main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FFUK Gamers Thread: Power to the Player

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clonetrooper1

clonetrooper1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2005
    Just go with it on legendary, not much difference between the two

Besides If you get stuck on campaign just give me a message and I'd be glad to help out

2. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    As long as it is on easy of course :p

3. clonetrooper1

Apr 12, 2005
    You and me on rumble pit now please

4. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Right I'll play it through on legendary. See if that's better.

5. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    I'm in the Flood controlled Covenant ship looking for Cortana, I've battled my way to a tunnel with a flamethrower but after that I'm lost, I just seem to be running around in circles with the way points on my hud giving no help at all! I'll get there though! [face_hypnotized]

6. clonetrooper1

Apr 12, 2005
    All I can suggest is follow the flood :p

Plus Once you've done the game on legendary you'll have a load of amour customizations for online multiplayer, speaking of which any of you have live?

7. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    OK, this is a tad embaressing, but I'm stuck on Tomb Raider Legend.

I'm in England and there's a boat which is being held up by a metal hook and I need to shoot the hook to get across a gap. Only problem is no matter which way I face I can't shoot that hook. I've tried standing near the boat, standing far away, jumping, standing at different angles. Nothing I do will make my bullets hit that stupid hook.

It's really starting to annoy me. Can anyone help?

8. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    Depending on your console you just use the manual/accurate aim button which will bring up a small target that you can place over the hook and then fire! :)

9. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003
    I'm on the 360 and I pull the left trigger which usuall brings up a target, but it doesn't work for some reason.

10. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003
    No, wait, I was pressing the wrong button.

This is what I get for taking such a long gap between plays of Tomb Raider.

11. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm playing FFIII and I've finally gotten the last set of jobs. Does anyone know how to quickly level up the jobs and where the best place to do this is?

12. Ramble_Boba

May 13, 2002
    I pass the question on to the next poster!

Interesting moments on Halo 3 tonight for me, thanks to a fellow not to far away hitting me in the back of the head. The moment I saw it in game I laughed and had to go back to the theater and made a short clip found here called oddball

However, while I loved taking various action pictures of my head first plunge across the narrows, I wanted the end head smash, and discovered an interesting picture opportunity:

can't get the image to work

13. clonetrooper1

Apr 12, 2005
    All i can say is that if do it on easy, how come i beat you so easily? :p

and for that image to work just download it from the site and upload it to photobucket or imageshack.

also: I are good at Halo

14. Ramble_Boba

May 13, 2002
    I am much too lazy for that, you can all just click and look yourselves. It is time the people put in the effort, I made the effort to die in such a manner!

And you just camp and hide :p

15. clonetrooper1

Apr 12, 2005
    I use stealth, I learnt to use it after some embarrassing defeats :p

16. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    Used a Game giftcard I got for Crimbo yesterday to pick up Assassin's Creed for my 360 and have to say I'm glad I did! What a brilliant game, I just got to Damascus last night and can't wait to get home tomight so I can explore every nook and cranny while carrying out my mission! This has got to be the most visually stunning game I've ever played.

17. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    So I got Mass Effect, FFXII and Pro Evo for Christmas and ME and Pro Evo are incredibly addictive.

18. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Underworld is finally announced and will be the 8th game in the Tomb Raider series! Scheduled for release sometime in 2008 although I suspect it'll be towards the end, It will resume the adventure from where Tomb Raider: Legend left off, and will be set primarily in Southern Mexico, where Lara Croft uncovers portals between her current world and the underworld. The game is said to be based around the five dangerous and nameless days at the end of the Mayan calendar, which definitely sounds very interesting.

Differences in gameplay from other games in the series to Tomb Raider: Underworld is that Lara's world will now be an "interactive world that reacts and remembers". For example, footprints will be left in the mud as Lara walks away or mud would be transferred to her knees from kneeling on the ground and will be washed away by rain. The bodies of the foes she encounters will remain where she killed them. And any destruction to the enviroment she causes will be permanent.

As of now, Tomb Raider: Underworld will be available on the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.

This game already looks as though its going to be huge and I am so excited, thrilled and pumped that Lara is going to be back again![face_dancing]

19. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003

No Wii version as yet :(

I'm currently playing the anniversary edition on the Wii and it's better than the version on the PS1 although the combat set up sucks

20. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    couple of PS3 things :-

Warhawk

Not convinced by Omega Dawn - the level doesn't seem as crafted as the others, and I find myself not playing it. I'm also not a fan of the drop ship - it makes the CTF levels daft in that you can now fly the flag away for an easy victory. It works well in zones or teamDM however. To be honest I find myself playing on servers with Omega Dawn........

Gran Turismo 5 : Prologue

Initial impressions are amazing. Game plays extremely well, and looks better than anything I've seen previously (including 360 titles, although I haven't played them in depth). The prologue version is limited to 5 tracks (F and R), and only 37 cars, but it is a nice taste of the final product. The traditional Gran Turismo issues remain - ie lack of visual damage to cars and the ability to underbrake and bump off the cars in the bends to get past them. I don't know if these will be altered in the final version. Looks and plays great so far.

edit

oh, and I recently bought Bladerunner on BluRay, and its convinced me of the value of HD and uncompressed surround sound. The Vangelis score sounds amazing :D

21. clonetrooper1

Apr 12, 2005
    Dose anybody here who owns a PS3 have time crisis 4? (If it's out?)

22. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    It's out in the US - not available here until March - IGN rates it highly http://uk.ps3.ign.com/objects/896/896236.html

23. clonetrooper1

Apr 12, 2005
    Ah good, that gives me some time to get some money together

24. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003
    I got Assassin's Creed. Great fun, especially when you get the hang of the controls.

25. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    I agree Twinky, it's a brilliant game. Currently just about to carry out my fourth assassination!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.