main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Female SW collectors

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Thena, Nov 16, 2003.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Gah - thanks for the heads up. Got the Lakeside Padme necklace, the 4 pack of Padme pins, and the Jappor Snippet necklace. The 2 necklaces will go nicely with the Naboo Headdress that I got off of Mercari that's on its way to me.

2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I got the two necklaces, mismatched earring set, and the card holder. I didn’t like the look of the pins, the backpack chibi style was a miss for me as well. I really do hope hot toys and gentle giant don’t hit till next month! I don’t know how I feel about the purse though?!

Mercari!! On my way!!

I’ve gotten some wonderful compliments on my new Padmé wardrobe!!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
  3. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I have no reserves!! I went back and bought the purse!

wobbits and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  4. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I like the purses on that site, I just really don't need something else to collect.

As it is I'm not sure how I'm going to display my Padme goodies, but I'll figure something out.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
    cathiecat likes this.
  5. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I just use everything I buy. I collect the collectibles but I use all the backpacks, purses, notebooks, day planners, etc. they get worn out and torn up over time but I enjoy showing it all off.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
  6. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I’m clinging to money to be ready to pay for gentle giant statue that I have heard will be released at the end of the month. But I keep buying pins and stuff!! Then praying hot toys releases Padmé at SDCC

7. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I found a new obsession. Wristmania has a ton of new Star Wars stuff, especially some great Obi Wan series themed items. I can smell a new collection coming on.

cathiecat likes this.
  8. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I love my two writmania iwatch bands

9. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    I haven't sprung for any bands yet. Got my first t shirt this week though, the Darth Vader I Am What You Made Me.

cathiecat likes this.
  10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I've probably given my friend Morgan a headache. On top of all of the High Republic figures I want costumes made for, I dug out all of my "parts and parts" 12" projects that I've been squirreling away for years and showed her what I want made...eventually.

AOTC Padme - Reroot and update dress.

I got this AOTC Padme nude. I yanked the stupid plastic blobs off of the back of her head and she's left w/ a weird protrusion at the base of her head.
    For this doll I want a reroot done (heads are too hard for me to do w/ the tools I use.) Then head will go on the Vampire Mattel body. Hair will be styled for the Fireplace scene.
    Dress is from a Barbie "Society Girl" doll. She's going to trim down the skirt so the overskirt is the same length as the skirt. Then she just needs to make gloves, a necklace, and the boa/shawl.
    [​IMG]

Padme - Beautiful Braids

I'd picked up this head, it's got 3 weird things stuck in her head. She's got the bun and 2 long wire things. The hair at the top of the head and down her back under the bun I think are stuck in the hole under the bun and are in 2 pieces.

I want her to remove the long wire things and if she can remove the bun. Then she'll need a partial reroot. Doll shown is body for her to go on. If the bun can fully come off she's kind of free game to become any Padme that has long flowing hair. So probably either AOTC Balcony scene nightgown or ROS blue nightgown (second one I think.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    If the bun can't be removed, we're thinking she'll get done up in this concept art costume from AOTC

[​IMG]

Kimi Head Padme - x2

I have 2 of these heads but only 1 body so far. These heads are great, they look a lot like Natalie. Only problem is the hair isn't super long.

Costumes to commission for them will be Green Ruminations dress from ROTS
    If I can somehow put in some hair extensions I'd like #2 to be AOTC Confession blue poncho dress.

[​IMG]

Heads - Headplay and Triad toys

The 2 heads on the left are from Triad. The 2 on the right are Headplay heads.

I recently bought 2 bodies for the headplay heads - and the neck nobs don't quite fit. I bought some new neck connector and 2 more bodies - they should work. They were Hot Toys bodies, I've used them before w/ the headplay heads.

All of these heads have molded short hair.

One of the Triad heads I want to do in the Peasant Disguise Naboo outfit (hair doesn't matter.)
    I need to buy a couple more doll wigs to figure out what to do with the other 2.

