main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF SW Trivial Pursuit - Ended the fourth round has! TPM! First Round is over! W00t!

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Skiara , May 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    How much do you know about Star Wars? Do you love to watch it again and again? Do you love to think about it all the time? Do you love to search for details? And do you want another reason to do so? Here it is:

FanForce Star Wars Trivial Pursuit

There are some little changes to the last game, so I ask you all to read the rules completely.

This SW Trivial Pursuit game will be played by teams who have to answer about 10 questions each week. There will be 4 weeks for each round. Each round will be under the topic of a movie, beginning with TPM and ending with RotJ. The team who answers most questions of one round correctly is the winner of this round. There will be also a winner after all six movies (rounds). The team who get the best average positioning in the end of all movies is the winner of all rounds. So it is the best to participate in all rounds, but it is also possible to do a break within the rounds (only complete rounds) or to jump in after a round is finished.

You can sign up for the first round until the 24th of May (8am). The first game will start on the 26th of May at 8am.

Important: Please, read the rules before every round, because I might add changes, if necessary.

Team Rules:

• One team consist of 3 FF members:
      The game will be played by teams of 3 FF members. Only FF members are allowed to participate. We support if the team members are from the same FF, but if you want to participate and can?t find another member of your FF or you don?t have a FF, let me know. I will help you.

• Each team must submit a team name, a team captain and if possible their FF they are from.

• Of course, multiple teams from one chapter can compete.

• A maximum of 20 teams will be taken per game.

Game Rules:

• The questions will be posted on Friday between 8am to 10am.

• You have three days to answer the questions. Your answers have to be in on latest Monday at 8am.

• If I am not able to post the question on Friday within two hours, I will post it one day later at the exact time (or within two hours time span). The time when you have sent in your answers won?t change. You can send in your answer always until Monday 8am. If I am not able to post them at the second chance, I won?t post them before the next week. But I will give you a reason why I have not been able to post them.

• It is not allowed to discuss the questions and answers in public on the boards. Teams who do so will be disqualified for this round, because this is not fair for the other teams.

• In the event of a tie I will ask a tie breaker question and here might the time count. Further (harder) rules for this case will be announced if a tie really happens.

• The game is sorted by SW movies. The first round is mostly about TPM, the second one about AotC and so on. But this does not mean that there are not any cross-over questions as well. Keep this in mind.

• If I ask direct movie questions, I am referring to the latest DVD-Versions.

Answer Rules:

• You have to send your answers to me (Skiara).

• Only the first submission will count, no matter who will send them in. If you send me corrections or more answers later, I will ignore them. Maybe it is a good idea to let this do by your team captain, but this is up to you.

• You need to put in your team name, round (movie name) and week into the subject of your PM with the answers. This is for easier handling.

• Put the source of your answer next to your answer. This is for the case that different sources say different things and I want to get this run as smoothly as possible.

• You are not allowed to use symbols as answers. Only full sentences and clear answers will be accepted, because I want to avoid misunderstandings.

• Only completely answered question will be counted. If you answer half of the question, you get no point.

• I as

2. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    So we post our team here right?

3. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    just a quick question (me being a div about board times again :p ), the questions will be posted at 8 - 10 a.m., is that board time?

4. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    To both questions the answer is 'yes'.

It would be perfect if you post your teams right here until next Wednesday and of course all times I mentioned are board times.

(Although this would be an interesting task to let you figure out what board time it is if I write German time. :p )
    Nah, it's board time of course. :)

5. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I ask you to help me to keep the handling easy by sending us the answers in the following structure:
    ?1. answer-sentence

2. answer-sentence

3. answer-sentence?
    Thanks.

hating to sound dense.. but can you show an example by what you mean with this skiara ...about the structure of the answers..

6. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    outstanding!! in that case here is the team representing Fan Force UK - Midlands:

Lord-Wiz ( el capitano)
    HunkyEvil
    rebeljediknight_88

team name : The Midlandorians v2.0

7. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    I'm a go

8. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    I'd like to be on the Tucson FF team, too! This game sounds fun.

