main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Filming Announcement -- May 2014

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by -polymath-, Mar 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    I know John's in LA because he showed pictures of same. Maybe they're not required for stuff currently being filmed; after all they can't be in every scene much as I'd like them to be!:p

I don't know if the Black Park filming is ongoing, but I would guess there's second unit stuff being filmed right now.:)

Claire1976 likes this.
  2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm...while they both may be in LA, do we know that it's related to Star Wars? Perhaps they're only enjoying some much needed time off before things ramp up again. After all, John was reportedly in Chicago a week or two ago as well.

I know that the comingsoon article mentioned something about production taking place in LA, but like was previously stated, that was from a year ago. Is that still even accurate? My understanding was that the bulk of the production would be taking place over seas.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  3. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    Meetings at Disney HQ possibly.

4. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    I really doubt they are shooting in LA, it's something related to the film no doubt, but not that.

5. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013

Wasn't JJ in LA too?

6. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    It doesn't mean they were shooting. If it's something else related to the film then it goes without saying that JJ would also be there.

7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    So will Episode VII be like Star Trek Into Cumberbatch and take place mostly on Earth???

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  8. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    Yes :D

CairnsTony likes this.
  9. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    *blows brains out*

Baron_Papanerd and Claire1976 like this.
  10. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012

[​IMG]

11. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    Yeah , with John and Daisy.....and Edgar Wright for some reason.

Hydro spanner Celt likes this.
  12. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    After seeing The World's End, I'm perfectly fine if Edgar Wright never directs or produces a film ever again.

ksb36 likes this.
  13. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Their careers will no doubt concern more than 3 Star Wars films, so they're probably in LA to tie up future film projects with their agents.

14. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

That, and getting wasted at The Cat & Fiddle on Sunset Boulevard.

15. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    It's no Shaun of the Dead but it wasn't THAT bad.

markdeez and fishtailsam like this.
  16. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I hope filming is not almost over. Harrison Ford's injury happened just after they started, and he still isn't back on Set yet, that I have heard anyway.

Anybody know if Harrison is back in England?

17. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    I'd say they still have a fair bit of filming to do if Harrison has this "gigantic" role. He was only on set a maximum of 4 days before his injury (judging by the time he was photographed arriving at his London hotel), so they must have a ton of scenes still to do with him. Unless of course he isn't as important to the plot as most people seem to think. It will be interesting to see how much longer filming continues once he's back on set. My personal view is that if he's leading this search for Luke then him and the new kids will be a team and share a great deal of scenes together. Yet they've shot so much without him already so I do wonder how true the reports of him being a "co lead" really are. The search for Luke is reported to be the driving force of the film, so the "search party's" scenes must take up quite a bit of time. How can they have shot any of that with one of the team missing? And yet John and Daisy have been shooting pretty much the whole time he's been out. So something doesn't add up.

Seeher, Baron_Papanerd and CairnsTony like this.
  18. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001

With JJ, John and Daisy in LA, it seems like the hiatus isn't even over yet. So I wouldn't worry about Harrison not being on set yet - they probably haven't started filming again yet.

Also, in a recent interview, Adam Driver was asked if the hiatus affected him. He said he would have to stay a bit longer and wouldn't be working on any other jobs until mid-November. So if the schedule was originally to have the shoot complete in September, Adam's comments seem to suggest it'll be going through October or so.

19. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Claire1976 likes this.
  20. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    It's nice to enjoy that they're filming a Star Wars movie currently, but I can't wait until we hear that they've finished filming. Then we don't have to worry about another broken leg incident. :)

CairnsTony and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  21. TelemachosJr

TelemachosJr Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2014
    Well mark hamill is still in the us so i guess the hiatus has been extended

22. Gorkom

Gorkom Jedi Knight

Aug 15, 2014
    Im just worried about this hiatus hurting the quality of the the film. Look at it like this, so everyone gets cracking on the film, getting into the groove and then it cuts off, to try and get back into it after so much time...I don't know, I can see the actors feeling like its a drag. Im just hoping this doesn't affect the film much.

23. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    Well, he probably isn't needed for filming at this moment in time. Adam Driver didn't attend the Emmy Awards tonight, so I'm assuming the hiatus is over and he's in London filming.

vinsanity likes this.
  24. vinsanity

vinsanity Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2013
    I was thinking the same thing.

25. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    On the other hand, having a break for a few weeks could be really good. They'll come back feeling rested, recharged and ready to go! It is a big film with lots of action/physical sequences, so maybe a short break is exactly what they needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.