main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FFUK:N Star Wars Marathon 2005

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by Lord_Ogli, Oct 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spike_thmid

spike_thmid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    cheers :D really looking forward to it

can you pm me the details Ogli - your address etc

I'll be coming by car from Middlesbrough, so if anyone needs a lift just pm me (though you will have to put up with my music :cool:)

2. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    ....he's getting a bit excited right now....even though he doesnt show it...[face_dancing]

[image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/edgejedi88/PICT0018.jpg]

3. jedi_master_booth

jedi_master_booth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    sorry i missed out guys it would have been such a good meet up for the north easten thread and the gang all together -

let me know how its go's please someone

4. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    They kinda have to post about it (pics as well) for it to be classed as a proper meet.

I gotta say I'm gutted I couldn't make it. I was intended to come but as I knew just how busy I've been lately I didn't want to commit and let you all down.

For the last week until Wednesday I was in a position to come and I was going to PM you to see if you still had room but work have dropped more er....... work on me :mad:

However. this shouldn't eat into my posting time as I'll not have to bring this home. It does however mean I'm in work tomorrow :_|

Enjoy the marathon I'll try and have my own private screening too.

Oh and Scout don't snuggle up too close to any of those strange men on the sofa. You don't know where they've been :p

5. Jedi_Nath

Jedi_Nath Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 30, 2005
    Lol MFB!

6. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    no worries MFB! Principal photographer is here! Lord O had created this thread for that very porpoise [face_dancing]

its a meet!!! [:D]

7. Jedi_Nath

Mar 30, 2005
    Wahey! Doesnt that mean The FFUK:N is official?!

8. Black_Scout

Black_Scout Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2003
    Don't worry MFB I'll be careful.

If you lot are lucky I might manage to find myself some chocolate and bring it along

9. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    I got the popcorn! (well - two bags of it!) and me veggie chciken for the fajitas Lord O! Also some vege hot dogs! [face_dancing]

BRB - Yoda need his nappy changing....he is so excited....[face_blush]

10. Jedi_Nath

Mar 30, 2005
  11. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    Well I'm bringing a big treat for you guys (and a girl) I'm bringing some Mars Bar Cake it's Mars Bars melted down then mixed with frosties and then flattened out with Cadburys chocolate on top :D:D:D

12. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    is there an emoticon for 'smashingl scrumptious OWC!!' [face_dancing]

13. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Ok, sent a message to everyone coming with final details.

This the final list? i got:

Myself
    Black Scout
    EdgeJedi
    ObiWanCon
    Spike_Thmid
    Lady_Brosa

If i missed anyone then let me know.

Edit Sunbeam is coming too. (thats me other sis)

14. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Well, maybe it was a good idea I wasn't able to travel up to chav-infested Richmond (you have a castle, lock em in the dungeons there! :p ), I just attempted a SW marathon on my own and I lasted all of TPM. And now I have given up for the night lol.

Lightweight :(

Then again after watching the Holiday Special, those rose-tinted glasses I wear never worked quite right since.

Hope you all have fun anyways :)

15. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    Ya can't get in the Dungions in the castle, They locked Conciencious objectors (sp?) in there in WW2, so its now sealed to preserve it and all the graffiti and stuff they put in there.

16. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    k, dig a pit, drop them in and fill it with dung, will go well with their taste in clothes ;)

17. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004

WOW seven well all I can say is

Begun, the Sofa War has

18. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    =D= [face_laugh]

19. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    as its not the 12th november, youll al be well into the marathon. I hope your having a grand time as I can imagine it would be. University has been bvusy recently so I havnt had muchof a chance to visit the nortern meets but I promise to make an effort in the near future

20. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Hope you thoroughly enjoy yourselves tonight guys and gal.

I'm now sat at home after putting in an 8hour shift (and still not getting half of what I needed to do done:rolleyes: [face_frustrated] )

I look forwards to reading the reviews tomorrow.

21. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    ...just got back....shattered....but what an awesome event! A HUGE thanks goes out to Chris and Sarah for hosting the event - you were wonderful host and hostesses!

I really need to get some sleep now, but will post some pics up asap of the meet.

I would call ita resounding success! [face_dancing]

22. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    YAY! :D
    Cool stuff, sad I missed it :(

23. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    U're home already :eek: I've only just finished clearing up and puttin all my stuff back.

It was a great night, a few blank spots in ESB and RotJ, i'll have pics as soon as i finish this film and get em scaned.

For now, a brief synopsis: (off the top of my head mind, never did get around to notes)

FFUK:N's 3rd meet - The Star Wars Marathon 2005.

In attendance:

Lord Ogli (Host, NE chairman, Gourmet chef)
    EdgeJedi (Archive master, barer of R2D2 and The Yoda)
    Black_Scout (FFUK:N pinup and general Goddess)
    Spike (Bringer of Beer)
    ObiWanCon (Bringer of Mars bar cake)
    Lady_Brosa_Ogor (Kitchen Helper)

First to arrive was Jace about 5:45 followed closely by Greg, then Suzy. Last to arrive was Spike at about 6:30pm.

Dinner was served at 7:15pm, Turned out perfect even if i do say so myself, After tea we all played with Jace's R2D2 toy (i gotta get me one of them) U talk to it and it responds. My Dog loved it, spent half an hour chacin it round the room.

Films started about 8ish with much ribbing of Jar Jar, the revalation that Amidala's decoy was Kira Knightlyand many more ammusing tales i wish i rote down. (hope some of you have a better memory than me.)

We had a brief break then, once the loo was visited, drinks refilled we embarked on the hit and miss affair that is Attack of the Clones. Jace it appears fast forwards half of the film and i don't blame him, but we managed to survive it in full.

Another break and another film, must have been close to midnight at this point, We got a nice group photo which i'm sure Jace will put on later and had many so began RotS, with many a debate over old palps and what the old coger was really up to. After much fighting with the remote we managed to see the Yoda dancing scene. Which was nice.

Gettin late now, Yawns abound as we launched into A new hope, but we stuck with it, Decided that some of the changes were just plain rubbish, IMHO the best version of this is the Special edition video.

Next the Empire strkes back, i must admit i fell asleep for a bit in this one, A special thankyou to Suzy for letting me use her as a pillow and not pushin me off the sofa. Missed the new scene of the emperor but i don't mind as i hate it.

And now it is about 10amish methinks, RotJ time, Sarah tells me that there was a point here where she was the only one awake, by the way Jace and Greg, one of you was snoring but she not sure which. Anyway, we were all back to it by the end and rejoyced in our achievement.

So, nearly 12pm, wide awake again, what to do, A brief peek at the Ewok adventures but Jace seemed ready to cause a mass murder as it appears he hates Ewoks more than Jar Jar so we watched a bit of Geordie Star Wars instead, many laughs in that one, funny as hell.

Then it was time for ppl to go, I got the place straight which didn't take much time, thank you all for being such great (and clean) guests, I'd have any of u over again. Longer was the task of cleaning ma room and putting TV/DVD/Freeview back again and setting it all up, but i'm there now, Job done, meet managed and FFUK:N = OFFICIAL :D =D= [face_dancing] :-B

24. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Need photos before you can be official... :p

25. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    Need Jace to get his lazy ass out of bed before we have photos :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.