main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Female SW collectors

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Thena, Nov 16, 2003.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    There are a couple of cool new goodies up at ShopDisney that you all might be interested in!

Princess Leia Vinyl Figure by Nidhi Chanani – Star Wars Women of the Galaxy

Illustrator and artist Nidhi Chanani has reimagined Princess Leia as this collectible vinyl figure. Featured in her iconic white outfit, Leia was created for our Star Wars Women of the Galaxy Collection, which celebrates some of the bravest heroes near and far, far away. Standing over 7'' high, this collectible Star Wars figure is featured on a stand and comes in a presentation box.

Magic in the details

Collectible vinyl figure
    Artist: Nidhi Chanani
    Comes on stand with Alliance Starbird symbol
    Comes in window display box with scenic background
    Inspired by the Star Wars saga
    Part of the Star Wars Women of the Galaxy Collection

The bare necessities

Ages 3+
    PVC / ABS
    Leia: 7 1/4'' H x 4'' Diameter
    Box: 8 3/4'' H x 5'' W x 5'' D
    Imported

Order HERE

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Star Wars Women of the Galaxy Mug

Supercharge your brew with a legendary crew. This Star Wars Women of the Galaxy mug celebrates some of the bravest heroes near and far, far away. In true heroic fashion, they've got you covered on all sides with screen art of Ahsoka Tano, Rey Skywalker, Leia Organa, Padmé Amidala, Hera Syndulla and Rose Tico. Screen printed on the inside of the mug are the immortal words: ''The Force is with us.'' Inspired by the Star Wars saga, this stylish ceramic mug makes a strong cuppa no matter how you take your coffee or tea.

Magic in the details

Hot beverage mug
    Ahsoka Tano, Rey Skywalker, Leia Organa, Padmé Amidala, Hera Syndulla and Rose Tico screen art on the outside
    ''The Force is with us'' text on the inside
    Ceramic
    Inspired by the Star Wars saga
    Part of the Star Wars Women of the Galaxy Collection

The bare necessities

Wash thoroughly before first use
    Microwave and dishwasher safe
    100% stoneware
    Approx. 4'' H x 3'' Diameter
    Holds approx. 14 oz
    Imported

Order HERE

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Very cute!! I Honestly think my room and house have almost reach capacity! Well, a Capacity that allows us to continue to live here comfortably, I don't want to appear on 'Hoarders - Special Edition - Star Wars Hoarding' :p

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Book hoarding is my vice - I could start my own bookstore.

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Errr guilty of both? lol

Worst part of my collection, even if I get everything up and in order, I have tons and tons of posters that I have nowhere to display them.

5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Mine are in tubes stashed in corners. I framed the metallic jigsaws too, currently behind the wardrobe.

It's never ending. I am finding myself collecting quilt covers, pillows, sheets, kitchen stuff, handbags and purses. All things I can use on a daily basis making them more useful. I don't feel so bad about them then as I am using them.

6. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    @PadmeLeiaJaina if you are still interested in the High Republic Loungelfy bags, some of the smaller shops that carry them have marked them down as part of spring sales and whatnot. Prices are pretty good.

Loungefly just came out with bags that have the actual movie scenes all over and I'm playing catch up. The Phantom Menace bag has a full picture of Padme on the back.

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    So I got THR backpack from a seller on Mercari - great price - annnnddd it was smokey smelling :mad:I need to get a place just for it to work on desmoking it. Otherwise it's in new condition.

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Disneystore (I think) has a bedding set that's all Ahsoka! I love seeing bedding that's actually aimed at girls with female characters. It's sooo rare to find them. If we ever get organized to have a sewing machine out, I want to make a quilt from extra t-shirts I have. I have SOO many, I don't need them them all. Having a cute quilt thrown over my chair in my SW room would be awesome.

If I lived alone I probably would have Star Wars stuff everywhere, but I live with my sister and confine my stuff to my SW room. I *might see about putting some poster up in the hallway though.

I have a tall laundry basket stuffed in my closet that's filled w/ tubes and posters and rolls of SW wrapping paper.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2023
  9. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    Oh that sucks. I use Mercari as a last resort. I just stalk the small shops and wait for sales.

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Well the good news is 2 months later it no longer stinks and has been released into my room.

[​IMG]

Recently I won 2 early Tyler Wentworth Robert Tonner dolls. Both had brown hair. They don't look like Padme, but I figured they'd work as models. Here's one of them wearing the Apartment blue dress from ROTS made by Stardust Dolls.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  11. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    @PadmeLeiaJaina I wanted to ask- I follow you on Insta and wondered why you are selling your pins? I might have missed something since I don't get posts in order and miss some.

I've slowed down on my Loungefly. I really wanted to like the movie scenes bags but when I got my first one I was a little disappointed. I felt like they could have chosen better side panels. I'll still try for the whole PT/OT sets but only when the small shops or Amazon mark them down.

