main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Female SW collectors

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Thena, Nov 16, 2003.

1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Last edited: May 16, 2021
    PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
  3. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    That's awesome! Would love to have it but I've got nowhere to put it.

4. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I was just coming here to mention that one. I never even saw it advertised and I follow Loungefly like a hawk.

You can get on the waitlist at this site for retail price
    https://cordyscorner.com/products/Padme-Amidala-exclusive-mini-backpack

This one would come from the UK
    https://www.geekcore.co.uk/collecti...star-wars-padme-amidala-cosplay-mini-backpack

5. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I got on the waitlist, fingers crossed.

PadmeLeiaJaina and wobbits like this.
  6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I just got a pin order from a lady who has a store on etsy - BUT she also has her own site where she's got lots and lots more Padme/Leia stuff that isn't available on etsy. I got one pin and 2 stickers - the Bride Padme pin is lovely - it's all sparkled on her veil.

Ashley Fantasy Pins

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sxnofthesuns likes this.
  7. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Yippie!!! My roommate just gave me the Queen Amidala Loungefly backpack! I am going to try and use it as a backpack, if it doesn’t work I can find a way to turn the straps into purse straps

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    That's awesome Cathie!

I'm currently reading "Most Wanted" a "Solo" companion novel and decided I'm going to work to kit bash a 12" Qi'Ra to go with my Hot Toys Han Solo. First up I ordered 2 unpainted heads and am waiting for them to arrive. In my 12" supplies I should have a brown wig that will work for the slinky black dress that she wears at their reunion scene.

I'd like a second one w/ her wearing the outfit w/ Lando's cape - but I'm finding it hard to find a brown hair wig that has bangs and a ponytail. I found a black one, but not brown. So that one will go on the back burner I guess.

cathiecat likes this.
  9. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I am so happy with my backpack, I have been wearing it everywhere out all the time, and of all things it helps me stand up straighter and doesn't hurt like I feared.

wobbits and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  10. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    Congrats @cathiecat on getting the Padme backpack! That's awesome!

My light up Vader backpack arrived this week. The liner inside is a cool death star pattern. I am really glad I managed to find it available in pre order status. It's ridiculous on the secondary market.

My Revan and Bastila Gamestop box came this week too. Just waiting to see if Sideshow pushes my Baby Yoda Hot Toys back another month...

cathiecat likes this.
  11. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I just found out that Tucson just opened a 5 below! Going to check it out tomorrow

12. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I just bought more Padme stickers for my car, 2 of the ones I already bought turned out to not be weatherproof . Funny in that I own a cricut maker and have made several Padme stickers on my own, but I can’t resist buying certain stickers that I can’t copy because it would be illegal, plus my Ink will fade in the sunlight. I also bought 2 more sets of Naboo dangly earrings.

13. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    I went down the sticker rabbit hole on etsy this week. I have at least 6 Star Wars sticker orders coming and one Bucky Barnes.

Hot Toys Baby Yoda should be here tomorrow or Saturday. Cannot wait.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    cathiecat and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I have an obnoxious number of pins that I ordered this month. Next month I'm going to try to hold off - there are a few really great artists that have upcoming pins that I want to try for and they're not cheap.

Can't wait to see your HT Baby Yoda. Be careful, apparently when you switch out his mouth it can easily rip?

FYI - my same username for here is what I use on Instagram - I've been posting pics of my new pins there. Got 7 today + 1 sticker :p

cathiecat likes this.
  15. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I appreciate all the news about Padme pins you send! I do however have to force myself to hold off in the month of July and August. We are going to Vegas and will need food money, and drink money for 3 1/2 days. I would prefer to stay home and spend all the money on Star Wars to be honest, not looking forward to all the outdoor walking in the heat. One of these days hopefully Vegas will have a way to travel everywhere by moving sidewalk or monorail/ tram. I have no idea why our family decided that August heat was the perfect time for a family reunion!

16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Let me guess they don't all live somewhere that's boiling hot in the summer?

17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    well, it gets to 100 in Arkansas, and humid as all get out. I guess they are thinking "It's a dry heat". How many times have I told someone, once it gets past 100 it doesn't matter if it's a dry heat, it just roasts and roasts to a crisp

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Or as my sister retorts, "So's the inside of my oven."

cathiecat likes this.
  19. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    @PadmeLeiaJaina , could you direct me to your Padme images for computer screen ? I got my new computer back in March but only just got around to thinking about decor for my screen

20. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I just had something very distressing happen, I was browsing on Sideshow and looked to see my wish list, I was clicking on each figure. When I tried to look at Padme Amidala, it says page missing, blah blah blah. She still shows as coming soon on the last page of all the star wars items, but if you search it from wish list it doesn't exist anymore.[face_sigh]

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'm betting she and Kit Fisto are coming next year for the 20th anniversary of "Attack of the Clones". They'll probably do Anakin and Obi-Wan also. Hot Toys is incredibly reactive to putting out crap that they feel will sell NOW. The tv shows are hot. Clone Wars is hot. They'll get to AOTC when they feel like it.

Remember that Endor Leia was up as coming soon for like 2-3 years before BAM she and Wicket arrived as in the pipeline figures.

Besides, it's very important for them to put out their 7,000th Iron Man before older Star Wars figures that they promised :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
    cathiecat likes this.
  22. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Rebelscum.com has been purchased by Joshua Durazzo, not sure I spelled that right. anyway, he and his wife and another guy purchased Rebelscum.com from Philip Wise recently. Ladies, this is our chance. They are asking for comments, asking us to engage in conversation with them. I already commented that we women don't get enough attention in Star Wars collecting. So here is the link to the video they put out.

23. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Also, Heather Durazzo is his wife. here is a link to her recent post on the Forums at Rebelscum.com So far there aren't a lot of comments on this thread, so a great opportunity to make our wants and needs in Star Wars collecting heard.

24. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Go for it! I've been keeping an eye on the situation over there (I do have an ID but haven't commented so far). However, I hope they don't adopt that rather hideous branding for Rebelscum that's at the video link. it looks like a throwback to early web design days.

cathiecat likes this.
  25. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    reminds me of Tron.