main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG FFSG Social Thread

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by JediJean, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I really think there's no place for the supposed third trilogy (as in 7,8,9) as the EU has already elaborated on that a lot. More likely it'd be the Episode 0 thing, but I also think that's still a long shot.

2. Maayla_Mecura

Maayla_Mecura Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2005
    One thing unpleasant about episode three was that... Jar Jar......SURVIVED!!!!! he spoilt the last part of the movie during padme's funeral...i was feeling so sad until he suddenly popped out of the screen crying!!! argh hope they could have found an excuse to kick him out of Naboo....

3. Jedi_Healer

Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    Episode 7, 8, 9? I seriously don't think that's a very good idea. ROTS as last is good, except for the fact that there would be no more SW to look forward to. But I'd rather it that way then Lucas (possibly) messing up 7, 8, 9.

Episode 0? Perhaps..perhaps not. I think I read that it might be during KOTOR's time, and that would mean a whole new set of characters, which might not click so well with OT or Prequel.

Just my 2 cents... ;)

4. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Ep7-9 suppose to cover a new threat Luke and Leia faced many decades after ROTJ and that is what is happening in the novels NJO. :p

Frankly, Lucas must really avoid doing any movie related to post ROTJ as the EU universe for that timeline is way too vast (tho' some are unpleasent like The Glove of Darth Vader story) and he may had set some of the big events like Luke's marriage to Mara Jade etc himself in the first place. If he can change the relationship of OB1 to Owen just like that in AOTC, he will not feel bad changing a lot other things he himself had set many years and even decades ago.

The problem is, anything shown in the movie is considered Cannon so it'll rewrite the whole Post-ROTJ storyline. Even the original script like that for ROTJ doesn't have this power. :(

5. Aseylius

Aseylius Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    i will be lookin forward to prelude to SW phantom menace rather than 7, 8, 9.

as that gives us more ideas bout the siths..

they r too elusive and that is such a bore.. always

juz about palpatine and vader... We need more siths !

Maul, Tyranus and Grievous didnt last long.. Sad...

6. wmgan

wmgan Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2004
    Correction: Grievous was NOT a Sith. He was "trained in the Jedi arts by Count Dooku", but he probably just meant fighting with lightsabers; I'm pretty sure that he wasn't Force-sensitive.

7. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    i dun think 7 8 9 is a good idea. It gotta end at 3 la. it ll be really bogus if the saga carries on. Thats my opinion anyways. It'll turn out like star trek or something. Yikes!! i said the words!!!!

8. Aseylius

Aseylius Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    No Offence.. yeapp i koe grievous is NOT a sith.. perhaps my sentence structure was misleading but if u read carefully..i meant that there are too little siths

and that the enemy juz seem to die tooo easily except for palpatine and vader..

9. Maayla_Mecura

May 26, 2005
    (continuation from n.t.)
    lol......let me guess..........algebra was the main reason why we did badly eh?

10. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    YES ! And mainly cause I pon the math paper.

11. aanakin

aanakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2004
    how do you 'pon the math paper'?

12. kimbilili-k-s

kimbilili-k-s Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    by not turning up?

wah xeno i knew you were pai. i just never knew you were that pai... ;)

13. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    Pontang - Can often be known as Pon. I didn't show up for the paper at all. And gave an MC. As a result my results were sub par. :p Most people in the class failed. Only 2 passed. Ya, I am that pai. I smoke, I drink and I pon. Is there anything I can't do ? :p

14. padawan_princess

padawan_princess Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    What!? Okay, this little Jedi is in need of some serious punishment...Meditate you will on your actions... (alright, alright put away your weapons! I will quit nagging) Haha, xeno, you are like the total opposite of the stick-to-the-rules Obi-Wan :p , better stay away from my sister, in case you influence her :D I don't want her to pon any paper...

15. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    xeno - Murder, maybe. And that was not a suggestion... :p

I messed up my Sec 3 and pre-prelim Sec 4 maths too. Too slack, didn't do homework, that kind of thing... haha. O:) (Let's see what happens this year.)

16. wmgan

wmgan Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2004
    Xeno - "pontang"?! I've heard someone else say that before but I didn't know it was so widespread in Singapore.

The actual Malay word is "ponteng".

Well, it could be worse... my chem teacher (Dr. Chan) used to say "pong"... (but then again, he's known for saying all sort of weird things...)

17. RisingAdela

RisingAdela Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 2001
    I've never pon an exam before. Not an actual exam. But I did not go to school once when we had a 45 minute Review and Reflection paper. >.< I overslept. Valid reason. XP.
    Wait, come to think of it, I've never pon a school event before. *guai*. But let's not go into details of my CCA attendance in the holidays.

I actually don't mind algebra. Sec 2 algebra is okay. Upper Sec algebra looks freaky. At least to me, algebra is easier than trigo ratios and the hypo. theory. Trigo ratios drive me crazy. Almost anything that has to do with numbers drive me crazy. Which means, my physics suck. I'm not really a Math and Science person. I get along with Chem and Bio okay. But physics and math? *shudders*. I excel better at Language (English not Chinese).

18. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    (but then again, he's known for saying all sort of weird things...)

And telling painfully bad jokes. :p

(Hope he doesn't wander in here.)

19. Maayla_Mecura

May 26, 2005
    This reminds me of my previous maths teacher..........
    he pronounces negative 1 as "na 1".......and he would say "classh takes out your calcudlator and doo the sums mentally"

By the way i din kno benTantilles is another Amy fan.......cheers!

20. kimbilili-k-s

kimbilili-k-s Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    we must stop gossiping about our teachers here...

though i gotta tell you about my math teacher who has an obsession with the ceiling (he never looks at the class when he's teaching - just keeps looking up)...and once when he asked "any questions?" my friend's hand was up and waving frantically, he just smiled at the fan and said "good, let's go on to the next question."

21. Jedi_Healer

Apr 23, 2005
    Adela, Lol. Upper sec algebra isnt that bad actually. Trig and stuff are actually quite alright once you get used to them.. (what am I saying?! been outta sec school for too long..) Anyway, I'm fine with Physics and Bio but I just can't do Chem.. \

I don't think I've ever pon any exam before (well not on purpose at least).

22. aanakin

aanakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2004
    I don't think you could ever pon a paper(by falling sick)because u can heal yourself rite? :p

23. Jedi_Healer

Apr 23, 2005
    Well that was in Pri 2 so my healing powers weren't "refined" yet... LOL :p

24. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Xeno creful u must be. The darkside surrounds u... a terrible path that will lead u to. and to think that anakin is giving u this advise :p

25. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    I was just at Parkway Parade this evening, and I saw the Star Wars t-shirts selling for just 6 bucks each!!! :eek:

If you haven't gotten one for yourself yet, then NOW is the time to get one!

And if you've already bought them, then NOW is the time to really stock up!

**Jean contemplates getting a few more Star Wars t-shirts... hmmm.....**

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.