main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena FIA Formula 1 Racing

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 31, 2013.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    dominant weekend for max.

great job by f1 in completing their season, and doing so safely with minimal disruption.

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    like jimmie johnson in nascar, vettel's never been "my driver," but of course i've always been in awe of his talent. they're cut from the same cloth as equal parts classy and ruthless competitors, too. both went through a period of absurd dominance, and then had to watch someone else take that mantle. although he'll fight on with his new team, it feels like today was an ending.

liked this message to the teammate he's leaving:

3. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    To be told that you are the most talented driver your teammate has come across, when said teammate has fought directly against the likes of Hamilton, Alonso, and Schumacher, is extremely high praise.

4. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Maybe he's gone off the boil as a driver, but from hearing him in interviews, Seb sounds like a pretty decent guy.

5. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  6. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Yeah, that sounds like they need time for negotiations.
    If Albon still had a job, then they'd just say so.

7. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    much as we all hope for merc to slip up for excitement's sake, i hope Sith-I-5 would be happy with #6 #7 for lewis.

rest easy.

8. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Seven, actually. #6 was last year. The post you quoted is from 2018.

heels1785 likes this.
  9. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Damn, I'd forgotten.

10. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Fun fact: Number 55 Carlos Sainz scored his final points for McLaren in the 55-lap Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, held on the 5.55-kilometer Yas Marina Circuit, bringing McLaren's all-time total to 5,555.5.

EHT likes this.
  11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yuki Tsunoda has officially been moved up from F2 to the AlphaTauri F1 team.

The latest for 2021:
    [​IMG]

12. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Renault still needs to be switched to Alpine and blue tags there.

13. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Hi @heels1785 and @Point Given ... since the 2020 season is now over, maybe the thread title should be updated? Maybe just something more general like "Formula 1 Racing"?

Edit: Thanks Heels, looks good. It's also interesting to go back to Ender's posts that started the thread back in 2013... a lot has changed, but there are also quite a few drivers from then still around.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
    Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  14. TheChosenAlpha

TheChosenAlpha Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 15, 2020
  15. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Checoooooo!

darthcaedus1138 and EHT like this.
  16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    albon deserves better than a reserve driver spot, but perez gives them a better chance to be competitive.

darthcaedus1138 and EHT like this.
  17. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Albon's a nice enough guy, but is he good enough for a drive at a top team? Probably not. Could have done with another year at Toro Rosso to keep him hungry, then if performances had remained consistent been given the promotion. He, and Gasly, were promoted too soon. Kvyat probably never deserved to be promoted in the first place. With Vettel, Max and Ricciardo Red Bull got it right, but Helmut Marko's decision making has been spotty the last few years. I'd say they should see how Tsunoda does in Alpha Tauri. If he's good, keep him, and put Albon in to partner him for 2022. I can't see Gasly staying around when they refuse to promote him, can see him going to Renault if Alonso ruins Ocon like Ricciardo did (or the more unlikely option of Alonso being past it, and getting pasted by Ocon). Or a midfield drive opens up and Albon gets it.

Meanwhile, Nikita Mazepin deleted his apology from social media. Seriously don't see why FIA haven't revoked his superlicence for bringing the sport into disrepute already.

18. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    He is a rich Russian kid whose skill on the track has nothing to do with how he got his Haas drive, but I don't think he actually did anything wrong in this case. It was apparently the female friend herself that posted the clip as a joke, and she has no issues at all with his actions towards her. How two friends want to act together in private is none of ours or the fia's buisness, but Mazapin (and his friends too) does need to be far more careful and keep this kind of behaviour private.

19. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    She released a statement that they were friends and it was a joke.

A day later they were no longer friends on social media and her stories were full of things about not letting people take advantage and being careful when drunk.

Dear old daddy probably paid her to put out the statement but after seeing the level of hatred it earned Mazepin (not that he wasn't already hated, for buying his way up the ladder despite questionable ability) she decided to hell with it.

20. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Well that's certainly possible.
    Really I bet this situation is nothing compared to some of the awful stuff that Russian billionaires and their families get up to.

21. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
  22. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
    EHT likes this.
  23. EHT

Sep 13, 2007

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Kinda think next year's calendar looks stupid both for length, logistics and pretty much every other reason. My "dream" calendar, as it were:

1. Australia - traditional opener by now (early March).
    2. Singapore - Never understood the whole AUS-BAH-CHN logistics. Malaysia used to make sense. (Mid-March)
    3. Sepang - Speaking of, a decent track and one of the few Tilkedromes I don't outright despise. (Late March)
    4. China - If it has to be on the calendar, put it here. (Early April)
    5. Suzuka - Weather. April is far less prone to typhoons than October, and if it's not the end of the season it doesn't really matter where it is. (Mid-April)
    6. Portimao - Kick Catalunya to the kerb. (Early May)
    7. Monaco - Can't get rid of it, despite how much it bores me. (Late May)
    8. Imola - It's just good. (Early June)
    9. Hungary - Because it makes sense to put it before Austria instead of after Silverstone. (Mid-June)
    10. Austria - Why not. (Late June)
    11. Hockenheim or Nurnburgring - No Grand Prix in Germany is just stupid. (Early July)
    12. Silverstone - Traditionally mid-season. (Late July)
    13. Zandvoort - Not a bad track. Before Spa because I kinda like having Spa/Monza next to each other. (Late August)
    14. Spa - It's Spa. (Early Sept)
    15. Monza - It's Monza. (Mid Sept)
    16. Mugello - Was hilarious so I want it back. (Late Sept)
    (Now into the Twilight Zone)
    17. Montreal - Probably be freezing cold and that might be hilarious. (Early Oct)
    18. Austin - Again, not a bad track. (Mid-Oct)
    19. Mexico City - Not keen but I guess Perez-mania. (Late Oct)
    20. Sao Paulo - I love this track. (Early Nov)
    21. Turkey - Replicate the hell out of those cold and wet conditions. (Mid Nov)

No Bahrain, Saudi, or UAE because the tracks are awful. Also human rights. Turkey too but that was a fun race. Also ending with that would be hilarious.

Ideally would reduce it to 18 races. If so, I'd kill China, Mexico and Singapore. These long seasons are getting stupid.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  25. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Agreed. There is such as thing as too many races. NASCAR crossed that line a long time ago and F1 is creeping toward it now.