main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Feel The Force - Star Wars Blu-Ray Official Launch Event Sep 14 Pitt St Mall

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Teknobabel, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    It's more of a 'time' issue with my husband and brother doing it themselves. And my husband being an obcessive perfectionist. So we have the lounge chairs, the screen and the projector, but none in place. Time I'm told is the only hold up. ;)

2. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    my brothers home theatre consists of a 55" screen and the biggest subwoofer he could find for a cheap price pointed at his floorboards :)

if you walk within 10 feet of it your teeth start rattling.

3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Hmm, know the thing. There is a box in the theatre that is 80cm Square, I'm told its the subwoofer. I'm also told the walls are double soundproofing gyprocked with double layer of insulation. The foundations in the room are 2 foot deep and the window (which we had to have by law) is roller shuttered on the outside and insulated and gyprocked on the inside.....the mind boggles. He could easily murder our teenage daughter in there and no one would hear a thing! :p [face_mischief][face_thinking] Hmmmmmm.....

4. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Whoa... that would be an immersive experience. The Kenobi vs Slave 1 chase in AOTC or the opening of ROTS comes to mind as fun scenes to test the sound system with. Those seismic charges and asteroids breaking up... :D :D

5. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    I've only watched the deleted scenes. They were pretty neat - I was really happy to see the Wampa Stuff!

I've seen bits of ANH and thought the clarity of the rocks of Tunis..Tatooine looked pretty amazing! Looking forward to sitting down one day to watch them all on Blu!

6. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    ANH does look amazing. I haven't seen it like that before.

I have been watching the films in chronological order and have only RotJ to go and then the bonus material. How is everyone else finding them?

While I wish there had been a few additions to the AOTC and ROTS.... overall I am loving it.

7. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    I'm watching it on my 24" screen with my fancy headphones, when I get a bigger screen i'll be even happier.

but I tell you, i'll take a decent set of cans over a weakhouse home theatre setup.

8. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I've finally watched RotJ last night and now seen all of the films. Overall I thought they had done a great job with the quality of the films in the Blu-Ray format. I'm not sure if it is my set up but I found there to be some inconsistancy in the audio quality for ANH, that some of the dialogue sounds muffled... the cockpit scenes of the Falcon and some other moments were not so clear. I haven't made my way through all the features, just the video content on the prequel special features disc.

Regarding RotJ, I did find Wicket's eyes a bit freaky but in an awesome sense whenever he blinks. I feel that whole "No" controversy had been blown out of proportion from a clip that was taken out of context. Watching it in the film as a whole... to me it works and makes sense, it didn't bother me one bit.