main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Final Confirmation of date and time of watching ATOC together

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by NodNarbOen, May 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NodNarbOen

NodNarbOen Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 20, 2002
    OK pple... requested by DE, and so I felt that this IS neccessary... since there's not much days left to the opening of AOTC.. :D

Let's use this thread to confirm the date, time and location that we're watching... I don't know abt u guys, but I'm watching at least a few times, so the date doesn't really matters... But I would choose 16 May 12:00am at probably one of the central theaters...

2. Darth_Destructo

Darth_Destructo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    16 05 2002
    0000hrs

TAMPINES, lah! Please lah!
    Or downtown also can lah..

3. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    I prefer downtown too, watching on the eve rite 15th May. But how about we watch on the 16th itself as well because i think some pple may not be able to make it so late.

4. hazellukeyang

hazellukeyang Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 26, 2001
    Places for us to choose:

Rido
    GV Great World City
    Eng Wah Suntec
    GV Plaza Singapora

What else?

I prefer 16 May evening, bos my boss just told me I might not be able to take leave that day. :( Besides, my husband will lock me in the house if I said I want to watch midnight show. :(

I want FREEDOM!!

5. Delight

Delight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Suntec please...

I second the midnight 16 May screening for the following reasons

(1) How many times do you get to do thi in your life?

(2) Then you can go to school/office on Thursday feeling so good because you know that you can watch it again later that evening, and friday, and saturday, and sunday...

(3) We will have wednesday eveinng to scare the rest of the world with our Star Wars antics (costume parade) ;)

Now we need to find someone with a valid credit card/willing to queue for hours for (about twenty?) tickets!

6. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    I'm not sure if I can make it on 15/5 before midnight cause my family starting to frown of me coming home late these few occasions (one was for the TRU Midnight Sale, other cause of Prom). Unless someone is willing to send me home after that. :p

And you all must keep in mind that some people here got to go to the Zouk SW party on 15/5. :p

May 16th evening seems a better option, especially for those working and schooling. How about around the 6pm show? (heehee, those got school the next day better finish your homework first, eh?)

Location . . . Lido is where I'll vote for first and then comes the rest like Suntec, Orchard Cineplex etc. GV Grand, donno leh, cause it's slightly away from the town area (aka Orhard).

How about organizing 2 time slots to fit everyone? One at 12am 15/5 and other the next day at 6pm Lido?

Another thing is, you all want to book the whole cinema or just a block of the seats?

7. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    Yup, DE, that sounds logical, preparing for two time slots.

Lido for the 6pm, 16/5 show then.
    _____ for the 12am 16/5 show?

And booking the whole fr*cking cinema? [face_shocked]

8. NodNarbOen

NodNarbOen Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 20, 2002
    Yeah.. I second watching it on 2 time slots... it'll be fair to those who have to either study or work on 16/5... :)

I'm fine with any location for the midnight movie... as long as it's one of the cinemas at Orchard :)

9. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Ok..for me, I'm absolutely fine with Thursday evening. But, if all of you are going for the midnight one, then I'd try my best to go too, cos like Delight says, how many times can u do this? 8-}

For midnight screening, I probably would need transport home..but dunno if any of u can provide. So still must think over that one.. :confused:

I'd prefer the central cinemas.. PS, Suntec, Lido are all fine with me =).

Btw, are we planning to parade in our costumes at midnight or on thurs evening? (or both? haha) :)

10. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    I can't make it for any midnight showings...the 'once-in-a-lifetime' argument doesn't work... :(

11. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    JediClare - Hmm..no other way to persuade ur mum?

Btw everyone, since the Premiere is around the corner, I think we need more immediate contacts than just this forum board. I propose that we give each other our mobile or home phones. Those who don't feel secure need not do so, but those who can then just post them here I guess..

I'll start off with mine.

Chen Ted Kwan
    Hp: 97683816

:D

12. Darth_Destructo

Darth_Destructo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    Delight, you can say 'fricking' here... ;)

Anywaysssssssssss,
    I'm okay either way, but I much prefer the midnight one... [face_vampire]

Heck, I'll take both. [face_plain]

Uh, who can buy the tickets?
    To be fair, I suggest meeting this 'kind soul' in advance and paying him/her for the tickets in ca$h, just to show how sincere we are. I mean, this way, he/she would feel safer. :)
    Easy to say right? ;)

I mean, it's just this one time now, because we hardly know each other, later, when we're 'buddy buddy', it'll be better. ;)

Ok, I will sut up now.

Bye.

D'oh!

13. hazellukeyang

Aug 26, 2001
    ok, two shows:

midnight 15 May, Lido

evening(7pm maybe) 16 May, Suntec?

14. lukedecop

Apr 25, 2002
    I am fine with Lido on the 15 but can we watch at orchard cineplex or Great World GV on 16?

15. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I'm fine with both dates..but where's Great World GV? Is it far away?

16. lukedecop

Apr 25, 2002
    Its near Zouk and Orchard MRT. They have a MEGA screen there shape in a stadium curve shape but i think somebody complain before that the screen got some lighting problem (hope they fix it). Orchard Cineplex is gd because they have THX (under George Lucas) and Dobly as well.

17. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Is Great World GV next to an MRT station?

Btw, Luke, got a personal message for u abt the costumes.

18. lukedecop

Apr 25, 2002
    Have to take bus there about three bus stop away from orchard MRT.
    Ya about the costume, have u called?

19. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Check ur Private Messages :D

20. DarthSyn

DarthSyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2002
    it has got to be lido... gv is out cos u can't choose the seats.. and cathay.well...aint too bad but screen not as big and sound not as loud...

i have oredi gotten a fren on red alert.. once details on the advance bookin is out.he will fly down and grab 20 ticks... but can't really gaurantee cos LOTR ticks were sold out the moment they were released for advance bookin...i wonder how?

as for 3 who r goin to zouk.. we can always adjorn to Lido at about 11 odd? i got transport :)

21. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Haha..it's so good being an adult (kidding). Zouk and all that..~ :D

22. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    ::Sulks in a corner::

:p :D ;)

23. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    are we so certain that the cinemas we love (lido) will have the midnight screening?

24. bed_speling

bed_speling Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2002
    I'm getting lost here. Can I confirm that the following is the plan?

Zuok- Wednesday (15 May) night
    Lido- Wednesday (15 May) midnight

25. hazellukeyang

Aug 26, 2001
    I will be very happy using my creditcard to do the booking, but I am really confused now. Shall I book both Lido and another cinema? And if we can choose seats at Lido, how am I going to choose all the seats for everybody? I mean every one has their own fav seat.

Think again, maybe I just book the 16th evening one. I can't make the midnight show anyway.

Now:

People who will go both at 15 and 16:

Lukedecop
    Delight
    Darth_Destructo
    JaZzYjazz

People who will go 15 midnight only:

NodNarbOen

People who will go 16 evening only:

Darth_Eagle
    Hazle
    JediClare

Darthsyn and bed_speling, how about you? Anyone else?

Regarding to my LOTR experience, the booking job is not a easy one. I have a bad feeling about this. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.