main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF-UK Midlands Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Happy Ninja, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordBlack

LordBlack Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    Hello all. Brummie here.

2. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Hey, L.B.

Welcome aboard! :)

3. jangofett9

jangofett9 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2004
    Welcome LB to our prestigious thread!
    Yes our first official meeting! Do we need to bring suitcases?! with agendas and things?!

anyway im all good for 8:00 o clock showing on sunday 19th tbh honest cant wait think it will be bloody brill! and will be the third time ive seen it at the cinema!

anyway what about plans for a meetup before hand so we can ctach up n have a chat? the mexican bar me and my friend went to on the midnight showing was nice so coudl go for a drink before hand so i say meetup about half six or sevenish? what about you guys?

4. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Sounds like a plan to me, oh and seeing as Happy Ninja's got a job, the beer is on him, or not as the case mybe.

I take it we're going cheap#ss seats and not Gold class ?

5. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Just so you all know, you're in the news! :D

http://theforce.net/fanforce/fanforce/story/FFUK_Midlands_head_for_their_first_meet__93209.asp

6. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    Yeah thats cool! And finally proves that we finally do have a chapter up and running even if there are so far only a few active members im sure it will get better soon! but hey means we can have more fun with less of a crowd!
    anyway as for plans i say meet at half six in the VUE foyer.....mark and martin know where I mean where we first met! and wud prefer to go big screen cheap ass rather than gold class more atmospheric than gold class...but anyway i feel meet there at half six go and get a quick bevvy or sumthin and then on with the show baby! what do u guys feel about this? good or bad idea?

7. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Yeah, I'm all up for a few bevvies before heading in! Actually, Martin, I haven't got the job yet, I'll find out this week. :)

Anyway, it all sounds good to me. I'll see you guys in the lobby. I'll have to bring my camera along for historical purposes...that, and the fact to get an offical chapter, you need photographic evidence of your first three meetings.

Looks like I'll have to start thinking about getting a website up and running too. :p

I'm looking forward to this...should be a good laugh. I think that a one month anniversary meeting is quite a good way to start a chapter off.

I agree with you guys as well...no Gold Class -- or in my one and only experience, Gold Ass. When I went in on the afternoon of the 19th, I was in the third row on the very far left...the suckiest seats I think I ever had. Sitting there, combined with the fact I had very little sleep with the Marathon, and not going to bed until 4am that same day, it was giving me a really bad headache!

The regular seats were badass! No chance of an 8 foot tall Wookie getting his noggin in the way with that stadium seating!

8. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    couldnt agree more Mark buddy
    so here it is then

6:30 VUE cinema starcity birmingham......a day that will live...in infamy.....

main foyer area......and anyone else gona bring their lightsaber? or not? personally would love to have a duel with sum of u guys specially Mark and Martin...find out who truly is a Jedi master!

yeah yah yeah YEAH!!! our first official meet is here! Nice one Mark for getting it all together and like I said I'm always here to help!

9. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    If I can find my saber, I'll bring it...I got a pile of junk in my room at the moment, it might be under that...I just hope I didn't throw it away when we were renovating the house!

EDIT: Just found it! You're on, my young apprentice!

10. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    oh trust me......soon u will become my apprentice my little green friend!

11. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Ninja, we have a website space ready to go, www.ff-uk.org.uk. Each chapter will have a sub-area of their own I reckon. I've got to talk to stormtrooper_fan, our webmistress, about getting the place up and running. I'm always on the look out for anyone with web skills in the fandom who might want to help out on the site.

With that in mind, more logo designs are welcome :D ;)

Also, I thought it might be nice to update the FF-UK banner at some point ;)

12. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    I'd offer my services with the website but if you've taken a look at my personal page you'll understand why I'm not going to.

6.30 it is then.

13. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    where are my manners, welcome Lord Black.

WOO HOO! looking forward to the 19th! [face_dancing]

14. Squire

Squire Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2005
    Rats. I won't be able to make next weekend, going to the Alias convention!! Have a great time, and hopefuly I'll be able to make a future meet!

15. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    Np's Squire, have a good time with your convention, your place will always be reserved on the Midlands Council.

Yes manners, sorry Lord Black welcome to our thread.

16. moogi_wan

moogi_wan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2005
    Greetings y'all. I've just signed up. Come from Leicester. Looking forward to next weekend for the one month anniversary of Ep3.

17. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    welcome aboard moogi_wan.

18. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    welcome moogi-wan to our little place in the universe....its not much but its got it where it counts kid!

Well a week to go......

Names confirmed so far....please add your name to this list if you intend on coming;

Happy Ninja
    Jangfett9
    Tay-Mar
    Lord Wiz
    Jairen
    Moogi-Wan?

anyone please feel free to copy the list and add your name to it so we know numbers etc..

19. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    "I'm always on the look out for anyone with web skills in the fandom who might want to help out on the site."

Well, I used to be a web-designer several years ago, but I've been out of the loop for a couple of years, and I'm a bit rusty. Thankfully, the course I'm doing at Uni in the Autumn delves into web development, so that will be good to kick me back into it! :)

20. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    As my good friend Jangofett9 has said, welcome moogi-one.

One topic up for discussion next week people, we need a liaison, a co-ordinator, someone to promote our little group, someone that can make the tough decisions. I know it sounds a lot like a dictatorship but hey someone has to carry the can if things screw up.

21. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    I agree with Tay need a leader as it were.....
    personally wud love to go up fo the running in this but think im too young and when Im at uni in september might not have all the time in the world......but i will still put everytihn i can into this midlands FF as I personally feel we need it having been to several conventions etc and felt something was missing...talking to people who feel as passionate as me!

22. LordBlack

Mar 8, 2005
    Thanx for the warm welcome all. I'll try and make to Star City although i carn't garantee anything as it is a mission for me to get to.

23. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Well, it would be cool if you can make it. Like posted above, we'll be meeting in the lobby around 6:30pm -- If you see a couple of guys trying to smack the crap out of each other with plastic Lightsabers, that'll be us! :p

24. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    will that be a private battle, or is it an open invitation? i am a bit rusty with the old lazer sword but i think i can give you young padawans a run for your money!LOL :p

25. LordBlack

Mar 8, 2005
    Question. How (when we get there) will we know who to look out for?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.