main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG FFSG Social Thread

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by JediJean, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    LOL! Ya!

I wish my animation skills were that good man!

2. aanakin

aanakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2004
    Hahaha[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    sooo cute! I like the part when the cello was being played to the music. Cute!=D= applause to the person who made it...hmmm,wait was it you(crovus) who made it?

3. padawan_princess

padawan_princess Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    [face_laugh] LOL, that was so cute...very innovative too, using Lego toys instead of the usual figurines. Yeah, great animations skills too...=D=

4. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    No it was not me (can only wish), have no idea who did it. A friend sent it to me via email.
    =)

5. Maayla_Mecura

Maayla_Mecura Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2005
    FINALLY there are goin to be shock troops and a new green commander(not gree((:)) available!
    gah but on the dark(er)side God knows when they will be shipped here!! );

6. padawan_princess

Apr 28, 2005
    Umm, I don't know if this is the proper thread to make this request but I hope you won't mind. My school is having a fund-raising charity walk next Saturday, 23 July. Every class has to have a minimum of 10 people in costume to lead the parade. I was wondering if anyone knows of costume rental shops in town because I'm sort of the person in charge for this costume thing. Thanks.

7. Jedi_Healer

Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    Hmm... there are a few costume shops here...

The biggest of which would be No1 Costume Costume, at Aliwal Street. I think their no is 63339440.

There are a couple of others around the same area, Costume & Mascots etc. They're somewhere along North Bridge Road. No: 62990882.

You actually will come across a quite few others as you walk around that area.
    Ok I realize I'm not that good a source for information. haha maybe some of the others can help you out.

8. padawan_princess

Apr 28, 2005
    No, you're a big help, now that I know at least the name and place, I can go on the net for more info. :) Thank you...btw how much does it cost to rent a costume?

PS Jedi_Healer, wow, fantastic job for the cosfest thing. I hope you're feeling better now :D

9. Jedi_Healer

Apr 23, 2005
    Hehe..thanks. Wow does everyone know I was injured (albeit only slightly)? :eek: LOL Anyway, another way you can find them (and the way I did it) is looking through the Yellow Pages. Try typing costumes or something. Um, pricing depends on the item you're renting, can go up to a few hundred if the thing is big...but it's better to check with the costume..renters..people. Hope that helped. ;)

10. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    Hahaha rental, well I guess I could help in that areana, since i almost rented before I decieded to make my own.

Ok the two Healer gave you is probably your best bet. Although I must say No.1 Costume Costume is not very impressive for Star Wars costumes when I checked it out. Especially the Jedi Robes they have, too velvety. Costumes & Mascots seems slightly better when it comes to Jedi costume. Saying that if you're looking for other costumes, No. 1 range is pretty impressive. As far as I know, there's 3 near Arab St. area, the two already mentioned, the third can't remember the name or no. but if you call me I can guide you how to get there.

As to price, they're about 60 per costume. No.1 seems to be more expensive.

Another idea for you is to rent them from us(if you're looking for SW related costume). =p As long as they come back to us in good shape, I'm pretty sure we're open to lending them to you, or maybe a SMALL rental(??). The problem with that though is size, noot sure if your class people are the same size as us.

Hope that helps =)

11. padawan_princess

Apr 28, 2005
    Crovus, thanks for all the info too.

However, it does seem kinda expensive to rent those costumes, way beyond my class budget...[face_worried] Hehehe, maybe I should rent some costumes from you guys instead. Is there any place to get them at a cheaper price?

EDIT: By the way what is the best costume for charity walks? :D For Star Wars-related ones and non-Star Wars related ones.

12. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    hmmm honestly, I think anything SW is gonna be hot. Don't forget the Jedi's are about 3 layers, and the Robes are the killers. As to other costumes? If they involved anythign resemblencing a mask, then it'll be hot and humid under the mask before long. =)

13. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Just want to show you all that I finally gotten my ROTS Cap and it's the one I'm wearing these days when going out. :p

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/idrial/Star_Wars/DSCN1699.jpg]

Guess where it came from.... [face_mischief]

14. Darth_Andeddu

Darth_Andeddu Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2005
    Pardon me...but was this for sale? I only saw those weird toys at BK...

15. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    The one on the Left is the one I'm wearing lah while the other spare.

May get extra later if luck on my side. ;)

No, it's not from Singapore. Kinda bad that the other BK "next door" have also the T-Shirts for sale, other than the caps and pity I didn't bring more money last July 17th. :_|

16. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I know most of you all won't know who she is but Katie Johnson, beloved daughter of Albin Johnson who founded the 501st Legion has passed away on 9th August 2005, marking the end of her fight with Cancer. :(

Please post your personal Condolences over in the Guestbook prepared at her website.

http://www.heartofanempire.com/Katie/

Personally, I had been following her progress in her fight with Cancer ever since I first heard about it. From the website and posts, she is indeed a sweet girl.

Do keep her and her family in your prayers. [face_praying]

17. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Hey, anyone got any PC games preferbly star wars games to lend me. I NEED it urgntly. Got my new lappy and have nothing inside. Need something to do. hee

18. Jedi_Healer

Apr 23, 2005
    *cries* I wanna lappie too!!!

Ok, um... I have almost zero PC games.. Delta Force: Black Hawk Down? If you're into FPS. I think I got True Crime somewhere.. Sorry no SW. Heh...

19. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    DELTA FORCE BLACK HAWK DOWN!!!! wad are u doing with a game liddat?? heehee. Anyways, can u pass it to me one of these days. thank u!!

20. Jedi_Healer

Apr 23, 2005
    What's wrong with me and Black Hawk Down?! LOL sure can. When I find it... Lol nah I try to search... =)

21. Azmi-wan_Kenobi

Azmi-wan_Kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Sep 27, 2004
    hey any of you got extra posters?

*waves hand*
    if you do, please pass it to me.

thanks.

22. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    I have a yoda poster on stand by. but i wun be letting it go without a fee. ;)

23. Azmi-wan_Kenobi

Azmi-wan_Kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Sep 27, 2004
    yoda from ROTS? *waves hand* give it to me!

24. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    try the hand thing one more time and i'll show u wad a lightsabre can do... muahahahaha

25. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Someone once left a Yoda poster behind when we had a booth at the Tampines Regional Library... and even though Yoda is one of my most fave characters in Star Wars, and I could have taken the poster for keeps, I chose to return it to its rightful owner... I mean, hey, you can't deprive someone else of his Yoda poster without paying the right price for it... I mean, you gotta show some respect here... after all, this is not just any ordinary Jedi Knight, or any ordinary Jedi Master for that matter... it's Master Yoda!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.