main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FFUK Gamers Thread: Power to the Player

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    I'm not enjoying it either. I don't get enough PS time to do it in one sitting, but after three sessions I'm on the second last level, so I figure it isn't that long. I don't struggle to kill any of the bosses, but I do spend a lot of time killing myself by falling (sometimes jumping) off scenery into the death below. Often my character appears to float (not force induced) over the landscape, making it hard to judge the edge of where you can safely walk.

It's nothing more than run, jump, slash, force push, and the levels are repetetive and a complete lack of interesting characters and bosses to fight. All of the Jedi have been too easy to defeat, and none of the levels require any exploration, other than to find the (not well hidden) holocrons.

I'm enjoying developing my skills as I progress, and powering up my character, but thats about it really.

I believe there are two endings, and I'm assuming I either join Vader, or fight Vader given the tone of the game as it's gone on. I don't care about any of the characters as the cut scenes are too short with little character development - Jimmy Smitz is underused :(

Lastly, the camera angle is annoying, and I often find myself stuck against a wall or something unable to see what's going on around me.

I would have prefered a element of exploration and decision making rather than what is essentially a 2D platformer on steroids.

thumbs middling towards going down

2. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Richie, you need to get with the times a bit as expansion packs are common place for the 360 and PS3 these days.... and smashing things isn't fun when that's all you end up doing for 3 hours!! :p

This game could have been so much more but they've gone down the same-old, same-old road and it's another wasted opportunity.

3. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    If you still need a new PC, how's this one? Core 2 Quad Q6700 Advanced Premium PC, 750GB HDD, 4 GB Ram and XFX 9800GT Over Clocked Graphics, Vista Home Premium.

Well under budget, and it looks like a good machine.

4. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    loads of power for very little money.......

5. Moylesy

Moylesy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2001
    Sorry this product is currently out of stock.

6. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm also currently looking to get a new PC, and that fits within my budget.

I have also seen a couple of decent spec PCs made by ADVENT, but I've never heard of them. Anyone know much about their reputation/reliability?

7. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    I think PCWorld sells them, so they are probably OK, but not utterly amazing.
    I was browsing their website the other day, and saw they are selling PCs for over 3grand. Crazy specs like 8GB of RAM, and dual two 1GB graphics cards. Do any games actually need that sort of specs?

8. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    This site looked quite good for PCs

www.palicomp.co.uk

9. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Just got a new PC tower today, but have a question I hope someone here can answer:

The attached Geforce Graphics Card has a port on the back with an outlet for a cable, but it's not for a cable that I have

[image=http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c380/vader123/P1140002.jpg]

Do I need to put a cable in either of those ports or leave them like that?

I only ask because when I got a new graphics card a couple of years back for my old PC it had an outlet with the same blue screw in end that I had on the PC already

[image=http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c380/vader123/P1140006.jpg]

The PC would not work correctly until I moved the blue end cable into the new blue end outlet.

10. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Those are DVI ports. You can get a DVI-HDMI adaptor if you have a HDMI TV, or for a couple of quid, you can get a DVI-VGA adaptor and use your existing VGA monitor

11. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    So basically I buy a different Outlet port-monitor cable then the one I have now?

12. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    don't even need a new cable

[image=http://www.tvcables.co.uk/images/items/vga-to-dvi.jpg]

13. Moylesy

Moylesy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2001
    Buying a DVI-VGA cable would be better than buying an adaptor especially when using a graphics card. All that extra weight is not healthy for a sensitive component like that.

Of course the better option is to replace the CRT monitor with a LCD one.

14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Have managed to get new system up & running (sort of).

Perhaps it was not advisable to get 64 bit version of Vista, nothing seems to run on it.

Seems my printer and scanner discs with driver info on them will not run.

But at least Office and the internet work.

15. hairybutt

hairybutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2002
    If a program doesn't run, right click on the .exe file and select properties, and then "compatibility" - try a different compatibility mode.

I have 64-bit Vista and haven't found any programs which don't run yet :)

16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Well, so far I've run a program to determine whether the memory works - Which stated that it is fine

Then I ran a program to determine whether the Hard Drive is damaged at all - Which stated that is fine.

I am running out of ideas as to why Vista would refuse to run. The manufacturers obviously managed to get Vista and Office 2007 to load up, so something must've gone wrong since then.

Could a problem with the graphics card cause that sort of difficulty?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.