main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FFUK reorganisation

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Darth_Asabrush, Sep 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Asabrush

Darth_Asabrush Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 21, 2000
    Over at the main board we are discussing the reorganisation of this place to better suite our needs and to be more in line with the rest of Fan Force.

Part of the change would see a reduction of the regional boards here in FFUK with a structure along the lines of this:

FFUK Main

London Chapter
    Manchester Chapter
    Birmingham Chapter

FFUK - Scotland

Glasgow Chapter

FFUK Wales

FFUK Northern Ireland & The Republic

Each chapter would only come in to existence once they qualified as persuent to the rules of FF (eg: correct number of members (3) and correct number of meet ups (3).

This would mean that the regional English boards merge with the main FFUK board. This has several advantages mainly bringing the regional elements together online.

We would in effect be starting again with only the main boards in existence until "offical" chapter status has been granted to FF groups here in the UK.

Chapter status is not limited to cities but to "communities" so people could choose a local city that was easy to reach but not necessarily be from said city/community. For example you could, in theory have a "South Hampshire Chapter" consisting of members from Southampton, Winchester, Portsmouth etc...

Once a group has become an "official chapter" it then elects a "Chapter Representative" to be the point man (or woman) for meet ups, gatherings and communicating to the RSA (me).

Please add your opinions to the discussion before decisions are made that will effect you without you having a say!

Stu

2. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    You could have North Wales, East Wales, South Wales and West Wales. Or just North and South Wales. :D

3. Terra

Terra Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    I don't think, considering our already low numbers, splitting Wales is wise.

4. Darth_Asabrush

May 21, 2000
    Wales will not be split. The main change at present will affect the regional English boards. I am merely keeping all informed and giving you a chance to voice your opinions.

5. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    What about just North and South :( ?

6. Darth_Asabrush

May 21, 2000
    We cannot justify it yet. If membership grows the Welsh will get more "Official" chapters. These will be based around cities or communities.

So in theory the Welsh boards could end up having a Walse discussion board with maybe a Cardiff chapter etc.... if they qualify.

Basically to qualify for your own chapter you need to have a minimum of three members and organise three meets once you have done this you can ask to become "official". Once you become an "official" FF group you get your own Chapter Rep (blue letters), board ann banner etc.... Although you're still stuck with me as RSA :D Until then you just get the Wales and FFUK Main boards.

7. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    I know at least 3 people in my area that would be willing :). What do u mean organise 3 meets?
    Until then you just get the Wales and FFUK Main boards.

Which won't be for long he he he he! Achem! Bad chough there. [face_devil]

8. Darth_Asabrush

May 21, 2000
    You need to have "official meet ups".

The three of you get together, go bowling, the cinema etc.... take some pics and inform me of LadyVader81. Once you've done this three times then bingo you're almost there.

You then qualify for "official" chapter status etc... and hopefully actract more members in your area.

I'll post a more detailed repsonse some time over the weekend!

EDIT: Updated:

FanForce Chapter Formation Information (How it is suppose to work)

FanForce chapters are the real life extensions of the online Star Wars community. Chapters are formed when groups of individuals want to gather regularly to share friendship and there love of the Star Wars universe. FanForce Chapter status is not something to be given to people who only meet and talk online.

"Perks" about becoming an Official FanForce Chapter

- Custom Forum's board colors and banners.
    - Custom Chapter Icon
    - You can provide links to your group's website on both the regional listing and at the top of each page (replaces the "TFN FanForce" link currently at the top)
    - Extended edit time for your forums. You can change it from the default 90-minute edit time to three hours, 24 hours, or even unlimited time.
    - Automatic pruning of the topics in your forum is disabled.
    - Titles
    - And your own chapter forum

How to become recognized as a FanForce Chapter

1) Find 2 (or more) online FanForce members within your city/town/or resident community. (Generally within a reasonable driving area.)
    2) Between the members of the group, discuss and settle on an activity that can be done in the real world that will better allow you to get to know your new online friends. It is suggested that activities and events not be limited to hinder other members from joining (meaning age limitations or sex limitations), remember FanForce is family friendly. Suggested possible events can be: Theater Movie Night, Games Day in a park, a group trip to a convention, etc.
    3) Notify your Regional Support Administrator (RSA) of the details of the activity that you have planned. The RSA will post the event in the FanForce news and the event will be recognized as an official event.
    4) Repeat steps 1-3 a total of two more times and you will be granted ?Official FanForce Chapter? status.

