main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Felicity Jones wants to "reincarnate" as Jyn Erso, thoughts?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Solister, Oct 31, 2020.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    As you pointed out, most of the stories involving clones are negative and antagonists, unnatural like they did with Palpatine (Which I do think works well and frankly the repeated Ep III line "the dark side of the Force is a path to many abilities some consider to be unnatural" is all it needed). Alien Resurrection they went full in on the freak-factor but still the hero which was at least trying something different (also the clone scene with all the Ripleys was awesome). But also as you mentioned there are takes where the clone is the protagonist, Never Let me Go, Island and Moon, where the reason for their cloning is the question so they can be the protagonist. "Why was a cloned, what's the mystery, oh can I a lowly clone live up to that legacy, yadda yadda". Like if they decide to go with Clone Jyn, it should be a full on story into itself, not just a "oh, uh, yah, clone." throwaway. That worked because Palpatine is evil and he cheats, Jyn not so much.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    Sarge likes this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    There’s no reason to resurrect Jyn if you can simply tell stories of her time before Rogue One. Given her background, that could make for some really interesting material.

3. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I wouldn't want them to bring back Jyn after the events of RO even if there was a believable in universe way they could do so. Because at that point it would be impossible to tell a story about her that isn't completely overshadowed by the events we already know are taking place. It wouldn't even be about Jyn, but about how Jyn fits into the broader context of the OT. And it would just seem more like an elaborate piece of fan service with references to the OT at every turn. Any production involving Jyn that would be considered canon would have to take place prior to the events of RO.

I do think, however, that it would be interesting to speculate how Jyn, Cassian, and the rest of the RO crew would fare during the timeline of the OT. I think it could even make for some cool instances of those characters interacting with OT characters in various capacities. Han or Lando having a contact somewhere that turns out to be Bodhi, Baze and Chirrut somehow meeting Luke and getting his blessing and what a monumental moment that would be for them, K2 dismissing R2 and 3PO as basically being children. Cassian finally getting the vengeance he has sought since he was six years old, Jyn returning to her home planet and the Erso homestead, with perhaps an ongoing association between them. Stuff like that would make for great stories in the OT timeline. If a series of novels came out where the RO crew didn't die, and it was sort of a re-telling of the OT from their point of view, I'd definitely give it a read. Kind of like an old fashioned EU trilogy that obviously wouldn't be considered canon, but interesting nonetheless.

And RO was that good where I don't think something like that would get the kind of lamenting reaction that a lot of other Star Wars material does nowadays. I'll swear to it that RO was a big reason the ST turned out the way it did. People saw RO and figured Disney knew what they were doing and felt confident that this is the direction SW was going. And from then on everybody backed off and nobody was keeping them in check, until it was too late.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  4. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    All this new Star Wars being announced today. We could only hope somewhere in there is a spot for a Jyn Erso series that takes place pre-RO.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  5. moreorless12

moreorless12 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2016
    As said though she does simply feel like a character who is dramatically complete within RO, I spose you could argue there might be room for some kind of earlier story and that leaves Jyn in a positive situation which then deteriorates.

6. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I have a feeling it’ll happen someday. Her pre-RO story as told in ancillary material thus far is some of the best in the new EU.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  7. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    Ugh - I have to take the unpopular position here and say no way to this. Jyn did her thing as did everyone in Rogue One which remains one of my favorite Star Wars films ever. Im growing quite tired of regurgitations, magical clonings, characters surviving ridiculous things, etc, etc. So, forget bringing her back alive in any way. That would be insulting nd piss me off, lol.

As for a prequel story for her? What for? To fill in the time between the events at the start of Rogue One and whe she wakes up in that labor camp transport? Who cares? Its irrelevant and I dont see how that would be intriguing at all. I know Disnye has to recoup their $4 billion and they are in 100% "throw gooey Star Wars turds at the wall and see what sticks" mode right now but my goodness we dont need backstories and prequels for every character and their mothers. Do we? They just announced like 75 new shows. And Cassian Andor is one of them. I just think this is getting silly & out of hand. OK, climbing down from soap box. :)

8. antitoxicgamer

antitoxicgamer Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 9, 2020
    How about bringing back Uncle Owen from the death ?
    [​IMG]
    They can Retcon his death and change it into "Imperial troopers imprisoned him and Beru and just thrown 2 skeletons they had there."

