main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF website contest

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by cinemafreak, Feb 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
    I am the CR of the JawaHunters and host of a Internet Radio show, Requiem of the Outcast and we are just about to finish up with the Fan Audio Awards, and we are coming up on an a FanForce episode. Before we do that (in around 6 months or so) I want to have a Fanforce Website award show leading into the Fanforce episode. If you are interested, please post your websites here, if you are interested in participating. We'll cover such aspects as best logo, layout, usablitly, overall look, easiest to find on search engine, etc. My hope is to provide a way to advertise and promote fanforces, as well as the people who have some of the toughest jobs in the FF's, the webmasters. Let me know what you think.

2. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    I think this is a great idea! :)

I'll point out this thread to the FanForce RSAs and GSAs so that they can weigh in on this.

3. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
  4. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
  5. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
  6. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
  7. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    It might also be a good idea for this this to be posted in the CR forum as well.

8. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
  9. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    www.SFFanForce.com

It is obvious this contest can not be decided by our knowledge of the Force, but by our skills with webdesign!

But we're not ready yet... It still need more time. We haven't even begun out flash intro and adding all of our event pics into our archives. Then there's also the need for changing hosting (I hope the ads at the top are NOT counted against us! lol).

10. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
  11. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    ffnsw.net

Not a flashy looking site, but there's a LOT to see (50MB of content and nearly 200 pages).

12. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    Wow, I didn't think there'd be this much interest so soon. Well, I think we'll be broadcasting the episode in August, so we'll be recording in June or July, and interviewing the winners, and giving them a chance to promote their FF. That gives lots of time to get everyone's site up to the best of their ability. We will also have a segment about the most creative extra bits. Our FF, jawahunters.com, has a haiku section that was done by our board posters. You may not find it clever, so top it. You could win. Remember folks, this is all about fun, and promoting your FF.

13. TK-46_Duke

TK-46_Duke Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2002
  14. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    MACON CLONES

I hope you don't hold anything against those with "free" sites.

Be sure to check out Grand Admiral Jedi's Love Advice Column on our messageboard.

15. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    free sites? hahahahhaha. are you kidding. the only thing we paid for the site I maintain for my FF is the URL. The pages are on Freewebs, and the flash files, text, and pics are scattered over 3 geocities sites. I understand free.

16. Jan_Solo

Jan_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    This is an awesome idea! [face_shocked] How much time do we have until the contest begins? The site of the Puerto Rico chapter is currently under construction... [face_blush]

17. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
  18. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    This is going to be a lead out of our FanForce Episode in June-July, so this episode will be in August most likely. That gives everyone plenty of time to come up with creative things to put up, and update the site.

19. digital-skywalker

digital-skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
  20. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    Puerto Rico - wow. Snazzy, crisp graphics. I like it. Keep 'em coming.

21. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    Any new developments about the contest?

Our Chapter's site, prjo.org has finally moved out of its Beta stage, so it's ready for the contest! So far all the candidates are lookin' good. :cool:

22. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    They are all looking fantastic. The contest is still on, and I think that my cast and I will look at all participants, and judge in the upcoming months. I think that July will be the cutoff point when we begin to judge.

23. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    Excellent! I will be waiting for your announcement then. :D

24. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    Our site isn't too crazy with graphics etc. but I'll toss it in here. www.wvfanforce.com

25. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Our site's going through renovations and it might not be done by the time you hold to contest. Either way, the old site will be around and we'll enter that into the competition. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.