main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fighting in the Shadows - What's in a Name? challenge submission - Luke/Mara

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Nov 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    LOL I loved it! It was really sweet. I could see them saying every word. The characterization was perfect. :D

2. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    Perfect! You did a great job of capturing Luke and Mara. :D

3. Jedi-Tiger-Lilly

Jedi-Tiger-Lilly Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2005
    =D= I could really hear Luke and Mara saying everything here. And the ending was priceless! =D=

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Loved the dialogue--it was perfect! Also got a kick out of the fact that Mara was ticklish and that "sparks" could still ignite after such a long, harrowing night.[face_laugh] @};-

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ohhh, how sweet. Loved Mara's observations oabout how baby's are so exhausting and just when you want to chuck them out a window they smile.... that brings back some wonderful memories of my own. Thanks. :D :D

6. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    ?You have no clue how many times you?ve been in imminent danger of taking an unscheduled flight,? she said dryly.

Aww...that's such a great line. You nailed Mara and Luke's characterization. Really enjoyed this and it was just right...not over the edge in sentiment and sugar. That's always a hard balance and you accomplished it in leaps and bounds.

Enjoyed this, thanks![face_dancing]

7. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    That viggie was amazing! I was seriously smiling all the time. You know, when I first read about Luke and Mara being parents, I thought that it was going to be very interesting. I was disappointed that we got to see so little of it in the NJO. This was a great insight into what it's like being a new parent (something you would know about;))

Bravo!=D=

8. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    Awww, that was sweet. I liked how Mara was worried that she wasn't a good mother. I think that is something every parent thinks for a moment at the beginning. Nice work.

9. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm WAY behind on some author's comments. [face_blush] Oops!

Senator_Leia73 Thank you! :D

LukesTheMan
    Glad you liked it. :)

Jedi-Tiger-Lilly Thanks for reading! [:D]

Jade_eyes When you've got chemistry... ;)

Healer_Leona Kids are cute for a reason, it's a survival technique! :p

MirandaFair They ARE tough to write, glad you think I did them justice! [face_mischief]

JediJainaSoloFel The EU hasn't let us see much of them parenting a younger Ben. :(

cheersweetie27 I experience it at least once a week. [face_shhh]

10. verybusy

verybusy Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2006
    Thanks for moving this up and into my view totay. This was exactly what I needed during a 1 1/2 hours audio conference. :)

I really loved it.

VeryBusy

11. TnTornado

TnTornado Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2006
    Great fic MammaVader, loved it - I'm gonna hafta go look at some of your older ones!

TnTornado

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.