main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena FIA Formula 1 Racing

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Oh. Okay. Cheers.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  2. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Honda F1's Twitter manager needs a raise.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    Sith-I-5 and Juliet316 like this.
  3. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    [face_laugh]
    Alonsocorrect.

Sith-I-5 and jcgoble3 like this.
  4. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  5. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Trash website can't even get the title of the article factually correct, due to misunderstanding the badly written title of the article that they are copying/rewriting from another trash website.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  6. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
  7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    With the 2019 Toro Rosso having it's "back end designed by Red Bull" as promised by Christian Horner last year, I am not that confident that going back to TR is going to make Gasly's life that much easier.

heels1785 likes this.
  8. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015

Found this today :)

Juliet316 likes this.
  9. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    A bit unfair that this is comparing a bad 1981 tyre change with a perfect 2019 one. The thing that amazes me most in these old pitstops is the high, unlimited speed the cars travel down the pitlane, with pitcrew just a couple of metres away. Their total time in pitlane was probably not much more than the Redbull in 2019.

10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    hulkenberg out at renault in 2020, to be replaced by returning esteban ocon.

11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    f2 renault driver anthoine hubert was killed at the spa-francorchamps race in belgium. hit the wall, and was then hit by another vehicle.

22 years old. terribly sad when this happens.

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Yeah, just saw a report on this.

Sad to hear.

Joe Saward (F1 journalist) had, I think, mentioned him recently as one of a couple of young drivers to look out for in the F2 championship, quietly doing well.

13. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
  14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Shocked to hear that Bottas is getting divorced. It doesn't seem long since he got married in the first place.

Not sure if this is due to the increased race calendar next year, or due to Valterri not being the happiest camper as Lewis' team-mate, what he puts himself through over the winter, so she doesn't see him much during those few months.

The timing seems suspect; feels like she hoped that like Nico Rosberg, Valterri would win the title, then immediately quit...

15. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
  16. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  17. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    All of these three are officially postponed: https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...ds-prix-postponed.5CggooJeHoDchKkFehkrkY.html

Additionally, the new regulations will be delayed until 2022, and teams will use their 2020 chassis in 2021 to help ease the financial burden on teams as a result of COVID-19: https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...elayed-until-2022.1lwtaLmpNcQd0z9SnMEyK8.html

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  18. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Update: Monaco is outright canceled and will not be rescheduled. See above link for the update.

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I sat through an entire round of the virtual Indycar on Sky Sports yesterday.

In contrast to what F1 is trying to achieve, I quite like the direction that Indycar has taken, involving the usual teams and drivers (or in the case of the race winner, a driver with aspirations to join the real Indycar), with championship points being awarded that count towards whenever races can be run for real.

Juliet316 and jcgoble3 like this.
  21. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Don't like that idea at all. Races are races, simulations are simulations. The two shouldn't be connected in such a way.

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    vettel's exit from ferrari at the end of this season has now been confirmed. i would not be surprised to see him retire, can't see him racing in inferior equipment.

23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Christian Horner on Seb' return: "We have a long term agreement with Max. Experience shows that two alpha males doesn't tend to pan out well."

DUDE! Just....stop! I know Alex doesn't come across as the most gung-ho person this side of the Galactic Centre, but you are just insulting the guy on the world stage....

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Much speculation as to whether Vettel would play the team game or drive for himself, in his last Ferarri season.

What I noticed, after he dropped out of Qualification Two; he is no longer afraid to **** on the car if he is not happy with it.

Criticizing the car, used to be a sacking offence, historically, but he's leaving anyway, drokk it.

Otherwise, great to see the sport back, even up to seeing Ted by himself up in the grandstands, spying on the pitlane with his 'pirate' telescope!

jcgoble3 likes this.