9. Jedi_Jimbo

Oct 1, 2004
    FF-UK Londons team are

Jedi_Jimbo
    Kiz-Joa_Janal
    SithLordDarthRichie

and our name is ...

The Thames Troopers.

10. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    so that is three of us.. we have a team.

do we need a team name.. or do we just use our fan force name?

11. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Of course. :) It's nothing complicated. ;)

Example:
    Questions, which I post (and no, I wasn't really going to post these questions :p):
    1. Which word(s) stand(s) before "...Wars"?
    2. Who is Lukes father?
    3. How many parts (movies) does Star Wars have?

PM-Answers:

1. It's "Star" (Star Wars).

2. (We don't know.)

3. Star Wars has six parts.

Does this explain what I meant? :)

Great, 3 teams so far. :D Anyone else wanting to play? :)

This is up to you, but a team name and a team captain is necessary. :)

12. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    ah. Okay.. easy.. I wasn't getting what you meant before. thanks for the clarification.

okay.. our team is Hal9k1, JediObiKat, and cathiecat(myself). I'll get back to you on the rest of the info in a little while, we are in discussion about it.

13. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    Hello fellow trivial pursuiters. Can't wait til this gets started. How about a giant group hug. [:D]

14. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    You're welcome, Cathie. :)
    Please, post your team, team captain and team name in this thread. This is a bit easier for me to handle. Thanks. :)

Hi Kiz! :)
    Are you going to play as well? Have you found a team already? :)

15. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    our fan force is the Tucson 'Two Suns' Fan Force from Arizona in the Southwest Region of the USA.

our team name is

HAL AND HIS TWILEK DANCERS

we are

Hal9k1 also our team captain
    JediObiKat
    cathiecat

16. Darth_Konikus

Darth_Konikus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2005
    I sure have Skiara, I'm a Thames Trooper! Wohooo!

17. MasterJediDragonSir

MasterJediDragonSir Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    It seems that my Honey Bunny Kitty Cat has left me off the team:_| or forgot to ask me:_| but I want to play as well:D

18. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    oh sweetie.. I'm so sorry.. I did not you wanted to play.. I posted on our boards and you did not respond.. I was trying to be fair and not show favoritism. I am sure however there will be a few more people wanting to play and we can get you on a team. I love you. [face_love]

19. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Kiz and Konikus, have you found a team already? Or are you still looking for one? :)

Jake, I heard there are more people of your FF interested in this game, aren't they? It would be great. :D

20. Jedi_Jimbo

Oct 1, 2004
    Skiara ... Kiz sometimes posts under her husbands username when she forgets to switch users.

And Kiz, stop fraternising with the enemy. ;)

21. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    So Kiz and Kunikus are married? Nice. :D

And thanks for the information. I got confused. ;)

22. Raja_Io

Raja_Io Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    OK, so Teh Nerfherders from Poland are signing up :D

Raja_Io - captain
    Darth_Fizyk
    Fault_Fett

23. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    Yep, I know I'm an idiot. But it's not my fault! Matthew keeps forgetting to log off and being the muppet that I am, I forget to check. [face_batting] How long do you think it'll be til this gets off the ground then?

24. Darth_marios

Darth_marios Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 17, 2005
    What are the board GMT hours?:confused:
    Or if it serves you better, what is the German time for 8-10 am board time on Friday?
    (In case you wonder it's easy to figure the time difference between Greece and Germany:p )

25. HunkyEvil

HunkyEvil Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2006
    The boards are 8 hours behind GMT

GMT Time . . Board Time
    08:00 . . . . . . 00:00
    12:00 . . . . . . 04:00
    16:00 . . . . . . 08:00
    20:00 . . . . . . 12:00
    24:00 . . . . . . 16:00
    04:00 . . . . . . 20:00

(Thanks to Lord Wiz for that table!)