get everything settled two weeks out anyway. I didn't see what the big deal was. You guys have it where ever you want to. I think that I'm going to bow out.

I guess what I'm saying is that I know when I've been voted off the island.

Good luck to all and maybe I'll see you all around the internets!

8. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    ****Oh, don't go away mad.***

Lets start with, with two weeks away...from the date set of the next meeting...plans needed to be firmed up. Look at last months meeting and meetings prior. With only two weeks left..everyone knew what was going on.
    Second, Email and PM's work both ways. I was told that someone here had sent you an email asking for what food you wanted people to bring along. She also left you a post on the board along with another person..those were made to you on the 3 and 4th of this month...you logged in on the 5th and did not respond to the posts or the email. I waited until the 8th..to ask what was going on. Still no response.
    With any large group communication is the key to a successful group and its activities. A good has been lesson learned.

9. titania7

Mar 28, 2005
    Hmm... I just checked all of my PM's and e-mails again and I didn't find anything. I have a bad habit of not deleting any e-mails. Guess they got swallowed up somehow...

As far as the meetings...I thought that that was one of your major complaints - meetings weren't planned far enough in advance?

I'm not mad, just hurt. Really, this whole talking about people behind their backs stuff has to stop.

Like I said, I wish you all the best in the future!

10. spideymj

Feb 4, 2005
    Not being goaded. [face_shame_on_you]

11. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Right then. I'll offer up my house also, but Christine's is bigger and I feel quite at home there, so that'd be my vote. And we could either order pizza (or other) or I don't mind bringing something if we do a potluck sort of thing.

12. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Danielle, I don't think anyone meant to make you mad or hurt your feelings. It was just getting closer to the date and you had not responded to anyones posts on the meeting thread. I think it was just assumed that you had made other plans. Yes, maybe someone should of emailed or pmed you and I don't know if anyone did. But, if I had agreed to host a meeting, I would of kept up with the thread. That is just me and I don't know maybe you were quite busy and had not yet had a chance. But communication is a two way street. So, I don't think anyone here is to blame. I think there is an important lesson in all of this. Unfortunate as it all is.

Amy, a potluck sounds good. Should we do a dinner type thing or a snack type thing? [face_thinking]
    What does everyone else think?

13. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I'm flexible. That's the weekend we close on the house so it'll be tight for Randy and I, we should be able to make it though. I'm also fighting that morning/afternoon, nothing like a full weekend. So what ever we bring will be of the bag variety.

Painting party at my place on the next Sunday though :D

14. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    How about 6pm? We can order pizza, and if people want they can bring chips or snacks to munch on...

If you need directions, pm me with the area you are coming from...

15. shcook1138

shcook1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 16, 2003
    Looks like I'm out for the 25th since I have to head down to So. IL to fix some computers for the family and that's the only weekend that works for all of us. :(

16. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    We will miss you Susan! :(
    Christina, pizza sounds good and 6pm sounds good too. Do we want to play a group game like Laura had suggested? Trivial pursuit of some kind of some other group game? I suck at Trivia, but love it for some reason. Guess that learning something new or refreshing your memory or something. I'm weird! LOL!:D

17. Draco19

Draco19 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2005
    I hope I can come to the get together. it sounds like it'll be fun.

18. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    We can do teams for trivia that way everyone can be involved... :D

I hope you can come too Draco!

19. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    I don't think I will be able to make it. I am having problems at work and the bosses are being kind of pissy towards me. (sorry if that word is not allowed on the STLFF board. Please forgive me if it is not.)

20. spideymj

Feb 4, 2005
    Sorry to hear you wont be able to make it Frank. I hate it when bosses get pissy. I look forward to the day when all the "pissy" bosses get the "what goes around, comes around" back at 'em.

I think if we did Star Wars Trivia Pursuit, we would all have a fighting chance to do well. We could also watch the Clone Wars animated vol. 1 and 2. I could make some fine Wisconsin Beer Cheese Chowder to go along with the pizza. :D

21. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Oh Frank that is a bummer, if something changes and you can come let me know, so I can get you directions.

22. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Frank, I am sorry to hear about your boss. Works sucks as it is, let alone with a "pissy" boss. (Had a few of those myself. Ugh!) Hopefully you can make it next time. [:D]

Wisconsin Beer cheese chowder sounds great Laura! Yum!

23. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Thank you all. [:D]
    I will let you know if I can. If not, then hopefukky I can make the next one or a social if there is one.

24. tuxz0r

tuxz0r Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2006
    Wow, miss a few days and things change. So, can someone PM me directions to the new location? And, is there anything I can bring - food, game, drink, dessert?

25. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    I will send you directions and as to what you can bring...hmm, I guess bring your favorite beverage (I will have Coke products, koolaid, milk, tea and water) and maybe something to munch on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.