main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FIGUEROA BADGE 2...IT'S HERE AND IN REAL LIFE...COMPLETE PROTOTYPE

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Amidala081499, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Nobody is saying that Wednesday night is THE night. It was simply a suggestion for a day (and makes sense since the convention opens up on Thursday for Hyperspace members).

It is not carved in stone, so relax. :rolleyes:

2. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    Amidala, you asked for suggestions, so I once again suggest PayPal. In addition to many businesses and eBay, it is used by several fan groups including the 501st for their parties. Paying you with PayPal protects everyone involved. You can easily get all of our shipping addresses from it, too. Just be sure to factor in its small fee charged to "sellers" into the final cost of the badges. (Yes, I know you are not technically selling us anything... :))

AmmersVI, it is extremely easy, quick, (and free) to set up and use a PayPal account as a "buyer". Let me know if you need any help, if this is the route Amidala choses.

All, the group photo Wednesday night (or whenever!) sounds fantastic! It is a little early to plan perhaps, but maybe we could ask to use one of the cool looking party room the Fig has.

- Lufta Shif

3. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Right you are. Doesn't matter to me when it is. I was just talking... hand't really thought it through. I'm pretty flexible... but if I can't make it, I'm not going to worry about it. I'll just superimpose my dome on it after it's posted to the net. HA! =)

-GJ

4. DARTHVADERUSA

DARTHVADERUSA Jedi Master

Jun 1, 2002
    Amidala,

Thank you for all your time & work on this project. I appreciate it. :)

Please put me down for 2 badges.

5. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    Welcome, DarthVaderUSA! :)

6. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Man, May 24th cannot come FAST enough...

7. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    I hear you, JediJustin! I am spending way to much time on these boards lately! My husband said I am obsessed/addicted to the C4 boards here. Well...yeah. [face_hypnotized]

- Lufta Shif

8. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    LOL - well my wife is just as fanatic as I am (I love it). So we BOTH spend tons of time on C4 forums! Ahhh, but it is time well spent and enjoyed for sure!

9. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Yes, I understand that wednesday was a suggestion, and I was merely, in turn, suggesting that there is a valid reason for it not to be held on that day. why does saying so mean I am getting worked up and needing to relax? I think you are making assumptions that you need not be making as to what I am feeling.

Am I not allowed to express my own thoughts without being told I need to relax? that is a bit presumptuous on your part justin

10. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    A photo shoot would be cool. Esp. during one of the days of the con so that those of us with costumes could be all dressed up too! Fun stuff!

11. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Heh.. I can't help but laugh about all this. All we need is a sandbox and some dirty diapers! =) You're right, Cliodna_ben_Lhee... I wasn't thinking that some people woulnd't be there Wednesday night. In fact, I'm sure a lo of people who do get in the night before would be coming in late and getting together for a photo shoot might not be the best idea. Plus, as someone pointed out, there are those who are going to want to dress up in the gear. I'm sure we'll work something out that benefits everyone. We've got several months to figure it out.

-GJ

12. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    Thank You Grumpy for being a voice of reason among us lunatics8-}

13. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Ummm, maybe we should move on here. Starting to get ugly for some unforseen reason. Jeez...

14. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Ugly? Who you calling ugly? You're the one with the red face and the horns! HAHA!

15. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    LOL - thought it would make a loud fashion statement. :D

16. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    Hey Clio, I'm sorry you got treated like that (came in and found over 30 posts since I left yesterday). Grumpy Jedi wasn't wrong for suggesting Wednesday night for pictures. It just hadn't dawned on him that not everyone would be there yet and wish to be included. That's where you came in. You weren't wrong for reminding GJ, "Hey, we'll need more time to arrive", or something to that effect, either. No one was having a litter of kittens, we're just trying to smooth out some rough edges while we still have more than ample time to do so. You had no business being ridiculed as you were, and you have my condolences for such. I understand how you feel; I like to know that when I state a concern, someone isn't going to down me so I'll be afraid to say stuff later. Just remember, Clio, (and I have to remind myself as well with my own situations), there will always be someone who values your concerns and when someone hurts you, there is always someone there who will care enough to smooth it over.

On the Lighter Side...
    Who will take the picture? Is there a photographer among this Fig group, or will there be a stack of cameras to take pictures with each? If I remain on the waiting list and never get a room, if I have the time (and am not tied up by the Costume Cabaret/Pageant I wish to be in), and y'all need someone to take the shots, I wouldn't mind doing whatever I can to help, since I've been in this circle and have been welcome to stick around (at least by some). Whoever has a nice digital camera could also upload and post a link to the completed picture (or email the picture to someone who can) once it's all over, then no one would need stacks of cameras or repeated shots. Well, better go. Got homework I haven't even touched.

Lavenderrose @};-

17. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Homework is overrated. Talking Star Wars on this Forum is way more important. :)

18. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000

[yoda speak] Yes, yes, to Justin you listen! [/end yoda speak]

- Lufta

19. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    I'll be thinking about that one for a while.

Anyway, I have a digital camera. I think the best thing to do is line up everyones camera and take multiple shots with each. Being an amatuer photographer, I have learned that if you want 1 good shot you need to take 10.

20. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Everyone would have to take their own pics I would guess. Otherwise, one single person would have to be designated at the "main photographer" and then get the addresses of everybody to mail them their 35mm photo. Or have a laptop with a multi-card reader and copy the pic from their digital camera to everyone's flash card.

Seems like a ton of work for one person to take on. But hopefully we can get it all worked out come May.

21. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    No, everyone brings their own camera and takes their own pics. For the people who don't have digital cameras, I'll get your e-mail and send you the pics when I get home. For those of you who don't have a computer I have a question.....how are you reading this right now. HAHAHA! Get out of the 70's and go buy one.

22. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    Hey, why not ask Uno to take the photo? Just kidding...

23. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    once again, you have made assumptions and attributed motives to me which are not there, I was sincere about Grumpy being reasonable, the silly face next to the statement about us lunatics (and notice I included myself in there) was an attempt to be light hearted.

24. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003

Thank you for saying that Lavender, I appreciate that. But there was only one poster so far who has treated me shabbily over expressing my opinion. I had no problems with Grumpy at all

25. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    It was me! I confess!! My monthly beatings haven't seemed to help! [face_beatup]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.