main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC Feeling Homesick

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Jedi_Nat, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Please - some cheering up will help me right now. I think the combination of having a job I hate and not knowing anyone has made me consider if I made the right decision to move to Melbourne. I know one of the first things I'm doing is to find another job, cause I'm only the secondary cashier. My experience is going to waste over here.

2. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    Awww... [:D]

I apologise for not being more welcoming, Nat! I'm a bit of a Bridezilla at the moment, so that's been taking up too much of my time. [face_blush]

So how can we cheer you up? I can't do much about the job thing, but I'm sure WE (coughcough people! cough) could help elsewhere. How did the move go in the end? You still unpacking?

Do you have a housewarming cactus yet? :p

3. Jedi_Knight88

Jedi_Knight88 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    Hugs all round [:D]

Sorry to hear about the job, Nat- can you get a transfer to another store?

As for cheering up, whatever we can do...I could start a thread dedicated entirely to lame jokes or a Singalong Sound of Music thread...but come to the meet! :)

4. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    I was so upset yesterday that I was nearly on the first flight back to Perth! I'm going to stick it out until April, cause I have a couple of things booked - a return flight to Adelaide and a ticket to Miss Saigon - then I'll probably go back. I have applied for a couple of jobs, but I'm not going to worry about them anymore. I'm sort of a floater at work, which really is a waste of money to them. I'm pretty much doing bugger all, but I'm getting good money for doing bugger all! At least if I keep my current job, then it's easier to get a job back in Perth. I'll look for something new back in Perth.

5. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    OH bummer! Sorry to hear that.

BUt you havn't been here long have you?? YOu sound like me :p as soon as something new i do isn't going well or isn't comfortable i just wanna drop it and go home hehe! But give it a chance it might work out. We'll be your friends ;)

6. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Thanks.

Well, all my stuff arrived yesterday, so now I have the fun job of putting it away! Yay!

7. Koroshiya_keefu

Koroshiya_keefu Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    That is sad. Cheer up and be happy! When I first moved to Melbourne from Tassie, I was wondering if I'd made the right choice.

But being here, with all the fun and sun and candy, I can't find one regret. Well, maybe I regret that I couldn't bring over my 1000 plus Transformer collection. Those poor babies.

8. Jedi_Knight88

Jedi_Knight88 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    I saw the movie poster for that yesterday...along with a whole lot of Marvel trailers (Spiderman 3, Fantastic Four and the Silver Surfer, Ghost Rider).

And don't see Epic Movie. It was horrendous.

Anyway, back on topic...stick with us, Nat! [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.