main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FIGUEROA BAGES FOR CELEBRATIONS 4

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Amidala081499, Jun 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    It sounds to me that you're on a waiting list, so yeah, you'd only get in if there's a cancellation and you're pretty high up on the list. But only the hotel can tell you for sure.

2. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    No prob; I'm not stressin' either way. As long as I get a place with a price I can handle. Even if I don't manage to stay at the Fig, I'll try and visit for dinner one night.

Lavenderrose73 @};-

3. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Amidala, is it too late to change my order from three to two? my son will most likely be staying at a different hotel than me and my daughter

4. buggyvirus1

buggyvirus1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    Even thought the lights are from blue to green, I think they will still rock. I will be cool to see these drapped over peoples badges. :D I am very excited!!!

5. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Sorry I have been away for a few days, but my life is a soap opera right now.

Anway, no it is not too late to order badges. My husband and I are still working on the prototype, and once we have all the kinks worked out we will post a final product. After, we will gather the list here on site, set up some kind of payment idea as well as shipping, and we hope to have these sent out no later than October..all of them. Now, we do plan on making some additional badges for when we go to the event, in the case that someone needs an extra one.

As for the colors of the LED's, they still "rock" even though the colors are changed from blue and red to green and red. I think we are gonna have a heck of a winner here. I think people are going to be stopping us in the center asking us where they can find these. I am so excited and I cannot wait until May, I can feel the masses of midichlorians in us jumping for joy!!!

Have a fun day!!!! and.... May the Force be with us!!!

6. --Azrael--

--Azrael-- Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2005
    I might end up ordering another one. There might be another mate of mine joining us for the trip. Don't know for sure yet but we shall see.

7. DARTHVADERUSA

DARTHVADERUSA Jedi Master

Jun 1, 2002
    Sounds like a good idea, my son & I will want them also.

8. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    I just want to clarify, I am reducingmy order by one badge, not adding to my order

9. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    I am pretty sure i am staying there...i don't have time to go through the whole thread, but do we have picture yet?

10. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Not yet, we shoulld have a quicktime video, or something like that up by tuesday. At least I hope!!!

It is really fantastic!!!

11. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Hey everyone...the wait is close to being over.

We will have the badge posted by Thursday, unless something happens to the server.

Does anyone know of any place on the internet, where we can post a link to a very short video. We are going to take a short video of the badge, to show how it works and looks, but because of the electronics and the lights, we want to show it as it would appear on. So any help would be awesome.

NONE OF YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED...I AM NOW SOOOOOO VERY EXCITED.

12. buggyvirus1

buggyvirus1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    Can't wait!

13. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Hey there, will those badges sell out? What if I find out very late on that I can have a place at the Figueroa? Will they still be available?

Lavenderrose73 @};-

14. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    We plan on filling orders first, then we will see what more we can do.

15. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    Any chance you could also post the badge in non-video form? I am still on dialup and connections are s-l-o-w. :)

Lufta Shif

16. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    excellent...looking forward to seeing it!

17. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Hey Amidala, you have a video of that badge? I want to see it. How much are they anyway?If it's not too much, I may go ahead and buy one anyway. That way if I find a place at the Figueroa, I'll have it. If I don't, I'm sure there'll be at least one person who goes there and doesn't have it. I'll have to sleep on it.

Nnaydolem, I saw that pic of your son with the trooper apparel and I guess you by his side smiling. That's really cute, I like that! Hopefully we will meet at Celebration IV. Catch y'all later, guys. I've got a doggone research paper to finish that's due tomorrow...8-}

Lavenderrose73 @};-

18. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    VK edited this to remove email addresses and other extraneous stuff.

BOY DID I GET SOME REALLY TERRIBLE NEWS FROM UNO TODAY, FIRST OFF, THIS GUY DOES NOT SEEM TO KNOW HIS BUTT FROM A HOLE IN THE GROUND. I AM SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW I THINK I AM GONNA BURST. WHO IN THE HECK WOULD GIVE A ROOM LIKE THIS TO A FAMILY OF FOUR, ESPECIALLY SINCE I WAS THE FIRST PERSON FROM THE CONVENTION TO BOOK THERE, NEEDLESS TO SAY I AM REALLY, WELL YOU KNOW, P..... OFF. READ THE FOLLOWING EMAIL:

In a message dated 7/23/2006 11:20:54 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, ******************** writes:
    Hi,

My family and I are traveling to LA and will be staying in your
    hotel. I was curious about the rooms. I looked on the website and it
    showed what the rooms looked like, but it did not show ours. We are staying
    in a double bedded room and only the queen doubles are shown. Also, is
    there enough room in the room for my kids to play a little, like floor
    space. I really enjoy your decor and it looks to be a very nice hotel.
    I cannot wait to stay there. Oh, one more question, do the rooms have
    refrigerators...my baby will be with us and requires formula, and do
    you have room service? Thank you for answering all my questions, it is
    rather kind of you!!!

