main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena FIA Formula 1 Racing

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    I agreed with the penalty. Vettel may not have meant to impede Hamilton but the fact is his car went off and returned at slow speed onto the racing line causing another car to avoid a collision. Even if unintended, that should have a penalty if none was evident in the incident, imo.

2. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Such incidents are what a race and a hard fight needs and that is why people watch the show.. Vettel was clearly busy avoiding a crash. Further he did not cut off the track to gain any advantage. If this penalty is ok, then you might see tons of penalties after the start of any race.
    For anyone who has participated in motorsport races this penalty is a scandal.
    Motorsports is a tough sport. If people want to see whiny people falling down and crying "foul" all the time they should go and watch Neymar for some minutes.

The whole thing shows how rotten the Formula 1 has become. Overdressed businessmen, whiny five-time world champions, no grid girls, no refueling, just one tire manufacturer, rules that only two or three rich teams allow to win races, DRS but overtaking still does not exist, only twenty riders and 10 teams left ... Where are the good old days where penalties had to be earned....

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    INDYCAR could always use more fans, @Darth Smurf. I watch them both (and NASCAR), but it's probably closer to what F1 used to be, sans the ovals.

4. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    I watched it for years when I was at university (especially mid 90ies until approx 2008) and I loved it.
    I was so obsessed that I even spent days in front of my PC playing full length Indy2 races the day after the real race was shown on TV.
    It's by far more action (incl. the ovals) than in F1. (Unfortunately sometimes a bit too much as my all time favorite Greg Moore died in an insane crash - not to mention the shocking footage of the Jeff Krosnoff incident three years earlier in Toronto)
    Unfortunately the last ten years I had hardly no time to follow the series.
    Still I hope to see a Laguna Seca F1 Grand Prix one day. For me it's the most interesting racing track in the world.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    heels1785 likes this.
  5. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    I would agree with most of that. But look at it like this, Vettel would have hit a wall or bogged down into a gravel trap if he had gone off like that during the 80s-early 90s. He didn't gain an advantage through his error but in my opinion an error should result in some disadvantage.

6. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    When push comes to shove, he made a mistake, he has to to live with it. He‘s simply made too many the past few years.

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  7. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    Is it only me but everytime they mention Antonio Giovinazzi I understand "Chauvi-Nazi"

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  8. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
  9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    haha

f1 2019 looks to be phenomenal. if i could figure out how to get through a chicane with a ps4 controller, i'd enjoy these games more

10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    MAX

what a ****ing incredible race

lol @ merc

Darth Smurf and jcgoble3 like this.
  11. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Yeah such a difference from France. Great race by both Max and Charles and a hard battle for the win which is exactly what we want. Beautiful scenery. I loved that on track camera that the cars drove over with the trees and mountains in the background. Well done to Norris also, it is good to see McLaren improving. It was just crazy to see how much off throttle coasting Mercedes were having to do.

heels1785 likes this.
  12. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    I've just read about how the 'Driver of the day' public voting system messed up for the Austrian gp and last place Kubica got the most votes. [face_laugh]

jcgoble3 likes this.
  13. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    The real votes got diluted between too many different drivers that arguably deserved it and the troll votes won out. That is the hazard of a first-past-the-post voting system.

14. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    No, the voting system was definitely faulty. People trying to vote for Verstappen or Sainz were getting confirmation that their vote for Kubica had been registered. It is being investigated to find out whether the fault was caused by accident or not.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  15. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Wow, I hadn't heard that. I wonder who rigged the election?

16. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    heels1785 likes this.
  17. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I Iiterally hate attempting to watch that French track.

All those blue lines, 131 different race layouts, I can't even track where the cars are meant to go.

After Austria, someone commented on a Youtube video:

Penalty controversy: Mercedes fan *sipping tea* nothing to do with us!

I had to LOL, as apart from the tea, it described me perfectly. :cool:

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Rich Energy has cancelled the Haas contract.

Although this podcaster who revealed this, thinks that it is because Haas has been doing badly, I bet it is because the High Court has ordered Rich Energy to reveal the full details of it's finances, drinks' sales, and the full ins and outs of the Haas F1 deal.

19. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    I have my popcorn. RICH Energy and William Storey are a joke.

20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I have a theory that Grosjean's utter deterioration this year, is because the whole reason for him joining Haas, as a stepping stone to Ferarri, essentially went up in smoke the moment that Le Clerc was inserted into the red team, instead of him.

To anyone outside of Romain's head, he had no chance of going there with all his incessant moaning - no matter his skill or lack of it, he wouldn't last two seconds at a team that historically fires drivers if they dare criticise the car.

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    the strangest/best race i've seen in a long time, this. vettel from p20 to podium. mercs nowhere to be found. also

[​IMG]

jcgoble3 likes this.
  22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I am so, so pleased for the top four drivers of the 2019 German GP - Max, Seb, Daniil, and Stroll.

I am pleased for Verstappen to have won it, but in the last four laps, for "redemptive" reasons, I would have been more pleased for Vettel to get the win at what could be his last chance at his home grand prix.

Ah man, the feeling of seeing those three, so connected by history: Ferrari driver Vettel running back to the Red Bull pit wall to complain about Kvyat hitting his car, and the next race, Daniil (Red Bull's most successful driver to that point in the season, including their first podium) dropped to Toro Rosso so Max could take his seat.

Ironically, at a time when Dr Helmut Marko's capriciousness has depleted the Red Bull junior programme, all three podium finishers are his "kids".

Wild mass guessing, the words "Martin's grid walk" must be a hypnotic trigger that knocks me out, as I awoke on lap 31 to see Lewis seeming knock his front left suspension into a wall, yet recover from it, and I was on the edge for the rest of that great race.

All 20 drivers, heroes all. =D=

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  23. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    And 5 of the top 6.

A shame that the Alfas lost their points but nice for Kubica to get his first point since 2010.

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  24. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Robert Kubica scored a point???!!!

That is what the Missed Apex podcast is saying! I know he finished 12th, ahead of his team-mate because George Russell made a mistake...so, what the drokk happened?

There was something on Ted's Notebook - love those things - about Sauber being pulled up by the FIA for giving their drivers information over the radio. I honestly don't understand what the problem was; all team engineers give their drivers advice over radio, don't they?

25. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    The Alfa Romeos were hit with a 30-second penalty after the race for a clutch torque violation on the standing start.