main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ FF New Zealand - Command Centre

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Adalia-Durron , Sep 2, 2012.

1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Come back you Kiwis and Talk All things SW!!

2. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    What happened?

3. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Little bit more specific please? The Force Net moved off site while it moved servers for the last 6 months its been transfered (everything from the past) here but after a few discussions it was decided that due to the lack of traffic in the Oceania region, we'd merge the Fan Forces to one forum. You can separate them, by hovering over the Oceania Title, and then move sideways and click on NZ, then you will only get all NZ Threads. But we were trying to encourage some interactions and conversation in the area down under.

4. Jeff_Fett

Jeff_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2002
    Nice. I like what you've done to the place.

5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Thank you!! Good to see you back! Its a slow process but we are hoping to bring more back!!!

6. Norrad_Roff

Feb 26, 2001
    Personally I would have gone for ,more earthy neutral tones darling....[face_clown]

7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Sadly we didn't get a choice, get what we are given.

8. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Wow, there doesn't seem to be many Kiwi's on these forums, well not any in this Oceania section anyway.

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    There used to be about five or six, and they faded out, so we talked about closing the Kiwi forums, but they re-appeared and got really nasty (insulting even) but once it was decided to leave the forums, sadly they faded away again.....never got that.

10. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Well that's odd, so now there's only four of us? I'm only assuming the four people who commented on this thread are kiwis.

11. Norrad_Roff

Feb 26, 2001
    Nasty? Insulting? I think not Adalia. We were threatened with closure before some of the Australian state forums (which had less activity than ours) were.... As we argued the boards were our main point of contact for the Kiwi FF and wasn't feasible for most of us to plan "get togethers" or other types of activities as most the regulars lived hundreds of kilometres apart. That was the main reason then mods at the time want our board shut down as I recall.

I could find anything here that I would deem insulting; http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...o-give-you-time-to-arrange-an-event.28990259/

Please don't paint all of us old regular Kiwis as being nasty or insulting..... Peace [face_peace]

12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You never saw the PMs, that's all I will say, and WA, Qld and Tassie were closed off at that time ;). But as you say, peace, Oceania is pretty much dead these days. A few die hards, but no real meet ups or events any more. :(

13. Norrad_Roff

Feb 26, 2001
    Ah-hah. Your point is well seen.... You're right, I didn't see the PM's. Never thought it actually got that bad. Oh well....[face_dunno]

I guess the uptake of Friendbook and Facepage have seen a lot of people drift away....

So old fossils like me will still be around for a while yet....

14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    My mum calls it FaceSpace! Makes my kids laugh.

There are a few of us hanging about, we are the old die hards, but seeing as the entire Oceania is all in one together....we can interact with each other now. Making Oceania a bit smaller.....in posting respects ;)

And the SAFF had a Xmas in July and are doing the Norwood Christmas Pageant...so one is still active! :D

15. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    With all the talk of Episode VII doing the rounds and a great time back in NZ catching up with SFL I thought I'd start trying to be more regular in my posting here once again.

It has been a while though.......

16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    And you're necked!! Avatar dude! Lol. Welcome back!

17. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Yeah will have to get a picture up, the board move must have messed up my pic. It was also calling me a Jedi Newbie or something, but that seems to have been updated at least!

18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You're a Jedi Grand Master now! We promote fast around here ;)

19. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Sounds good to me, I've been called worse....

20. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    LOL! You're a Sith Lord then? :p

21. Norrad_Roff

Feb 26, 2001
    Where'd everybody go? [face_dunno]

22. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    The Oceania forums are quiet, we need more New Zealand Star Wars fans!

23. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    How's it all going everyone...it's strange the NZ boards are quiet, mind you we are very humble bunch hahaha

Do we have many vintage figure collectors out there or fellow 'vintage-o-files'....well that's what I've been called in the past hahaha

24. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Finally! Another New Zealand fan! Welcome to the very few. The Vintage Collection? I have a few of the newer series, including Aayla Secura, Bossk, IG-88, Zuckuss, Dengar, Ben Quadinaros and a MagnaGuard. There's a few that I want but can't seem to find them anywhere in NZ, I really wanna get Kit Fisto, Boba Fett, 4-LOM, Admiral Ackbar and Republic Trooper. I mostly collect The Clone Wars figures anyway, which I got a whole lot of during my recent trip to Australia.

25. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    Well you know what they say...."New Zealanders are easily startled but they'll soon return, in greater numbers too"

I really like the newer figures that are on the vintage style cards because they look great along side their vintage counterparts....I've seen a lot of the figures your after in a few shops in Auckland.