main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF website contest

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by cinemafreak, Feb 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
    well, there is still time.

2. Jan_Solo

Jan_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Any updates about the contest?

3. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
  4. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    Update time. Well, I can see that this caught on better than I thought. Awesome. I think that we will extend the contest by another month and have the winners announced on our show's October Episode. I know it sounds far away, but we record towards the beginning of the previous month, and July's ep features our live ConCarolinas panel, plus an interview with Joe Corroney. Our August will feature excerpts from our Special Writers episode featuring Stephen Cobb, Davey Beauchamp and Alan Dean Foster. September is open, but we are going to be going to DragonCon and will be able to talk with any CR's that are willing to be on our show. I will send a call out in a thread as we get closer to DC to all CR's. I'm sorry about postponing the date, but it also gives more CR's a chance to fix their sites, and prepare to be on the show.

5. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    Sounds good. [face_peace]

6. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Well, it isn't my fanforce, but these guys have an awesome website: Edmontooine.

*Derisa*

7. Stormtrooper_fan

Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Master star 5

Aug 23, 2003
  8. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Hoosier Alliance- Bloomington,Ind
    www.hoosieralliance.com

9. WhiteHorse

WhiteHorse Jedi Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
  10. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    Alright, sorry about the absence of updates and changes in the schedule. I will be spending this month looking at the sites and judging. The information should appear on the November 1st FanForce Episode. If you are a webmaster and would like to record some tips for making a fanforce website, email me and we'll see about getting some recording.

you can email me, Rich, at rich@requiemoftheoutcast.com

11. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    I will be spending the next day reviewing the sites that have posted here for Novembers episode. If all goes as planned, it should be available for download on November 1st. Thank you everyone for your participation, I'm just really sorry that I had to delay it for so long.

12. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    Has everything gone as planned?

13. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
  14. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    Thanks, and congrats to Orange County as well! =D=

15. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    Yes, you guys beat me to it. I've been way to busy lately.

Congrats to The Orange County and Puerto Rico FanForces. All of the websites were good, but these were definitely the best. I am sorry my usual co hosts weren't able to take part in the episode, but we all know how schedules and the real world tent to take over our time. I'd like to hear some feedback as per whether or not you'd like to see this continued next year (with a bit better planning, of course). And to the winning webmasters, please contact me, as I'd like to try to record an interview, or get you guys on the show in some way shape or form. Thanks again for the support guys.

All of the sites reminded me to update my FF site. I'll be getting on that shortly.

16. Mara

Mara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 1999
    Congrats to the winners!

Are there going to be more website contests like this one in the near future? I only learned about this one now. :p
    Despite our FF's site being a bit lacking in the fan-made stuff department (and currently with a template that's not a regular one) it's going to have the new fan creations section sometime soon (or so I hope), and I'd love to be able to enter a website contest with it. :)

17. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
  18. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    We will, but this time around it will be exponentially better. I ended up having to rush everything after postponing it far too many times for various reasons. This year will be much better organized.

19. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    I'd just like to take a moment to thank cinemafreak for giving all the chapters a chance to promote their websites. :)

20. MsWinter

MsWinter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    I'm just wondering if this is going to happen again this year? We're a relatively new forum in South Australia, and have only recently begun a website for our little gathering.....
    thanks
    :)

21. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    It sure will, but like I said, it'll run much better this year. I can't tell you when, just because we have so much lined up already, but I will most likely post it a few months before we record, to give everyone a chance to finish. I think it was a good idea because it gave me a reason to update our FF site.

22. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    It would be great to see a another contest so that we could enter this time. I'll keep checking back!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.