main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Final Fantasy Saga (FF7 Rebirth Spoilers TAGGED)

Discussion in 'Community' started by jedi_john_33, Mar 8, 2005.

1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Guys guys... I finished part 1 of FFVII

:(

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    [​IMG]

Lordban and Sinrebirth like this.
  3. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
  4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Good, now it'll be more impactful when they don't do it in R2. :p

Man, I remember when I thought that could be a huge potential twist for the remake and now it just feels like coin flip odds.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    FatBurt and Sinrebirth like this.
  5. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah I think with the way Remake ended, the stuff about alternate timelines and fate and all that... it's definitely heading towards being able to save Aerith (and yes, I made sure to rename her that when the damn game tried to call her Aeris).

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  6. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    They should just go full Wheel of Time and have Cloud experience thousands of possible scenarios where Aerith lives, Aerith dies, Cloud kills Aerith, Aerith kills Cloud, Sephiroth kills Cloud, Cloud kills Tifa, Yuffie kills Cait Sith, Papa loves mambo, the works.

Lordban and TiniTinyTony like this.
  7. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Nah, you'd have 10 games where nothing happens.

Then the original team all die off and some poor lot of devs have to somehow finish it.

8. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I'm not saying it's all fully playable, you do it as a montage cutscene and then use that as an excuse for a five year in-universe time skip during which Sephiroth actually did cast Meteor and blew up half the planet or something. TO BE CONTINUED.

Then the entire third game is fixing the timeline. You were those weird ghosts all along! This culminates in the diabolical maneuver they always had planned: Final Fantasy VII Re-remake.

9. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    2.8 Final Mix

Ramza likes this.
  10. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    It turns out the correct way to pronounce "mako" was actually "key."

solojones likes this.
  11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I mean you're telling me that Sephiroth isn't time-travelling down his own timeline via the Jenova cells in Cloud?

A la Xehanort?

solojones and Ramza like this.
  12. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    That will be the initial explanation, but then it'll turn out Sephiroth is just nanomachines and hypnosis except for one cutscene where it actually was the real Sephiroth. Then it'll turn out that as long as people have the fear of death in their hearts, Sephiroth will always return, so Cloud has to become a door to hold back the destruction.

I need another overwritten video game plot twist... uh... also there's a counter-Earth. And an entire party that was on that Earth acting against your party. You team up with them to realize Cloud actually shouldn't become a door but instead has to merge the twinned earths back together, restoring their original form. Of course, this is ultimately only one node in the Amala Network, rendering all of your struggles meaningless. The real protagonist was actually that goofy reporter character, who is the main hero of Final Fantasy III but cleverly disguised via a goatee and a yellow plaid suit. No, the Famicom version of Final Fantasy III.

solojones likes this.
  13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    What do you say to the belief that the trio from Advent Children were attempting to stop you breaking the timeline in Whisper form?

14. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Honestly, I understood that about as well as I actually understand KH. Even though I love it, I have no idea what's going on :p

Sinrebirth likes this.
  15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    (ff7r) couple of in-game items that were previously only available via codes on butterfinger candy bars are now free, in ps store:

digital edition's also on sale, best price since launch.

16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Thanks, grabbed those.

I am at the end of Disc 2, so I am hitting the endgame I believe... Hopefully I will be able to beat the final bosses and stuff because I haven't really been grinding or doing many sidequests. But we shall see.

17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, depends - it's FF - There are bosses and then there are superbosses.

18. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I mean, I just want to beat the main story. So hopefully I can do that?

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    It's been years since I played FF7. Look at it this way - you are going to find out.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  20. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Haha yeah well I have plenty of saves so I can go back to one of those and grind if needed.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Also always a good idea - many saves.

Ahsoka's Tano and solojones like this.
  22. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Welp, I finished Midgar tonight in one go. Didn't die so hopefully that's a good sign for the final disc. I am going in maybe tomorrow.

23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Btw according to the FF app, today is also Cloud's bday. He is evidently a year older than I.

24. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I've made three runs at it, but I still keep dying at One Winged Angel. I think I was close last time, but I got a surprise supernova that wiped my team :( I am gonna try again tonight, but I honestly don't know if I can beat this last run of bosses ... Well, at least the final Sephiroth battle that is.

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    The key thing about supernova is that it always leaves the party with a minute amount of HP. You just need to be prepared to quickly cure the party before he attacks again. I know how it looks like the world's cheapest boss move, but there is a strategy to it.