Best Reguards,
    Mrs. Anderson

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Uno Thimansson
    Figueroa Hotel, 939 S. Figueroa St., Los Angeles CA 90015
    TEL. 213-627-8971 FAX 213-689-0305 EMAIL unofig@aol.com
    http://www.figueroahotel.com

The room assigned for you is a double/double. Size is 200 square feet only and frankly I think you will be uncomfortable there.
    We are just a little primitive tourist hotel and not as good as some of the other properties downtown.
    Just wanted you to know.

19. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Goodness, it sounds like there was some part of "I already have reservations" the guy didn't understand. I'm sorry you're not getting the help you should be. Hopefully someone will straighten out this situation for you and maybe even give Uno a crash course on how to see to a customer's needs.

@};-

20. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    LOL...I know.

21. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I think from the TripAdvisor's posts that Uno is a law unto himself; it's his hotel and so he does what he wants. It is also a very old hotel and the rooms are small. It is what it is.

22. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    And to be fair, he did admit "I don't think you'll be comfortable here"

I mean, Granted he could have told you at the very very start, but I'm sure that he was overwhelmed within a very short time - at least he told you NOW instead of waiting until you got there. When I went to London I booked a single room and it ended up being about 7'X 15' (WITH the loo and shower - there was about two feet of space between the bed and the wall) but it was comfortable, clean, and a 5 minute walk to Paddington.

23. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    From what I have learned, the Fig is set up for convention goers who do not want to stay in cookie-cutter hotels. Uno hopes that his guests will appreciate the unique atmosphere. He seems very proud of his hotel and I think folks run into trouble when they expect more than he has to offer.

I would not expect fridges in every room, high speed internet connections, or top-notch service that folks have come to expect from other well-known business hotels.

I would expect a quirky, other-worldly atmosphere (think busy market street in Tatooine), hundreds of enthusiastic fellow guests (hey we better be enthusiastic if be had to book so early!) and a low-key, European-travel-hotel style of "service" (Uno).

I hope you can get a resolution to your dilemma. You, of all people oh-leader-of-the-Fig-pack, should be happy. Just remember Uno cannot give you want he does not (the Fig does not) have.

Lufta Shif

24. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    After totally freaking out last night at around 12:45 a.m, I decided that if I wanted to get any sleep at all I would need to call the hotel, now at this instant. Well, having worked at a hotel back in my college days, I knew they were available for you 24 hrs. a day, and LA is three hours behind me.

So....

I called and they transfered me to Uno. Well his answering machine answered, so instead of leaving a message, and no offense I really did not want to talk to him at this moment, I called back the hotel to ask whoever answered the phone the questions.

Anyway, I asked about the size of the rooms and the lady said that they are small, but that there is enough room for my kids to play on the floor. That the room I was staying in...a double/double...was not the largest of the rooms, but it had enough walking space. So, relieved I took a breath, then asked about a fridge, she said that every room has a fridge, but that they only kept items cool, not very cold. Also, asked about room service and she said that they did not have room service, but they had a restaurant that you could order food from and take back up to your room.

Needless to say, after I received my emails from Uno I was terrified, but at least now I can sleep at night. I do believe that this Uno guy is very strange and doesnot have all oars in the water. However, I just need a place to lay my head at night and a safe and clean room, so I guess all I have to worry about now is dying from the excitement, waiting for this convention to start.

25. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    I am glad you are resting easier, Amidala081499. :) I think if you adjust your expectations, then you will be fine. [face_laugh] (Example: The Fig is not part of a national chain and probably will not have a reservations agent available 24 hrs. a day.) So be happy! [:D] (Lufta Shif gives Amidala081499 a much-needed hug.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.