[​IMG]

I have one perfect wig - it'll go on one of the Head play heads and she will get the maroon/tan Clone Wars outfit. Morgan can get the wig on her and style the hair also. She'll then look great w/ my new CW Anakin and Ahsoka

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I have an extra Forces of Destiny Padme that I'll put on a Mattel body - she's going to get some sort of Padme Clone Wars dress. I haven't decided what yet.
    [​IMG]

I'm leaning towards these 2:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Leia - I have this extra Endor Chase Hasbro Leia doll. She's got a big hole in her head at the back which is good because the head won't come off. I'd like her rerooted w/ light hair and have an Ep 7 General Leia outfit made for her.
    [​IMG]

I also have 2 Robert Tonner dolls. One is super basic Tyler that I rerooted eons ago to turn her into Queen Amidala. I need to work on repainting her. Then she's going to get the Purple travel dress from TPM. I'd always wanted the Red Throne room dress but I didn't use great hair on her (I don't think) so the purple gown is good, it'll hide the hair.

The other doll is a new Olivia Chase doll. She'll need a full reroot (which I can do, I just need to get a heating pad). When she gets a full head of brown hair, I'll decide if she should be Padme or Rey. I had thought she would work for Padme but I don't think her face is the right shape. It's very square which would make her great as a Rey doll. For that I'll have her done in her ROS outfit.

[​IMG]

Lastly I somehow ordered 4 of these new Barbie Looks dolls. They'll be showing up this month. She's screaming to get redone as Mon Mothma. Only thing is her skin tone should be lighter but I think she'll work.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    cathiecat likes this.
  11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I got my Robert Tonner doll. Doll is a wig doll, not rooted. Her head is super small and the sculpt is really harsh. My friend Morgan is suggesting she get made into Asajj Ventress. She actually would work for that, but I'd have to get an airbrush to paint her fully white and then repaint her. What a pain. I might just sell her or see if Morgan would want her in trade. How disappointing.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
    cathiecat likes this.
  12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I purchased a Robert Tonner Daphne doll from my friend Morgan who has brown eyes and brown hair. W/o any work she looks JUST like Padme! I never knew this version of Daphne existed. If I did I would've bought a half dozen of them.

She's going to ship her once she gets my other dolls done. I'm almost done paying off Oola, Avar is paid for. When I get this lovely lady, she's going to get a boil perm and will wear the blue apartment conversation dress from ROTS.

[​IMG]

I have a version of the dress for this that I bought from Morgan long ago.

[​IMG]

I'm excited for the up and coming Padme Clone Wars mini-bust from Gentle Giant! It was nice that they had her Geonosis statue on display along with this bust. On their official FB post showcasing it I thanked them and told them this is the first Padme item to ever be made with this outfit.

[​IMG]

13. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    That Daphne really is a close enough match.

I’ve added some more Loungefly to my collection. This week brought the Amazon Leia Boussh and the Luke Skywalker cosplay ROTJ bag. Snagged both on sale.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    If I actually have money and see when they come out I might get one of the High Republic Loungefly bags/wallets. There's very little High Republic stuff out there.

This weekend I worked on my dolls, getting them finalized to eventually get outfits.

Padme #1.

This Padme uses a Headplay head, wig, and a new action figure body that is sized more like Barbie. She's going to get the maroon and tan pantsuit from The Clone Wars and will have her hair styled. Boots are a fantastic pair of Barbie boots from the 90's that will look great w/ the outfit.

