main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Filming at Cardington Sheds - Yavin 4 back for Episode IX?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ender_and_Bean, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    whostheBossk and TadoFett like this.
  2. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Lando's base of operations in the Outer Rim?

They're going to need something big for a star ship hanger and the outside was all set dressing, CGI extensions and mattes previously anyway.

3. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    In the old EU (Legends), wasn't Yavin 4 (the temple in particular) where Luke established his Jedi Academy.

I would love this to be the case with 9 where we see some flashbacks of some sort of Luke training his students at this temple before he ups roots and takes his students to whatever planet we briefly saw them on in TLJ.

I'm not sure why else they (the Resistance or anyone else) would be there when the secrecy surrounding this location has long expired; in respect of places where The First Order would look for the remnants of the Resistance. That's of course if these sheds are only ever used for the Yavin 4 temple location.

I must say this is exciting news and the start of a very long year and a half. At least its something for now.

4. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    In the spirit of good old fashioned idle speculation, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Cardington Sheds set will be the the realisation of this McQuarrie design.

[​IMG]
    The interior of which will also draw from this McQuarrie piece.

[​IMG]

5. The Wrens of Night

The Wrens of Night Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 14, 2017
    Luke founded his academy on Yavin IV only to find out that ol' Exar Kun was hanging around all ghost-like there, leading to the death of Gantorris and his three-length lightsaber, the corruption of Kyp Duron, and Luke falling into a coma (sort of like Professor X in every X-Men movie to get the mega-powered being out of the way). That picture above of the temple on the Lake was fully realized in Star Wars:Galaxies, although I don't remember what planet it was on. Luke was hanging out there, though.

Would love to see the Resistance back on Yavin IV. Not sure why the FO would think to look there, they didn't know anything about Crait until DJ sold the Resistance out. And there should be a zillion places friendly to the Republic that the Resistance could hide - Corellia, Chandrilla, Mon Cal, etc. - tiny Yavin in the middle of nowhere is a great place.

6. The Wrens of Night

The Wrens of Night Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 14, 2017
    [​IMG]
    Temple of Exar Kun from Yavin IV in SW: Galxies

7. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Might be nothing, but Poe was said to have grown up on Yavin. Something that should still be there as far as I know is the Force Tree that Luke gave Shara Brey for assisting him in Shattered Empire. Luke took one of the trees and gave another one to Her. She was shown planting it at the end of the comic.

8. Generational Fan

Oct 21, 2015
    I would really love to see those McQuarrie pieces come to life in 9

9. The Last Cookiemonster

The Last Cookiemonster Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2017
    I think maybe the first level of Jedi Academy ends there.

10. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    For those who have read The Shattered Empire comic, there should be an object of Floral origin still present on Yavin. :)

TadoFett likes this.
  11. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Maybe the Yavin Temple is a Whill Temple?

Generational Fan likes this.
  12. The Last Cookiemonster

Dec 27, 2017
    Maybe the Yavin temple is where Rey has a vision of meeting Luke, only to find it in ruins and told by his fading-ghost that there's nothing there and that the force is dying since he executed Darth Vader, only to then be chased by Kylo into the world between worlds entrance there and emerge onto another Yavin in the real Star Wars galaxy where Luke runs a successful Jedi Academy, opening up the new fallen galaxy vs true galaxy conflict which will define the next era of Star Wars. ;)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    Generational Fan likes this.
  13. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    Yeah, that's something that I've thought about. Or at least, the possibility that it was contemporaneous to the Jedha temple, or some of the older ruins on Jedha.

14. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  15. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    i agree, the sheds can be used for a lot of different settings, a lot of movies have used this location and you wouldnt recognize it. So i suppose it just fits for whatever JJ has in mind and will be turned into something specific for a couple of scenes.

And i doubt JJ would revisit Yavin IV again when he was already attacked for rehashing the OT in TFA and there's nothing storywise that NEEDS Yavin IV and couldnt be done on a different planet.

Last news was filming wouldnt start before the very end of july so i suppose that last week of july/first week of august is when the fun comes in!

16. The Last Cookiemonster

Dec 27, 2017
    Nah it's my own stupid wishful thinking for how they could 'save' all the mistakes of this franchise by making the current galaxy a fallen galaxy where Anakin didn't bring balance to the force leading to new Sith, Luke kills his darkside family members but chickened out on sleeping Kylo, angry Vader ghost wants revenge through Kylo, the force is awakening weird aberrations like Rey stuck with Luke's replayed destiny and broom boy in an attempt to save itself, Snoke somehow fits in neatly there, and Filoni was hinting at this future for Star Wars with Rebels' ending being about how there's infinite worlds and possibilities if a Jedi just opens the door, even getting Palpatine's actor back to voice the lines. ;)

Course it probably won't be anywhere near that coherent, new Lucasfilm unfortunately doesn't seem brave or creative or interested in stories making sense like that.

I even wrote a big dumb outline for how I'd see it going over several movies as they take Star Wars to a new interesting dynamic of successful galaxy vs fallen galaxy, probably the most over the top fan' thing I've ever done, which nobody will ever read. :p

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    Roosterq and Leoluca Randisi like this.
  17. Generational Fan

Oct 21, 2015
    In the vain of wishful thinking, I really hope that the Cardington Sheds will be used as the setting for flashbacks where we will see Luke's Jedi Academy and Luke training students and showing off his Force powers.

And in an opening scene for 9, we have Han flying the Falcon (with young Ben on board) to Yavin 4 and Han delivering his son to Luke for training. We get to see Luke and Han interact once again and we get to see wide-eyed Ben embarking on his Force journey for the first time. This scene would be part of a flashback where Kylo Ren is sitting on board his command ship during a big battle and thinking back to that day. Perhaps its because of someone (maybe a past friend) in the battle that was there that day and he has to give the order to destroy the ship that person is on.

I really hope its the Jedi Academy scenario.

18. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    I suspect all this will end up in another cartoon series. TCW fixed a lot of what people hated about the PT, and I expect the same will be the case with the void between VI and VII