main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF Europe t-shirts

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by Obi Anne , Mar 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Ok, maybe a bit "naked", but it looks really much more better! :D

Good work, Whitehorse! :D

2. MARCOLAS

MARCOLAS FF France North CR - FanForce Logo Designer star 6

Apr 3, 2001
    Don't add anything. But maybe you can change the font of the title, and make examples with other colours
    Good job :)

3. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    Great! Very impressive! :eek: :)

4. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I definitely like these colors better. :D

As for the picture being "naked". Perhaps you could try with a small aircraft: a Naboo Fighter, A Tie-Fighter or an X-Wing - or perhaps two of them. I might be totally off, but if you can make one or two samples, then it will be easier to see how it looks. ;)

5. Nwalme Jade

Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2000
    I don't know, I think it looks fine the way it is... don't think an overbusy image would look good. Great job !

Now the colours - it's all personnal taste but I like less strong colours, like steelblue or dark red :)

6. Kdace

Kdace RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 23, 2001
    Really good image WhiteHorse! :)

7. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm also in favour of milder colours, on the other hand, we want the logo to be seen, won't we?

Anyway, can we put May 18th (that's a Sunday) as a deadline for submission? Depending on how many people make submission we might allow them to bring more than one, if we are going to have it as a poll there is 12 options on the poll, I don't see a reason not to fill them up.

8. Mr_Mundi

May 24, 2002
    Like I said:
    "In the end there might be 10 different oppinions as to how the colors should be."
    ;)

9. WhiteHorse

WhiteHorse Jedi Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    Thanks all. I will try to make the variations you asked later today. :)
    But now... LUNCH TIME! :D

BBL

10. WhiteHorse

Apr 3, 2002
    Sorry for the time..
    I made the pictures yesterday, but i had problems with my ISP and only had my internet back, today (now).

In these picks i tried out diferent effects to the letters as well as other fonts. I also tried out the colors requested for the logos (darkred and steelblue).

ffe-shirt_project01c_metalic-shadded.jpg

ffe-shirt_project01c_hollow-metalic-shadded.jpg

ffe-shirt_project01c_hand-babyblue-shadded.jpg

ffe-shirt_project01c_hand-babyblue-purpleaura.jpg

Give me some info on what fonts, effects and colors you liked in here. :)

P.S.: I will try out making also a version with a ship or 2, as sugested by some, to see how it looks.

11. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Great work! :D

I like the third one the most! :) Very good! :)

12. MARCOLAS

Apr 3, 2001
    I like the colours of the third one, and the metallic font of the first one :)
    Good job :)

13. Nwalme Jade

Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2000
    Love the colours on the third one too :D As for the fonts, the first two ones.

14. WhiteHorse

Apr 3, 2002
  15. Kendra

Kendra Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 4, 2001
    well concerning the last logo of the previous page I'll be the odd one... I preferd in green and red, these new colours ar more star wars like, but also.... it's beacause of red and blue, it looks like French, English or Dutch... maybe with a differnt blue and different red...
    For the fonts is it possible to try to use Distant galaxy or Star Jedi for the title ?

EDIT ok I have seen the others... well can you try still with the SW font, bur with a plain colour, without any aura or coloured lines ? The naboo fighter is nice, but with it on, I can't see the empire symbol wich vanishes in the colours melted together...

16. MARCOLAS

Apr 3, 2001
    I love the effect of the Naboo Fighter. But, as you say, it's a bit "too much". I like the other one too.
    But I don't know if all the effects on the title (metallic, and so...) will not be a problem during the printing

17. Mr_Mundi

May 24, 2002
    I love the transparent effect of the Naboo Fighter. But you are right, it does make the picture a bit heavy. Could you try to reduce it to about a quarter of it's present size and place it under the text.
    I realize though, that the many colors may still be to much.

But perhaps if you follow Kendra's adwise, and make the text in a plain color without the aura. Then it would reduce the number of colors and maybe make room for the Naboo Fighter, still in small size.

18. WhiteHorse

Apr 3, 2002
  19. Mr_Mundi

May 24, 2002
    Now you are closing in on something I really like :) . Now to be difficult, could you make the Naboo Fighter a little bit bigger. Then it would be easyer to see from a distance. If you move it a little bit out, then it won't interfere to much with the countries.

I like the fact, that you changed the color of the text to yellow, reducing the basic colors to three.

I can see that you prefer multiple colors for the text. How about using the font from "hollowandnonhollow-metalic-shadded.jpg" with the darker yellow outlining the lighter yellow on both words. I don't know if it can be done or if the metalic color is integrated in the font. But I think, that it would bring a more steady picture - to my eyes anyway, with the two words looking more alike.

Keep up the good work :D

20. MARCOLAS

Apr 3, 2001
    Now you are closing in on something I really like happy.gif . Now to be difficult, could you make the Naboo Fighter a little bit bigger. Then it would be easyer to see from a distance. If you move it a little bit out, then it won't interfere to much with the countries.

I like the fact, that you changed the color of the text to yellow, reducing the basic colors to three.

That's what I think. I love the colours, the font. But the Naboo Fighter is a bit small.
    Could you do one without the ship ? And one with a bigger one ?

21. WhiteHorse

Apr 3, 2002
    ffeurope-tshirt-project01c_yellow-shadded.jpg
    ffe-shirt_project01c_yellow-hollowandnonhollow-shadded.jpg
    ffe-shirt_project01c_yellow-hollowandnonhollow-2xshadded.jpg
    ffeurope-tshirt-project01c_yellow-shadded_naboofighter2.jpg
    ffeurope-tshirt-project01c_yellow-shadded_xwing.jpg
    ffeurope-tshirt-project01c_yellow-shadded_xwing-tiefighter.jpg

the xwing by it self is not bad.. I tried out because some ppl asked me to replace the naboo fighter for a xwing.
    but a xwing only represents the rebelds.. that's why i tried out to put a tie also.. but the xwing and tief togheter make the image a bit heavy...
    Maybe there could be 2 versions, so that the person that prints the shirt can choose between the rebeld version of the logo (xwing only) or the empire version of the logo (replacing the xwing by a tie).

i personally like the naboo fighter, due to it's color it goes better with the letters and it isn't as overseen as the tie and xwing.. and is also a more neutral ship, as neither belonging to the rebelds, nor the empire.

22. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Good work again! :)

I like the third one the most! :)
    But the two last ones are almost equal to the third! :)

23. MARCOLAS

Apr 3, 2001
    I love the third one.

24. WhiteHorse

Apr 3, 2002
    hmmm. no more sugestions then?
    i shall then leave the logo as it is..
    I just want to know, from all the logos i did, wich logo should i present for the votes.
    help? :)

25. Kdace

Kdace RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 23, 2001
    The third one is really good. i think you should present it for votes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.