main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF-UK South General Layout

Discussion in 'Archive: South' started by Cobranaconda, Jan 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Copied from Otto's original post in the main board thread:

So here it is, the all-new FF-South! As you can see, it?s somewhat different to all the other FF?s, in the sense that it?s divided into 3 sectors, a South Western sector (Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Dorset, Wiltshire and Bristol), a South Eastern sector (Hampshire, West Sussex East Sussex, Surrey, Berkshire and Kent), and a Northern sector (Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and Essex). Why did I divide it up into 3 sectors? Well, because of the immense area that the FF covers basically. It?ll prove that much easier to manage divided up into three sections rather than one big lump. That way we can have 3 sub-FF?s inside one big FF, and all with their own leaders.

I?ve ultimately decided on having a FF-South as a way of giving the FF the best chance of surviving. Even if one area has little or no activity, then at least there?s a good chance that another area will have enough activity and members to keep it alive until further members can be found elsewhere.

Now that brings me nicely to my next point. In order to get as many members as possible and to give the FF as big a chance of survival as possible, I?m going to try to make this a club for people with the same mindset as myself and even Lucas himself. In other words, they'll be into Sci-Fi and films in general just like Lucas is, but of course they'd still have to have an interest in Star Wars in order to be able to join (there can't be any Trekkie geeks who hate Star Wars in it!). Do you get my drift? It'll be a mature minded club who're interested in the genre, whilst keeping away from the geek mentality of only being interested in one particular Sci-Fi.

This FF thread is to be used for posting subjects that have a direct bearing on the FF-South members (plans for meets, local activities, local news and events etc.). It ISN?T to be used as a substitute for the main FFUK board.

1) If there?s an event happening in the FF-South area, then post here.

2) If you?re from the South and want to meet up with and make arrangements with fellow FF-South members then post here.

3) If you?re new and want to join up with the FF-South club, then post here.

4) If there?s local news, then post here.

5) If you have any constructive ideas about how to run and improve the FF-South, then post here.

6) If you want to make plans about the running of the FF-South (new leaders, advertising, new activities etc.), then post here.

7) I?m also hoping to do some brainstorming for the more creative FF-South members, so if you're writing a book, making a play, designing, or doing anything else creative, then just post here and fellow members will try to help you out!

8) Anything else, then post on the main FFUK board.

[image=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b379/Otto71/FF-SouthMap2.jpg]

SOUTH WEST SECTOR

**Evil Otto = Exeter, Devon

*skyscape = Brixham, Devon

** (temp) Cobranaconda = Salisbury, Wiltshire

moosemousse = Salisbury, Wiltshire

Ripper = Exmouth, Devon

Blade = Salisbury, Wiltshire

*Mustafar_66 = Thornbury, Bristol

SOUTH EAST SECTOR

*GeneralGrievous1 = Isle of Wight, Hampshire

tomo123 = Eastleigh, Hampshire

russelguppy - Bognor Regis, West Sussex

Darth_Konikus = Kingston upon Thames, Surrey

Kiz-Joa_Janall = Kingston upon Thames, Surrey

NORTHERN SECTOR

**lukesgirlie = Bedford, Bedfordshire

jangofett9 = Bedford, Bedfordshire

luke4president = Bedford, Bedfordshire

DewbackRider88 = High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire

HONORARY MEMBERS

Darth Fizyk = Exeter, Devon

SithLordDarthRichie = London

Lord-Tice = London

Jedi_Jimbo = London

**Sector Leader
    *Chief Scout for area

This is the structure and the general meet/pic thread.

2. lukesgirlie

lukesgirlie Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2005
    Thanks Cobra :)

Are we all still happy with the three sections structure? I figure once we have a reasonable number of committed members we will be able to have regular meets within these sections, rather than trying to do whole chapter meets.

3. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Yeah, it can go on the backburner for now until we've got a few more meets under our belts, and then we can let loose with all 3 of the Sectors.

4. master_stumpy

master_stumpy Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2006
    Greetings everyone[face_worried]
    I've only recently signed up and just stumbled upon this board and saw that you did'nt have any members from the Somerset area.Well i'm from Somerset and was wondering how you join up.
    If anyone can help me could you please PM me with any information.
    Many thanks.

5. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Welcome Master_Stumpy! [:D]

You dont need to do anything to sign up, just make sure you post in the 'member's roll call' thread.

Simple as that

Have fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.