main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Filming Announcement -- May 2014

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by -polymath-, Mar 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

I remember when Obi Wan's Starfighter from AotC was leaked before it was finished. That was an awesome moment, though most everyone thought that it was a Star Destroyer model.

Import_Jedi likes this.
  2. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Always there to catch you guys when you fall my Star Wars friends:)

I personally think this is the coolest leaked photo and video because one of the most iconic spaceships In movie History is in it The Falcon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    I tip my cap to the real world location scouts for VII. I had no idea there were so many cool locations here in the UK around which the filming of a movie set in a galaxy far, far away could take place :)

Carrie1138 and TheBBP like this.
  4. dr strangelove

dr strangelove Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2014
    Dantooine would be awesome. They did a beautiful job with it in KOTOR.

Apophis_ and vinsanity like this.
  5. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    Yeah, Dantooine would be a nice touch, finally showing (on the big screen) a planet we've only heard about since ANH, especially if they're paralleling that movie as much as it seems they are.

6. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Let's keep it friendly, shall we? No need to name call those with different opinions.

CairnsTony and Adi_Gallia_9 like this.
  7. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I think rezpen, meant that as a joke :)

Calgaroe,
    When and if you check out the filming site Please get back to us with the details ??......

8. SimitarLikeTusk

SimitarLikeTusk Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2014
    We are also not all new ship whores. The new star fighters in the prequels were uninspired in my opinion and many people were dissapointed not to see any familiar designs. I just want cool ship designs, and returning cool ships. What a silly, entitled and completely nonsense attitude it is to just want stuff that is just new and different.

9. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    again let me stress rezpen, meant that as a joke I am sure.....

10. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    If you are excited to see the same things again good for you, I'm just messsing we are all nostalgia whores over something no need to be offended :) But for me part of the fun is seeing new planets, aliens, and ships with every movie. If there is a reason in the movie they've had the same ships for 50 years, if maybe the Republic has broken down and they have to keep fixing old stuff like the Cuban cars from the 50's or something I guess I would be okay with that, but as a fan I prefer to get cool new stuff every movie I find it more exiting to see a new ship drop into battle for the first time then oh there's that thing again.

11. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I thought it interesting that the Falcon looked so clean, although, I doubt that they were finished touching her up, it made me wonder what it looked like when it was new. One of my favorite references regarding the Falcon is Threepio's in TESB. He explains to Han that it has a peculiar dialect.

Great pictures, video and the SET!....it's so evocative of late 70's Star Wars. I'm getting the sense that Episode VII is going to be ANH to the power of 10. I hope the story's as good. Again, every image, location I've seen and most of what I've heard has me cautiously optimistic. Go JJ!

12. SimitarLikeTusk

SimitarLikeTusk Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2014
    Well as I said that's a silly attitude rezpen. You shouldnt be excited by new stuff, you should be excited by cool looking stuff. And I think certain ships are a crucial part of Star Wars. X wing got a new design anyway, case you didnt know

Also yeah as I said before the Falcon not only looks cleaner than the TMZ pic, with the white and red paintjob it looks cleaner than it ever did in the old movies. It looks new. Is this possibly a new ship with the same design?

[​IMG]

13. Oswald1901

Oswald1901 Jedi Padawan

Oct 7, 2013
    I'm not one to believe that JJ/Disney is going for some over-arching, GoT-type epic universe for Star Wars, pulling on old EU material, BUUUUT...Wasn't there a rumor a long time ago saying a planet that has only been mentioned, not seen in the films would make an apperance?

14. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    I could make a Dewback joke, but I'm way too classy for that.

On the topic of the "cleaner" falcon (it could be due to the picture quality), I would LOVE to see the falcon get that fresh paint/clean job it totally deserves. It could even be a plot point in the movie that the "bucket of bolts" gets an update to bring it into the modern era.

15. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Maybe this is a shot from the end of the movie? It's like when R2 was filthy and destroyed at the end of ANH and then he shows up at the very end all shiny and new. Imagine the Falcon crashes and it's a smashed up wreck, at the end of the movie Han is all depressed I lost my ship :( then Luke comes up "we have a surprise for you buddy" they turn a corner and there is the Falcon! looking shiny and completely new! The audience cheers "I owe you one!" Yay!

16. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Does anyone know, Do they film on the Weekends ?

17. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    Probably not

18. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Actually , they may well do. Depends on the production.

Import_Jedi and Darth Malgus like this.
  19. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I remember hearing that they have been filming on some weekends, at least.

20. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    How much longer do you think JJ and company will be filming star wars episode 7 and when they wrap will they announce it on starwars.com, star wars twitter, star wars face book, or on bad robot twitter? I would think they are almost done filming, may be by the end of October, THE FINISH LINE IS NEAR........

21. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    it should be at the end of October and movies like this they usually announce when filming is done.

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    May we be so lucky as to receive half of this on the final day of shooting:
    [​IMG]

TK327, Darth Chiznuk , TheBBP and 2 others like this.
  23. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    hopefully it's the upper half.;)

24. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Is that photo of Rick McCallum and Darth Vader from the last day of the film shoot of Episode 3 ?? Oh, and the Emperor, my bad I did not see him in the photo at first.

25. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

Yes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.