main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Fenn Rau

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Jan 27, 2016.

1. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    That would be an excellent way to introduce the “Dar’Manda” concept back into canon, though perhaps making it a more vicious renunciation of someone as being disowned by their culture, rather than a simple criticism.

Though I actually had a theory Gideon was a Mandalorian who rejected his culture and embraced being an Imperial even more than Tyber Saxon, and on a separate theory, that it’s possible that the Imperial Supercommandos like Hark might not have been involved with the Purge, but still get blamed for it because of their earlier affiliations, and thus be desperate for some kind of salvation and redemption.

The possibility of Gideon having other spies and traitors in Mandalorian ranks is still a strong possibility, and might add an extra flavor of conflict if Rau, Bo, or others are aware of them, creating paranoia as to whose “court” they’re in.

2. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    I would be very interested to see both in later seasons. Those still serving the Empire would make for interesting, vicious antagonists, adding layers of emotional impact versus another Imperial warlord.

The latter has the potential for multiple new story threads, where characters will bump heads, but work past their differences and find some common ground. Or maybe events do not work out. I would actually like to see a story where two different groups try to come together, but by the end, there's too much bad blood, so agree to peacefully go their separate ways. Themes we can all relate to. As you mentioned, salvation and redemption, additionally, mistrust, fear, and isolation. I've had my own fanfiction story ideas percolating in my head about surviving members of Clan Saxon and how they live with themselves during and after the Mandalorian Civil War depicted in Star Wars Rebels.

whostheBossk and godisawesome like this.
  3. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    All of this stuff would be very cool. And I think it leans into the strengths of the show, which has brought shades of grey into Star Wars without losing sight of its pulpy action-fantasy roots.

Of course we could all be chasing our tails and Mando S3 could have little to nothing to do with this stuff! Maybe it's just more underworld hijinks, maybe Thrawn comes back and that's the focus. I think we can count on Bo being prominent and hope for some of the rest of it, but who knows.

godisawesome likes this.
  4. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    ...I still really want to see them use Protector armor in The Mandalorian.

But, would you change it up any, or keep its more esoteric curves?

5. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Keep it, for the most part.

I think they're going to want the armor varied up pretty significantly. So far so good, but the more Mandos they get onscreen the more they're going to to be concerned about the general audience keeping them straight! Honestly, it's kind of amusing that soon the entire history of SW live action TV will be four seasons each starring one of two characters wearing essentially the same costume.

godisawesome likes this.
  6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think once we go to Mandalore in season 3 of the mandalorian we will see Fenn Rau again.

godisawesome likes this.
  7. godisawesome

Dec 14, 2010
    Here’s hoping.

whostheBossk likes this.