main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Bad Batch Fennec Shand (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by DannyD, Nov 22, 2020.

1. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Fennec was the crimelords' bounty hunter trying to get off Tatooine in Mando 1, awaiting pick up by someone. She was supposedly killed by Mando's double-crossing partner.

After being discovered by Mando, after she was shot, she is left behind, and another mysterious figure finds her.

Apparently, she has been seen on set again.

So what do folks think?

If she is back for Mando 2, is this flashback or is she making a full return?

Was the mysterious figure, in Mando 1, Gideon? Was Gideon attempting to get her off world?

Is she somehow involved in Gideon's cloning/ecperiments in Mando 2?

Or is she done and dusted?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    She seemed pretty dead in Season 1.

Sarge and Avnar like this.
  3. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    She sure did...but I don't trust SW anymore in this department. Death has lost all meaning in the GFFA...

Sarge likes this.
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    It seems we might see her again this, this season.

5. DannyD

Dec 16, 2017
    Cloning or experimentation seems to get around death meaning dead.

And as @Fredrik Vallestrand says, we may be seeing her again...

whostheBossk likes this.
  6. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
  7. DannyD

Dec 16, 2017
    Yup. I thought as much.

I hear she's back in today's episode.

What's her role now?

8. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    You're not watching the episode? She's helping out Boba Fett because he saved her. The middle part of her body where she got shot is cybernetic now.

9. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Boba's Zam Wesell.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  10. Boba Fett.

Boba Fett. Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 14, 2020
    Incomprehensible survival but it gives a beautiful duet

11. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    not really. She got shot in the gut. Din's brain got scrambled in S1E8 but he survived, and with no apparent disabilities.

12. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Oooh, I hadn't thought of it that way but I really like the mirroring here now that you mention it!

DarthKreVass likes this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I have already seen people speculating that Shand and Fett will end up together. Like come on people

14. DannyD

Dec 16, 2017
    Will be watching soon! Nice for her and Boba to have a companion.

15. Boba Fett.

Boba Fett. Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 14, 2020
    The difference being that Shand was like dead for almost a day

16. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I really liked her in this episode and I would love a mini-series of her and Boba going on hunts in the underworld together.

17. Saturn830

Saturn830 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 8, 2019
    Yeah, not sure how she wasn't braindead by the time Boba gound her, but I'm not going to pull strings.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s not like she was shot in the head she was shot in the gut and blaster wounds cauterize straight away.

Look this man survived 90 years with a bullet straight to the head stranger things have happened

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bo...sL28yeahHFtASmCBePK/story.html?outputType=amp

19. Saturn830

Saturn830 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 8, 2019
    Yes, but the brain starts to undergo irreversible damage a few minutes after the body shuts down and both Din and Toro seemed to think she was done. I guess neither of them are medical doctors though, so perhaps they called it too early.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  20. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    This. Why was this character sooo important that they had to bring her back and further demean death in the GFFA...? I just don't understand it.

MrDarth0, Blackhole E Snoke and Sarge like this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It was pretty obvious in retrospect that she wasn’t dead. We’ll see her importance later. Also when we have had
    Palpatine
    Maul
    Boba
    Gregor
    Echo
    Ahsoka

All survive certain death two of those literally being resurrected. I think death has already lost most of its meaning by this point.

DarthKreVass likes this.
  22. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    I couldn't imagine being fixated on death and biology in Star Wars of all franchises. It's Star Wars.

23. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    That's a cop out (that's going to read worse than I mean it [face_peace]) Character deaths add to the much needed drama of a good movie/tv show. The stakes are never high if everyone is always safe and the bad guys pose no threat. In the ST I never felt like Rey would get so much as a scratch!

When Toro "killed" Fennec I was like :eek: woah! I thought Disney would push the no violence against women so far into it's products that they would never show it, and it would never happen. That would not be consistent with the line of work Fennec is in as anyone could die. Man, woman, alien, droid etc :cool: Her death was unexpected and I liked it. Now it's undone and it just didn't need to be... They couldn't have just come up with another character?? Was she needed at all?? I will concede that the figure at the end of episode 5 always hinted at more from this scenario, but then just have her laying there in pain when he walks up [face_dunno]

Blackhole E Snoke and Sarge like this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    A character should only be killed off or written off once they have no further story or if it really pushes someone along. A character should never be killed for simple shock. I am glad she is still around

Mia Mesharad and RetropME like this.
  25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    A Bacta suit took less than a day to completely heal a lightsaber injury to a spine in this universe. A tough bounty hunter being shot in the gut and lingering for a day is the least of our plausibility concerns. Hell, this may have been the third or fourth time she was shot in the same spot. Vader got the Boxing Helena treatment and then was lit on fire and was still able to lay there waiting for help.