main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG FFSG Social Thread

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by JediJean, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Let me put it this way since I also own Yoda Posters:

You have to buy something (which I don't really read anyway) before you can get the Yoda Poster each.

And it's also at a Town Area so thrown in the cost of your transport which can mean as far as Pasir Ris or Choa Chu Kang etc, some by Taxi.

Timing is also at noon which some people usually have problems going out of the house at. Some kiasu ones even came early in the morning.

Sooooooo.....that Yoda Poster does cost a bit rather than just plain Free.

2. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Yup master yoda is one of a kind. If u've been to my room you'll notice that my ep II yoda poster is the only wooden framed poster in my room. haha, kinda looks like an altar.

3. Maayla_Mecura

Maayla_Mecura Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2005
    i was just thinkin if yoda and mace can take on so many droids in the clone wars with just a force push den erm its weird that hundreds of those jedi(s) cant take on those battle droids in geonosis blea (:) even rookies cant be daaaaat bad

i was hopin that the clone wars microseries could be more accurate:) WOOSH too late heehee

4. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    haha, well it is a CARTOON.

5. Azmi-wan_Kenobi

Azmi-wan_Kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Sep 27, 2004
    whoopeedooo!

got myself kenobi ROTS unleashed

and vader in med chamber with articulated limbs and removable helmet!!

6. Maayla_Mecura

Maayla_Mecura Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2005
    okay im desperately trying to find shock troopers at reasonable prices! haha need help seriously! thanks anyway :)

7. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Does anybody have Luke Skywalker's ROTJ FX Lightsaber? Borders over here is selling them at US$99. I can't remember how much FX's cost at Simply Toys..

:)

8. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    ROTJ Luke is the green lightsaber with the so-called "fat" handle, right?

Well, Simply Toyz is bringing them in for the Science Centre exhibition in Nov, and Des and I already pre-ordered and pre-paid for ours... it cost us SGD$241.40... of course, I'm assuming that's because shipping is already included in the price... how much in total for the Luke ROTJ from Borders where you're at, with shipping included?

Of course, it has to be reliable shipping, 'cos as fans we'd all prefer our lightsabers to reach us in good condition... kinda goes without saying, right? LOL! :p

9. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I'm not sure if it's the 'fat' handle but I guess they're the same. Come to think of it, shipping would probably cost a bomb and there's no way to guarantee that it'll arrive as good as new.

S$240 does seem a bit steep for an FX though... weren't the other FX's cheaper?

10. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Yeah, we got the FXs at a special price back then, 'cos we were ordering as a group... just SGD$190.00 each.

But this time, we're buying it individually, and there is no special price, not even for Simply Toys members... the only privilege to members is that we get to pre-order it.

11. Jedi_Healer

Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    Hey guys!! Well I just got back from Aussieland, and here's what I found on hanging in supermarket stores...

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/SPARTAN_058/Star%20Wars/Photo_110205_004.jpg] [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/SPARTAN_058/Star%20Wars/Photo_110205_005.jpg]

Either I got a really good buy or I'm so stupid I didn't realize it sold in Singapore (which I'm pretty sure it isn't cos I didn't see it and no one talked about it as well). So yeah I think I got a good buy. 15 tattoos, AUD 5.99. XD

12. Azmi-wan_Kenobi

Azmi-wan_Kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Sep 27, 2004
    wah!! imagine lord vader got tattoo on his ass. *chuckles*

13. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Hi guyz,

Just a few things to say here...

Thanks Jedi_Healer for posting the latest update on the meeting time for Opening Day!

My modem has been down over the weekend, and I'm not sure exactly when I can get it fixed just yet... and as luck would have it, I'm also pretty busy at work at this time of year!!

This weekend was almost a miracle in itself... I was juggling the SW Exhibition opening, and at the same time, my handphone was ringing, 'cos my clients were calling me to check on things... woah!

But if you look at it from a different point of view... yeah, all the frenzy was pretty hilarious!

But coming back to the modem problem... the only time I can get online now, is during lunchtime or after office hours when I'm in the office alone... so I apologise, if I take some time to respond online... will let everyone know as soon as my modem is ready and working once again.

In the meantime, DE and GetzJedi will be helping me to post msgs here... anyone else who wants to volunteer to help as well, pls step up and let me know... it's just gonna be until I can get back online from my home PC again... thanks a million in advance!

14. Jedi_Healer

Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    No prob JJ!! *hugs* Hopefully your modem will 'recover'... XD

You need anything posted, just call or sms k?

Oh and thanks for being at the AOSW. Glad to see Padme didn't abandon us despite her hectic senator work schedule! [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.