main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FIGUEROA BADGE 2...IT'S HERE AND IN REAL LIFE...COMPLETE PROTOTYPE

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Amidala081499, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    I hope you are ready for a real treat...

This is one spectacular badge, it is the bomb!!!

Here is the links, one for video, one for still picture.

http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g285/Amidala081499/?action=view&current=Badge_Video.flv

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g285/Amidala081499/Badge_Still.jpg

Enjoy and I will be taking orders soon. Once we figure out the price for each one. Again, we are making no money, we are doing it because we love STAR WARS!!!

***YODA AND LANYARD NOT INCLUDED***

2. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    That is way too cool! Glad I'm stayin' at the Fig.

3. --Azrael--

--Azrael-- Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2005
    that looks fantastic. Roll on May

4. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Looks wonderful!

I think I'll attach mine to my C-3 lanyard (which hangs next to my PC.) :p

5. DARTHVADERUSA

DARTHVADERUSA Jedi Master

Jun 1, 2002
    Very nice! You and your husband are to be congratulated for this! Thanks!

6. buggyvirus1

buggyvirus1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    THAT IS SOOOOOO COOL! I AM SO GLAD THAT I AM STAYING AT THE FIG! Can't wait to get mine! :D

7. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    wow! this is more than I expected. Fantastic ~ you know how to push my buttons.

I know ...major cheezeball .

just let us know how we can pay ya, and where to direct $ to. Awesome job!

8. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!!!!!!

9. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    I am so glad and relieved that everyone so far likes the badge, I have to admit I was scared that some would not.

I too like the badge alot. However, I have been getting some emails from other members who want the badge even if they are not staying at the Fig. I do not know yet how we are going to handle this. I mean I never want to overlook a Star Wars fan or leave one out, but I can only say we will see. Badges purchased outside the Fig group will have a different saying on them, or soemthing. I want our little group to have something that makes us stand out.

So far, from the count I have made, I need to make 60 badges. I may put a limit on them so that there worth is much more. I think it is a true honor for some of you to tell me that this is going to be a collectors item. It really makes me very happy. Again, if I make way too many they loose their luster, so I may need to put a cap on them, but we are not near yet what I believe the cap should be.

I will be sending a badge to four people not on the list. One will be going to the father...aka...George Lucas, another to Rick, another to Steve Sansweet and finally Hayden. Without their guidance and storytelling abilities I know we would not have this forum today. So I feel it is just the right thing to do!!!

10. movieboy

movieboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2005
    VERY GOOD JOB!!!

They came out much better then I thought they would. I really think this will make a very nice group collectable. I am so glad I went ahead and got a reservation at the Fig; no matter how the hotel is; this badge and group will make the stay worth while.

Again very good job, and I can't wait to order my 2 (one for me, and one for my girlfrind)

11. SSDExecutor

SSDExecutor Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Wow, the badge is awesome!! :D You and your hubbie did a great job Amidala081499 - thanks for all of your hard-work, it really shows in how great the badge looks!

12. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    and also glad you're sending them to the maker and his buds -

13. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    Fantabulous! You both did a great job! :D

14. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Looks awesome. Can't wait to get mine!

You may consider just distributing them after CIV. I know it defeats the purpose of having one at the con but that way you wouldn't have to worry about having a second design. It also makes it so you don't have to worry about hundreds of people wanting one before CIV :p

15. JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY

JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2003
    Educate me please. What is this. Is this the 5 day pass for C4? If so it looks awesome.

16. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Hey Jay...

No this is not a pass...it is a fan-made badge made for members of the Fan Force. It gives us a chance to be able to identify other members while at the convention. It is also a really fun way to add some pizazz to an already frantic fan who just really needs a badge...LIKE ME!!!

I am currently taking orders for members staying at the Figueroa Hotel. Then I may open up the orders to other Fan Force members. If you are interested in one, just PM me and I will put you on a list.

Also, thanks for all the cool comments everyone...I am so happy you all like them. I cannot wait to hear George's comments. WOW

17. JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY

JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2003
    Why can't the 5 day pass be this cool. Put me on the list.

18. SSDExecutor

SSDExecutor Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Maybe it should say something like:

"Figueroa - Celebration IV
    Perhaps you think you're being treated - unfairly?"

[face_laugh]

19. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Hey I like the saying...I might use that one, thanks.

20. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    OK, in ALL honesty, I would be hesitant to offer them outside of the Fig hotel group until after c-4, after all - it's ment to distinguish "fellow figgys" at the convention, and variations will be just as sought after.

With that being said, I think "The Figureroa, In The Core of C-4" would be cool, and for others "Outer Rim"

[face_mischief]

21. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    I agree with Paulie, this was supposed to be something that distinguished the Figeroans from other attendees. We should have our own unique badge that sets us apart and makes it easy for us to identify each other as people staying at the same hotel. It would defeat the purpose if other people were wearing a badge nearly identical to ours. So what if the text is different? They would still be too close and the only way to tell them apart would be to walk right up and read it off their chest.

If the other groups from other hotels want badges, let them organize it themselves and come up with something original that will also set them apart.

EDIT spelling

22. movieboy

movieboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2005
    Could not agree more

23. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    I also agree. The Fig badges should be for Fig folks! What is the point if other folks have them?

Although it is awesome that so many folks want to have them, their purpose is for our special group to recognize each other around the convention center.

Maybe you could make extras available after C4.

By the way, you did an exceptional job! It looks fantastic! =D=

Lufta Shif

24. buggyvirus1

buggyvirus1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    I also agree. These are spacial badges and should be for the fig people only. You did an awesome job and I can't wait to get mine. Please let us know when we should place the order because I may need to add two more to the two I already ordered. I have two fdrinds coming with that want one. They are staying at the fig as well.

25. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    No problem...I will add two more to your order. We are still checking into the pricing, hoping to get the parts at wholesale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.