main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FIGUEROA BAGES FOR CELEBRATIONS 4

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Amidala081499, Jun 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    We have been getting emails and an outpouring repsonse to our badge ideas, so I decided to dedicate a post directly to this topic so we can keep the posts in order.

HERE IS A COPY OF MY ORIGINAL POST:

My husband and I are trying to come up with an idea for identifying people who are in our group while at the convention. He is an Electrical Engineer and he wants to make something really unique. So if anyone has any suggestions...for example...a light up lightsaber pin that you can attach to you lanyard...or something technical, just let me know and I will run it by him. Now obviously we can offer our free time to build or make these, but the materials will cost money, so if we come up with an idea, we will price the materials and let everyone in on it. You can either build it yourself or we can build it for you, with reimbursement.

LETS JUST GET SOME IDEAS TOGETHER FIRST.

HERE ARE SOME OF THE NEW UPDATES FROM NEW REPLIES:

Date Posted: 6/5 3:24pm Subject: RE: The Force at the Figueroa
    Well the Husband came up with a really cool idea for the lanyards. He suggested making flat Vader chest boxes with blinking LED's that can easily be attached to the lanyard itself. It would lay over top of the badge, but can easily be pulled up to reveal the badge itself. He said he would have to buy flat LED's and then some plastic sheeting and ink for the printer and some wiring. He said it would be a coll project. So just give me your guys input and we will go from there.

THINK COOL!!!

Date Posted: 11:26am Subject: RE: The Force at the Figueroa
    Those badges are cool, but they lack that Star Wars luster. We will be looking into pricing over the weekend, we need to get these started if we are going to make them because we will have to mass produce them. It looks like this would be the materials list: thin plastic sheeting, ink, 4 red LED's, 1 blue LED, thin wiring, thin black foam to protect the back with the wires. I have a hole punch for my scrapbooking so I will donate that to the cause.

My husband Shane said that he cannot make the chest box blink in the correct vader sequence, like he did on his vader costume, because of costs, he would need a bread board and more materials, and we are trying to make this affordable for everyone. They will blink, just not in the correct sequence.

On the badges we will put on them, somewhere on the bottom of the chestbox...The Force is Strong at the Figureroa..unless someone else could come up with a better slogan. I need to know how we can work out a payment system and shipping system. I would like to have these all shipped out by january. After we price the materials we will find out from all of you what you think a fair price would be per badge. Like I said we are not doing this to make money, we just think it would be cool to have something that none of the other hotels have. We are donating our time to make this Celebration a very special experience.

Now that we have a post dedicated to this idea...I need to start compiling a list of numbers here, how many should I make and should we make these badges available to all Fig people attending the convention or just our fellow peeps here online. I suggest we make them available to all Fig people because I believe all of us fans should be united. However, I am not the majority so just let me know what everyone thinks.

NEVER HAS THERE BEEN A MORE WRETCHED HIVE OF VILLIANY...THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH THE FIG

2. movieboy

movieboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2005
    Why don't we just make up some badges like we had at C3.

3. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    For the numbers, let's just keep replying to this thread with names and numbers of badges needed. Simple enough.

Grumpy_Jedi (x2)

4. Underpaid_Soldier

Underpaid_Soldier Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Underpaid_Soldier (x2)

I hope this all works out, it'll be awesome.

5. Darth_Nevoc

Darth_Nevoc Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 26, 2004
    i'm still all for wearing nothing but Fig leaves.

Darth_Nevoc
    a.k.a. Coven x2

6. Darth_Djinn

Darth_Djinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2004
    Darth_Djinn (x2)

7. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    I think it's a brilliant idea, though I dont know about wearing nothing but fig leaves... that might not go too well with my rabid fangirl costume..

8. Darth_Nevoc

Dec 26, 2004
    Very true. Althought it would be funny to see a TK roaming around with the Fig leaf strategically placed.

oh well. Whatever you folks come up with, I'll wear for the duration. It'll just be cool to be a part of the club. The club being the only people with enough foresight to grab rooms this early before the major rush late this summer.

9. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Although I do not share your enthusiasm for wearing Fig leaves, that is quite a funny thing to say...at least make them light up.

Ok, back to business...

We think the Vader chest boxes are going to work out just fine and they should be affordable. Again, we we will price the materials over the weekend. It will be awesome, once we have a prototype we will post a picture of it on this thread. Then everyone will see what they are paying for.

We plan to make a prototype over the weekend, so we will probably have the pictures up by next week.

I have seen what Shane has planned and let me tell you, they are gonna be cool. I do not believe anyone else can come up with a better badge. We have already done the computer work and we will be working on schematics next, and then printing out the chest box itself.

10. DarthBarbieDoll

DarthBarbieDoll Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2002
    DarthBarbieDoll - 2 badges please. :)

11. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Put me down for one -

TKfig21

12. Darth_Tofu

Mar 17, 2002
    two for me! please!!! :)

13. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    2 please - depending on the cost. I would like one for a friend who may come with me just because it's LA. She's not an SW fan, but in the midst of all the SW excitement that will surround her once there I don't think she'll be able to resist the Force. :D

14. yodakarma

yodakarma Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    Two for me please. Oh and thank you for doing this!

15. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    LukeSkiewalker & MaraJadeRaven (2)

Gracias!

16. Underpaid_Soldier

Oct 3, 2003
    Right on.

17. buggyvirus1

buggyvirus1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    two for me please!

18. Darth_Tofu

Mar 17, 2002
    lol we're all such geeks. you know we all want two cause we're gonna wear one and keep one mint :p

19. movieboy

movieboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2005
    2 badges please

20. Darth_Nevoc

Dec 26, 2004

if that were the case we'd all want 3. one to wear, one to keep mint, and one to sell on e-bay o_O

21. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    can I get 2? great concepts merging blinking fig leaves

22. SSDExecutor

SSDExecutor Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    The idea sounds great Amidala! Can't wait to see the prototype! :D

Put me down for 2 as well please!

23. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    The list thus far...

Grumpy_Jedi (x2)
    Underpaid_Soldier (x2)
    Darth_Nevoc a.k.a. Coven x2
    Darth_Djinn (x2)
    DarthBarbieDoll - 2 badges please
    DarthBreezy
    Darth_Tofu (x2)
    Anapad_Nabooine (x2) depending on cost
    yodakarma (x2)
    LukeSkiewalker & MaraJadeRaven (2)
    buggyvirus1 (x2)
    movieboy (x2)
    lovelucas (x2)
    SSDExecutor (x2)

24. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    I'm interested, although the Darth Vader chest plate theme will look a little odd with my Jedi costume. No matter, I want to be a proud "Fig Force" member!

Put me down for one - I need to keep expenses down as I just upgraded my Jedi belt [face_money_eyes]. It is awesome! Movie quality and is complete with Jedi food pellets and utility pouches!

Another use for these badges will be for identifying each other in the Fig's lobby on May 23rd if any of us have problems with the front desk honoring our reservations. We could help each other out with securing other arrangements with those with extra space in their rooms. [:D]

Lufta

25. Underpaid_Soldier

Oct 3, 2003
    Exactly, that's the spirit!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.