[​IMG]

Padme #2

This is another Headplay head - I think she's on a Kumik body - also wearing a wig. The wig is a bit more modern w/ the giant curls, but I think pulling it back the curls will look fine.
    Outfit? Maybe blue Tatooine poncho

[​IMG]

Padme 3
    This doll is a mashup of the AOTC Hasbro Geonosis Arena doll and a Twilight Barbie doll. Outfit is from a Society girl Barbie. She's wearing a wig.
    She'll be going to my friend Morgan for some final work. She'll probably redo the hair (I suck at styling), give her a necklace, trim the underskirt (the white flows way out further than the black lace,) I pinned it back to see what it would look like all evened out. And she'll get gloves and the shawl. Shawl is needed since her head is so big. But overall I like how she's coming along.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Padme #4

This is the Disney Store Thor Jane doll who I am going to reroot. Doll as-is is only about 9 1/2 inches tall and is on a very bulky body. I got her head off, removed her hair and found that it works on my action figure body - same as the one I'm using for the #1 Padme. Her head is a little on the yellowish side. I might order another body, they offer one that's not quite as "pink" as the one I ordered and am using. The lighting in my room makes it look like a match but it's not quite the same. She'll have long hair. I think she would work w/ my upcoming Sideshow animated Anakin. I'm just not sure what outfit to give her.

[​IMG]

Padme #5

I put the extra Beautiful Braids Padme head on the Barbie Body I showed above. I'm so used to those dolls being shorter, it's kind of weird seeing her taller. (I need to take pics of her.)

Padme #6 and 7

I have the 2 other dolls that have the shorter curled hair already affixed on them nearly ready. One will need a second hand. One will get the Green Ruminations dress. Haven't decided what the other will get.

Mustafar Padme

I've had this doll forever, she's got a Headplay head. I got a wig for her. So after like 9 years she finally has hair! I need to redo the braid - again my hair management sucks. I need to pull it tighter so you can see her ears so it'll be more screen accurate. (I won't be doing the complicated braiding in the back, that's beyond me.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

For all of the wigs I bought adhesive sticky velcro. I put the none grippy side into the wig and then put the gripper side on the head - voila - wigs stay on perfectly!
    Wigs are doll wigs sized 4-5 - I bought them on Etsy.

I got a really awesome dreadlocks wig for my Quinlan Vos figure I want to do. I had bought another Ken who I had thought I could customize to be him after a repaint, but I don't like that Ken's head, it's small and his face gets lost in the hair. The Ken had darker skintone than the one I had planned to use, which would've made it more character accurate though. So I'm back to my original Ken. Only problem is I'd have to remove all of his hair to use the wig and I don't want to do that (he's got a thick head of lovely black long hair.) I have to remind myself that I do have an extra head, it won't be the end of the world to make it bald.

Also I played around w/ the various male bodies I had and found one that would work for the head I bought to be Elzar Mann from The High Republic. Got the head on and saw it from another angle - dammit - it's a Tom Cruise head. I'm not using that weirdo in my collection. So I'm back to the drawing board to find another head to be Elzar.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
  15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Better pic of my Mustafar Padme - I redid her hair a bit. It's not perfect but it'll do.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JEDI-RISING likes this.
  16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Woohooo my ROTS Leia Pop from Amazon has shipped!

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Sorry - that's PADME pop!

cathiecat likes this.
  18. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Peeks in as she is a collector, has been for 45 years and was unaware of this thread.

wobbits and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  19. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I was cleaning out a drawer the other day and found my Soontir Fel and Hobbie Klivian figures. They’re still in the pack with the comic. I bought it for the Fel, of course.

I had had with packing the last time I moved, and they put my SW stuff everywhere. It’s fun to discover my hidden gems.

[​IMG]

20. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I have Biggs and Wedge
    [​IMG]
    Un opened of course! Wanted too so badly, but nope. I really would love to go through mine but the birds are in front of it all these days. :(

21. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Aww.

Mine are still in packages too. I’ve got Wedge and Biggs too, but I think the packaging is a little different.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I debox most everything. As it is I currently have an enormous stack of empty boxes that need to go into storage. Once I can get them out I can finally work on getting my room reorganized and put stuff that I've been squirreling away since the pandemic started out on display. It'll be like Christmas - I've probably forgotten 1/2 of the stuff I've bought.

23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    The Funko soda can Queen Amidala is available for preorder at Gamestop!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    I feel like I haven’t been here in ages. The only new things I added were two more Loungefly. Got the new Mando Jawa one arriving this week and the GItD force ghost Yoda on pre order.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.