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    Qui-Riv-Brid and Alpha-Red like this.
  9. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    From what I understand, Bor Gullet survived the Death Star attack on Jedha. And it's rumored he will also be getting a spin off series that will tie in to some of the others. So that'll be pretty good.

10. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    And a movie: Bor Squadron. For all those fans out there who’ve been dying to see him and a group of his tentacled pals flying around in X-wings. They can like push all kinds of buttons and fix things at the same time and read the minds of the enemy pilots.

Bor Squadron knows the truth.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  11. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    No reincarnation. That's a headache Disney doesn't want. Time travel & alternate universe (the World Between Worlds) has been established in Rebels, shown in Rise of Skywalker, and rumored to be deployed in The Mandalorian or one of the other shows announced to reestablish certain aspects of the Disney Trilogy. And even that is a hotly debated topic among fans. And if WBW is used, it would certainty alienate the group of fans that support the sequel trilogy.

The problem with reincarnation isn't the same that face the World Between Worlds, but its similar. If WBW is deployed as hoped by many, it could reestablish the sequel trilogy and essentially make it a alternate universe (aka "Legends" for all intents and purposes). If reincarnation is used---if used in a film or TV series that is widely watched by many---it could alienate many real-world religious groups. Just as Disney refuses to erase the sequel trilogy or even label it as "Legends", yet by all intents & purposes is ignoring it based on recent TV series & game content coming out and is out, they'll ignore the reincarnation idea for the sake of not alienating groups of fans.

Could reincarnation be introduced in a animated series or book? Like WBW was with Rebels? Yes. But it won't be done in a manner that is very publicly known or one that affects anything with Rogue One. It'll probably be tossed into a no-name side book or vaguely labeled comic book story and be equally forgotten about in a few years.

12. antitoxicgamer

Sep 9, 2020
    What if the Darth Vader we saw in ROTJ and TESB was a clone that replaced the original Vader ? With that idea they can bring back Vader in episode 10.

Alpha-Red likes this.
  13. Noname12

Noname12 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2020
    JJ Abrams gonna love this

14. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    General audiences would not be able to follow a reincarnation plot, that would not go over well. Still, I wouldn't be opposed to casting her as a new character, especially with the different time periods available. Could one of her ancestors be running around during the old Republic era? Absolutely.

Iron_lord likes this.
  15. Lobot's Wig

Lobot's Wig Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 13, 2020
    It would be wrong to do this because Rogue Ones success is down to the principle of sacrifice. That is what gives the movie such emotional weight

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
  16. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    So where is original Vader...still floating along in his TIE fighter at Yavin?

antitoxicgamer likes this.
  17. antitoxicgamer

Sep 9, 2020
    He made a clone of himself, swapped his soul with the one in the new body, and went into hiding in his new body.

18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Still spinning. Since he was a wee boy, he’s always thought spinning was a good trick. So why not do it for forty-plus years? Especially to avoid embarrassing conversations with Palpatine about his failure to stop the destruction of the Death Star.

19. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I want a Rogue One prequel with Jyn Erso and Han Solo being a couple.
    And they have a kid that Han doesn't know exists. Jynhan Ersolo.

Qui-Riv-Brid likes this.
  20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    What? Ursula?

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    yah maybe just recast Jones as an Erso ancestor or descendant (maybe Jyn had a little girl while on the run who grew up to look just like her). It's a bit hokey to cast the same actor as someone younger or older generation but not unprecedented.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    SlashMan likes this.
  22. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Retcon? I thought that had already happened!

That reminds that it turns out Jyn had a twin sister, Gyn, who was raised on Alderaan by Bail Antilles. Lyra had hidden the second child from Galen because of a premonition that she felt was from the Force.

She left the planet before the Death Star showed up after she felt compelled to leave not realizing that it was connected to her sister.

Oh yeah and Saw Gerrera actually got out the back way as well so he's still around hanging out with Tarkin who really did take that shuttle out.

Last I heard of them was that they were spending a lot of time with Bib Fortuna at Jabba's old palace...

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    Sarge likes this.
  23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Night of the Living Lars

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  24. Lobot's Wig

Lobot's Wig Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 13, 2020
    Just have a whole ton of Jyn clones. You could have them all just say "Jyn" to each other. Being Jyn Malkovich.

BigAl6ft6, Bor Mullet and TCF-1138 like this.
  25. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I literally thought of making this joke today, but you beat me to it. :p

Bor Mullet and Lobot's Wig like this.