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I have managed over the last 2 years to amass a huge collection of pins. If I'm needing moola they're a pretty quick way for me to make a few bucks. The amount of pins I'm selling is only a fraction of what I actually own. lol

I am planning an enormous sale this summer on other SW stuff. (I know LAJ I can't advertise it here.) But it'll be all sorts of random stuff I've accumulated over the years (much of it being from thrift stores.) That sale is strictly to get extra stuff out of my room and to help pay for new shelves in my SW room. If it goes well I'll probably do another sale once after I get my room reorganized because I'm sure I'll pull more stuff to get rid of. I haven't even touched my posters or books (well books I have set aside to keep....I have a bunch of other books to sell.)

I also have tons of Non-SW stuff to sell. I have Disney Princess Barbies coming out of my ears that I can sell. lol

Adalia-Durron and wobbits like this.
  13. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Hey!! What’s new in Padmé Amidala and Leia collectibles
    I had to disappear for a while to get established in our new place and settle in. Plus now take care of my father-in-law. So been very scarce! But wanting to shop my favorite things to collect

14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I don't honestly know, I find things I like and I buy them, nothing specific but mostly Jedi/Rebel stuff.

cathiecat likes this.
  15. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    @cathiecat Don't know if you've seen it already, but Hasbro have recently announced a new Black Series figure of Padmé from The Phantom Menace, wearing her handmaiden battle gear from the film's big finale.

There's also a set of six Retro figures in the pipeline, one of which is Queen Amidala in her initial red and gold finery.

Given that 2024 is the 25th Anniversary for The Phantom Menace, I'm guessing there'll be quite a bit of new merchandise, some of which will hopefully feature Padmé a bit more prominently than before. I know LEGO have some sets in the works, including one based on the podrace, so that could come with a Padmé minifig (as I believe she's been included in previous podracer sets, and LEGO are nothing if not consistent).

Adalia-Durron and cathiecat like this.
  16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Hot Toys announced they're going to focus on TPM. I'm hoping we get a Queen Amidala

17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Anyone around

18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I’m around!! I got the lamp last week, so excited to get it, but the Mara figure is on watch. My bestfriend works where it is and she heard it would be reduces soon, so waiting............
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I got Mara back in September. I still have issues with not being able to see figure without opening. Normally not a big deal because I normally unbox, but the box is as nice as what I hope is inside!

your room is awesome! We are in process of moving my daughter to her own room. After that I start on setting my room up.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2024
    Happy Sando and Adalia-Durron like this.
  20. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    That's my bedroom, mother in law "you have a 14 year old boys room and it will end your marriage!!!"

Well, that was 10 years ago....and no, it has not, and with the way he snores, it think it saved our marriage!!! And I love my '14 year old boys room!' :p Heaps more X Wings on the roof, lightshade is the Death Star and there is much more in there.......including several Mark Hamill signed and framed images.. ;)

21. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Happy Sando likes this.
  22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Stunning! Love them to bits!! It's that classy subtle fandom that I love. [face_love]

cathiecat and Happy Sando like this.
  23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Those are pretty

24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    New Shrine Arrival! Yesterday an item I've been waiting for arrived - my 1/6 scale Queen Amidala figure by Play Toy.

Figure is for the Asian market, although it will start showing up at independent collectible toy stores in the US soon. If you are like me and desperately want one NOW, look up Play Toy NO: PO18 Queen Amidala 1/6 figure on ebay, they're showing up all over there. That's where I got mine. Note this is NOT available at Sideshow.

For anyone interested in waiting https://www.facebook.com/toyanxiety/ when they come in they'll announce it. You just have to call to order. I've bought from them a lot over the years, they're great to work with and are trustworthy.

Onto the Queen! Finally we have a 12" collectible Queen Amidala for the adult market. Figure comes as shown - she's got her gown, head w/ headdress, booted feet (not photographed but very cute!) and 1 set of hands
    Pros: Figure's facial likeness to Natalie Portman is awesome. After the spectacular failure of the Sideshow Illum Padme, this is light years better. I've purchased many Natalie sculpt face sculpts over the years in this size and I think this is the best (so far.) I like that the eyes have the same glossy kind of depth in the painting that you see in Hot Toys and other high end figures.

The gown looks amazing. It's got real fur and the lapel is nicely embroidered. I think the headdress and hair looks good. The head isn't overly heavy which could have happened.
    Cons: I wish they had embroidered the gold designs on the dress, instead they're just pressed on. Those will likely eventually fall off and crumble. I also think the top of the headdress feels like it's a tad short, it seems like it's missing one big red jewel at the top.

As it stands I'm not complaining. The figure is lovely. She's the prettiest and most screen accurate 1/6 scale Queen Amidala made as of right now.
    Figure is currently selling for around $175 from China. I don't know what the US cost will be. This figure is not licensed (hence the weird box art), as such it's $100 cheaper than a Hot Toys figure.

If Hot Toys comes out w/ this figure, I'll be getting it also. My dream w/ their version would be to have moving eyes, light up globes on the dress, and come w/ her throne. Until then I'm delighted to own this beauty and recommend her for Padme/ Queen Amidala fans.

Photos are from my phone so they're a bit off color wise.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    [face_love] I want to put a bigger heart, she looks amazing!