main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena FIA Formula 1 Racing

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 31, 2013.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    pointy i thought you supported merc?

love it for fernando, what a drive. hard to believe that is max's first win at bahrain. hopefully we get some races that are more exciting than this one in 2023.

afterlight and jcgoble3 like this.
  2. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I assumed he was talking about some kind of fantasy league.

heels1785 likes this.
  3. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Well that sucked, and so will the season. See you 2024. :p

4. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Why?

5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Great job by Alonso… and good for Aston Martin in general, with Stroll in 6th.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  6. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Nah I support McLaren as a team and Lewis in particular outside of the McLaren drivers and Danny Ric

heels1785 likes this.
  7. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    A kneejerk reaction. That was not an encouraging start for Ferrari. Between the tire deg and the ongoing reliability issues all weekend that was tough to watch. I was hoping they would have figured some of that stuff out in the off season but apparently not. Especially hard since Charles won the race last year from Pole. We'll see.

EHT likes this.
  8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    i think after the lewis/max bahrain finish in 2021, which was amazing and showed off how great the circuit is, these last two years have just felt stale.

ferrari and merc will get things figured out, i don't think we're in for another long spell of one team dominating. i just want one or two more teams to also get up to that level so we don't have the same three or four winners. hopefully aston martin is headed there, and always holding out hope for mclaren.

9. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    heels1785 likes this.
  10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    hate seeing a driver of lando's caliber running around the back. whatever it was that somebody ****ed up at mclaren, I hope they can fix relatively soon and get them back in contention.

sargeant having a strong run today.

11. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Another dull race. When the focus is on the "battle for 15th", you know it's a dud. At least 5 seconds between all the cars in the top ten. Good race from Verstappen, but even his overtakes were dull.

Bring back refuelling.

12. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I was busy kayaking today, but saw via social media that Alonso celebrated his 100th podium on stage only to then lose it to a 10-second penalty after the race for improperly serving a previous penalty. Apparently the improper penalty service occurred with over 30 laps to go but the stewards did nothing until after the podium ceremony. Whiskey tango foxtrot?

13. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Only interesting thing happened after the race finished. Not been a spectator sport for a while, and this season so far is doing nothing to disprove that.

14. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    EHT and Darth_Furio like this.
  15. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    This season is a forgone conclusion. RB dominate. Hopefully Checo can keep Max in check for the WDC so there's something worthwhile to watch. Also, it'll be interesting to see how Alonso takes on Merc and Ferrari

Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
    EHT likes this.
  16. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I will not be surprised if Alonso picks up a win somewhere, especially if the Red Bulls have issues in the same race.

17. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    "Boo" that RB won, but "yay" that it was Perez and not Verstappen.

Like I said before, it's karma for the Ricciardo situation. :p

18. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I saw an article saying that after two penalties for being out of grid position, the FIA is widening the grid boxes by 20 centimeters and adding a centerline to guide drivers into the box. Ocon said in an interview that the new generation of car has visibility issues with lining up properly.

19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003

savage horner

20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    first turn first lap, leclerc wrecked and done for the day. brutal.

mercedes look really quick today, just as in practice and qualifying. max was totally overwhelmed on that start, russell got away by a large gap before the safety car came out.

21. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Cannot escape the sound of "VVVRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAMMMMMZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" in Melbourne this weekend, as someone who lives inner-city.

I also work on St. Kilda road which is right on Albert Park's doorstep.

EHT and heels1785 like this.
  22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    russell's engine just blew up, third car done by lap 18. this is a weird race.

edit: oh god, what a mess at the end.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2023
  23. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Feel bad for Leclerc, and Sainz too for that matter. Not sure that a penalty that big on a lap that ended up not counting was the right call. Impressive day again for Alonso and Aston Martin.

24. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006

Last edited: Apr 9, 2023
  25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    going through the F1 schedule this morning to check for late night/early wakeups (thankfully baku is not), and there are only two more weird times for the east coast.

japan, which is every year, no surprise. but the second is the las vegas gp, which begins at 1am eastern - i missed that detail when they were announcing it. i don't know how cold nevada gets in the winter, but 10pm their time in mid-to-late november could be a bit brisk.

EHT likes this.