main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FFUK Gamers Thread: Power to the Player

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    The new PSP will have a Vader design available as well as white and black. I was hoping for a pink one but that's only available in Japan.

2. clonetrooper1

clonetrooper1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2005
    My PSP's sound broke a few weeks ago. Now I have to pay £65 to get it repaired

3. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    The worst thing about my PSP is the missing pixels :(

4. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    clone - meh! :(

Moose - unfortunately that new SW psp is US only, there was a confirmation of that by someone from one of the recent game shows :(
    I would have got that - http://www.starwars.com/gaming/videogames/news/news20070712.html

5. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Just hack your PSP and you can get pretty much any game you want (within reason).

6. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Dag nabbit! We really get messed about when it comes to video games! :mad:

7. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    I am hoping they may change their minds though. That release is linked to the PSP-only SW Battlefront game, hopefully they realise that there is a market for UK gamers who would buy a SW decorated PSP.

8. GeneralGrievous1

GeneralGrievous1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2005
    Despite being a Playstation fan I don't own a PSP...handhelds have never really appealed to me except Game Boy Colour about 10 years ago.

9. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    I love my PSP! LocoRoco Rocks!!! :D

10. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    See, even though we own a PS2(which I use mainly for playing FF and Kingdom Hearts) my house is a Nintendo house. We've had all the NIntendo consoles over the years.

When it comes to gaming loyalty I'm Nintendo first, Xbox second.

And currently my DS is broken. Top screen totally messed up, grey pixels everywhere. It fell off a bed. Really bummed as I've had it for ages, it was a Christmas present and I'd personalized it with a sticker of The Doctor on the back.

Luckily my brother lets me use his when I want to play Pokémon.

But you think I should get it repaired, or get a new one pre-owned?

11. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Not got a thing against any other system tbh (I have a GBA) but never really got into Nintendos so much. The XBox does look cool, but doubt I'll ever own one. I think I stuck with Sony because I used to stick to just SW games, since I always had limited play time (as well as money). Got my PS2 and used it as a DVD player too. But with the PSP I have bought away from my usual stuff, got lots of PSP games, and love the multiplayer online ones. PSP really did get me into gaming. I use it to listen to music when I am travelling, and do watch films on it when I am away from home. I even downloaded that new online series, Sanctuary, to watch on my PSP. It's a neat little tech tool, and I love it. I used to have an Atari Lynx, that's the best comparison I can make - it's a great little game system, very powerful, and still amazing to see what it really can do.

Some vids on the new "Go! Messenger" and "Go! Explore" features -

http://kotaku.com/gaming/clip/gomessenger-with-fancy-pants-computer-graphics-292548.php?autoplay=true

http://kotaku.com/gaming/clips/david-reeves-shows-off-goexplore-for-the-psp-292544.php?autoplay=true

12. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    I always used to be a Playstation person with the PS1 and PS2 between the years 1996-2002 however even though I now have a PS3 (My Network name is SuperDan89 the same as Xbox Live) I prefer the Xbox 2002-present, I love my 360 and Xbox Live also I love Western games such as Halo. Nintendo was always my favourite for hand held games with the GB pocket/colour/advanced but i then went onto the PSP which I use for going on trips which is good when watching UMD's and playing online multiplayer. Nintendo has always been third for me especially my main consoles e.g.the Gamecube and Wii, however to be fair Nintendo is more about fun then actual serious gaming and power :)

13. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    That's why I'd get a PS2, for the FF games.

See if you can get it fixed. If it's too expensive to fix or you can't get it fixed then buy a new one.

Oh, and do you want to swap Pokemon friend codes?

14. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    FF is heading PSP way - http://na.square-enix.com/fftactics/

I think that is FF1 revamped, not 100% sure, since still working out if FF is my kind of game.

15. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    FFI and FFII have be redone for the PSP. That FF:Tactics is a different game.

16. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    Tactics is a grid based game I believe, in the style of the wonderful Vandal Hearts.

Now the rant.

You cannot be a playstation person or any other console person. You are human, not consoles :p

Seriously, this console bias gets right up my nose at times, more so when they are leading up to a new release because there is people stating how such and such will be the best ever. A console is nothing, the thing that makes a console is the games. Whoever said they have the PS2 for the FF games is sensible. Games they want to play on that console, a bias towards some good games is fine, but to an object that just spins the disc and puts it on the screen isn't. This is why the PSP isn't very good, as it has a very poor selection of games, mostly PS2 ports. Mobile gaming is different.

17. 694377

694377 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 24, 2006
    QFT, i love it, including the compilation.

I'm also looking forward to Dissidia - Final Fantasy for the PSP, wow, it looks like a classic...=P~ Of course, Sephiroth will be the most over-used character by far;)

18. GeneralGrievous1

GeneralGrievous1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2005
    That wouldn't be referring to me by any chance would it? :p lol

19. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    I did that. God what a mistake that was...

20. JediWolst23

JediWolst23 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    I sold PSP ages ago, as it was garbage the lack of games awful

Anyways the DS is still going strong with me and in the market lol

21. Ramble_Boba

May 13, 2002
    Not at all, we know you always kept a restraint on your views, it wasn't until 2001 that you was declaring it the best console in the world ever, by now you are worshiping the PS3 :p

And Mustafar, I meant it because they like the series as an example. I won't start my traditional rant about FF8, I could be hear for days.

I might be a little over critical sometimes I think....

22. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I quite like FFVIII.

23. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    VIII is in my top 5 favourite games of all time. Not necessarily down to the quality but more for the fact it was my first FF game (and indeed my first RPG). Still not as good as IX, which is my favourite game of all time.

24. Ramble_Boba

May 13, 2002
    I shall save you both from my massive rant, but that was the game that has been the biggest disappointment to me in my gaming life. So much excitement, so little payback.

25. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    It's odd as for me that was FFX (and to an extent VII as I got that last). X was limp as a boned fish. Never have I hated such a great proportion of the main cast of anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.