City Reps (Chapter Reps) and their duties

- You cannot be a CR before your chapter has ?Official Chapter? status
    - You can not be a CR without an Official Chapter
    - City Reps are the ?go to? people for the FanForce Chapters here on FanForce.
    - CR?s must have the ability to communicate with their members in the real world, not just online. In other words a CR cannot do his/her job to the best of his/her ability if he/she is hours away from the group.
    - CR?s must also be available to the group, again in real life, 12 months out of the year (vacations and accidents don?t count). If a CR is a member of a chapter but schools elsewhere for the winter/summer months, outside of a reasonable distance, it will be regarded as unacceptable and the title will have to be passed.
    - CR?s are the communication links between FanForce Official Chapters and the RSA.
    - A CR?s responsibility is to keep the RSA informed of any important issues that the Official Chapter may be happening, generate more activity within the Official Chapter itself, and to offer assistance to new members that have questions that join there group.
    - City Reps must also be 18 years of age or older (a safety precaution implemented by the FanForce Staff)
    - CR?s must hold the rules and ethics of FanForce in a higher regard than the average member; you cannot be a leader if you can?t follow the rules yourself.

How to elect a City Rep

1) After you have had your first 3 official meetings and you have been granted your ?Official Chapter? status, it is time for the members to elect a City Rep.
    2) The choice of CR is given to the chapter members to choose. If more than one candidate is up for the position then a vote will be needed. It is suggested the members send in their nomina

9. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
  10. Darth_Asabrush

May 21, 2000
    Hope that all makes sense.....?

11. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Makes sense to me.

12. Darth_Asabrush

May 21, 2000
    Good. So when are you guys going to get something sorted?

13. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    [image=http://www.ofah.uktraders.com/characters/delb.jpg] SORTED!!!

Lovely jubley!

14. Darth_Asabrush

May 21, 2000
  15. LadyVader81

LadyVader81 Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 2, 2001
    lol if anyone needs any help just PM me and I'll be happy yo help :)

16. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    even for personal problems? ;)

17. LadyVader81

LadyVader81 Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 2, 2001
    Peronsal problems, I suggest you go to a councelor......see I'm helpful ;)

18. Dead_AsaDoorNail

Dead_AsaDoorNail Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2002
    OK. So when are you Welsh having an official meet??????

19. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    We're lazy :p

Besides, my free time nowadays is severely limited. I can't attend much, let alone arrange it.

20. LadyVampire81

LadyVampire81 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2002
    You should try my days they are 14 hours long and thats before homework or sleep ;) :p

Seriously if there are a few people who want to arrange a meet ok I do not know the area but I'd be happy to help out until you guys can sort out something more permanent for arrangement details :)

EDIT: I forgot I was logged in as this, for anyone thats wondering who I am I'm LadyVader81 ...I'm quite tired and forgot to log in as me before posting d'oh! [face_blush]

21. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    There are collector's fair at the Angel Hotel in Cardiff occasionally on Sundays...Forbidden PLanet has special guats from time to time...otehr than that I don't see many chances for SW-related meetups.

22. LadyVampire81

LadyVampire81 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2002
    They do not always have to be star wars related, they can be anything.

Some of the things that have been organised before are meals, going to the movies, going out for drinks (coffee shops and pubs) or even just get togethers at someone's house. :)

23. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Unfortunatly we don't have a sense of community that would make that appealing to many people here.

24. xXBobaFettXx

xXBobaFettXx Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2002
    Now a good chance for a meet would be at the Star Wars day being held in Honiton in Devon on the 2nd of March 2003 . Plenty of advance warning and a chance to book the weekend off work and save some credits. In fact if there are many members in North Wales willing to travel down there we could go down there like a bunch of Gundarks and consume Honiton only to return with a hold full of Bounties . Anybody interested then have a look here On this site , it`s all for charity "mate" , let me know what you think . (Finally got the hang of the link thingy after a gazillion edits) :D

25. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Devon had bad memories for me.

We should go to the STAR TREK convention in London :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.