main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Felicity Jones wants to "reincarnate" as Jyn Erso, thoughts?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Solister, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    It was one of the boldest and best decisions made in Rogue One, and it will remain a classic because of it.

Plus, they’re not that restricted. Instead of a sequel film, they’re making an entire prequel show.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    TX-20, Riv_Shiel, TCF-1138 and 2 others like this.
  2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    yeah but that only is about one of the Rogue One members and think we won't see the other ones.

3. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Cassian seems to be quite familiar with the Guardians of the Whills and the “problems” they’re causing on Jedha, so I can see them coming back. Galen Erso, Bodhi Rook and Saw Gerrera could also credibly appear.

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    The actor from Bodhi Rook dosen't think so, maybe in last few episodes of the show, Galen and Krennic plus Tarkin from empire side, sure we could get cameo's from guardians of the whills without Cassian meeting them, Saw Guerra i think will be a major player in the show. I hope for a Jyn cameo in this show. Maybe the show ends with Jyn in prison.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  5. Lobot's Wig

Lobot's Wig Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 13, 2020
    I can see why some people would say this, the characters of Rogue One are great, and it is tragic that we lose them all at the end. However, this is Rogue One's defining strength, and one of the reasons why it has become a much-lauded entry into the franchise. The sacrifice of the Rogue One team actually complements A New Hope, and gives real weight to just what is at stake. Very rarely do sequels come around which actually enhance and improve the source picture. For a movie which is actually a prequel to fit seamlessly and do this is something else.

6. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    I, too, was convinced that Rey was reincarnated Anakin: the sabre called to her, she was good with mechanics, could fly out of instinct. I think reincarnation would fit perfectly in the SW universe. How that would work with Jyn I'm not sure. They would have to do what they did in Bran Stoker's Dracula and have her play another character in the far future who is the reincarnation of Jyn.

devilinthedetails likes this.
  7. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Though I would love all that, I personally only see Saw Guererra being able to appear. I know Cassian seems to know about the Guardians of the Whills, but Baze and Chirrut don't in any way seem to act like they're familiar with him at all. That would be jarring IMO when watching Rogue One.

As for Bodhi, I would hope he shows up-cos I liked him. But the only way I see him really fitting in there is if they show Galen Erso and his teams working on the Death Star-which is where Bodhi came from. Otherwise the main part of his story kind of begins and (sadly) ends with Rogue One.

Sarge likes this.
  8. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Characters don't really need to be familiar with each other to have an appearance. Cassian could witness the issues between the Guardians and the Empire without actively engaging with them. I think the far bigger issue would be to get Donnie Yen and Wen Jiang to come back for what would be little more than a cameo.

Bodhi would only make sense if this takes place a very short time before Rogue One. I'm also not sure if he would really fit in when the show centers on Cassian Andor. Cassian clearly does not know him in any way, so any bits Bodhi would appear in would be completely disconnected from what Cassian would be doing. That seems rather unlikely for such a show. Maybe it's something you could see once the show approaches the timeline of Rogue One, but if the show starts of years prior to that, it wouldn't really fit to everything else that is going on.

Last edited: May 22, 2021
  9. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    the highlighted I could see working. If he doesn't actually interact with those two, then it would work to have them in the series.

Sarge likes this.
  10. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
  11. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Rogue Two opens on Exegol with Jyn climbing out of a cloning vat...

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    turns out, Jyn really IS Rey's mom.

13. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Perfect opportunity to bring in some old friends to resurrect her if that's the way they were to go.

It's an idea, not great but a starting point for further exploration.

14. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    As much as I liked the heroes of R1, they need to stay dead. Bringing them back would negate their sacrifice and suck all the nobility and pathos out of their story.

CIS Droid, Riv_Shiel, TX-20 and 4 others like this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yes. Prequels only for Rogue One’s dead heroes.

Riv_Shiel, TX-20 and TCF-1138 like this.
  16. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Or... hear me out here.

Jyn and Cassian as Toxic Avenger-style mutants on a post-apocalyptic Scariff. Lloyd Kaufman probably isn't too busy these days; put him in the director's chair. I'm sure it'd be great!

17. Darthvader1975

Darthvader1975 Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2020
    Shower sequence on board a star destroyer a la dallas lol

christophero30 likes this.
  18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I was thinking more of a Godzilla concept. Many years after the detonation on Scarif, there’s a rumble in the deep of its oceans. Out of the depths rise the 50-story tall radioactive crew of Rogue One, who then proceed to stomp around the planet causing havoc. Unable to find massive ships that they can fit into, however, they can’t get off Scarif and just keep stomping. Until they are defeated by locals of the city of Scarif Prime Minor, and retreat back into the ocean. Where we await their return. Again.

19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I like it. Attention LFL and Disney - scrap your current SW plans and make that ^.

TCF-1138 and Bor Mullet like this.
  20. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    I loved the ballsy ending...BUT...wouldn't care if they brought Jyn and Cassian back with the old "They got picked up in the last minute by a ship" chestnut. Actually, nah...

21. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I want to reincarnate as R2-D2!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  22. BlueYogurt

BlueYogurt Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2021
    Umm, since when do lightsabers "call out" to people? I think if Rey dug a little deeper into that box, she'd have found the wand that Maz had bought at a Harry Potter prop auction.

23. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    This isn't the thread for ST discussions.

24. BlueYogurt

BlueYogurt Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2021
    Not a problem, but to be fair, I was simply commenting on a post, that was discussing the ST, in a thread that's not for ST discussions.

Intergalactic Lawman likes this.
  25. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Yes, a post from March. Let's move on.