main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Final Fantasy Saga (FF7 Rebirth Spoilers TAGGED)

Discussion in 'Community' started by jedi_john_33, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    They spun out a development team and then remerged them when the economy started to get tight, I don’t think “did away with” is accurate. More like “successfully leveraged a tax break.”

Jedi Ben likes this.
  2. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Well I’ll be really hesitant to get anything else out of them. They make pretty looking sith but sith it is.

3. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    They finally did something about the default font for the FF1-6 Pixel Remasters. Which is add an optional pixel font.

Now if only they could get their act together regarding the physical edition that sold out immediately.

Trailer (video)

FINAL FANTASY Pixel Remaster series on PS4 and Nintendo Switch | Square Enix Blog
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2023
    Ramza likes this.
  4. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Look I’m too lazy to actually make it, but that bullet point list is precisely in the Vince McMahon reaction meme order for me, goddamn.

5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    FF XVI State of Play tomorrow.

That is all.

heels1785 likes this.
  6. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    So yeah, that was quite the presentation.

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I haven't got the chance to see it, but XVI isn't another boys night out game like the previous one was in the franchise, is it?

8. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I hope not.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  9. MagnarTheGreat

Jul 21, 2016
    I believe they intend to have an AI-controlled female guest character or two like Aranea Highwind in Final Fantasy XV but you only play as one (male) character in FFXVI (unless they later update/patch that out like they did for XV later on). Which I believe betrays the spirit of FF established as a party-based role-playing game, not a character-action game, but they seem to be chasing a very different audience nowadays when you compare it to the above Pixel Remasters that I posted in far more ways than one.

10. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I’m not wild about one person in a FF game. I hated only being able to control that one dude in broken 15 and i really don’t want that again ugh.

11. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    We’re spoiled for party based JRPGs these days so I don’t care if SE wants to get freaky with one of their two main franchises. Just so long as they don’t **** with the good one.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2023
    Jedi Ben likes this.
  12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Eh whatever. I wasn't ready to jump on the XV bandwagon until at least a few years after its release. I just wasn't enamored by the characters from the trailers at the get-go. I'll save my money for the FF game that I'm really looking forward to, VII: Rebirth.

13. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Wow that was a hell of a presentation. I might skip Diablo 4 for it now if i finish Jedi: Survivor by FF16 release.

That being said the games proper title:

Final Fable 16: Witcher May Cry

If the dog dies in the end we riot.

Also really not a fan on the one person thing combat with AI, I miss FF parties. Maybe 17 will be a return to form.

Still looks absolutely amazing.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  14. MagnarTheGreat

Jul 21, 2016
    Companies keep doing re-release cash grabs (or the original release was the incomplete beta test depending on how you look at it) plus free patches so we're all probably better off holding off on big releases for a couple of years anyway...

Dragon Quest XI -> Dragon Quest XI S
    Persona 5 -> Personal 5 Royal
    Final Fantasy XV -> Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition
    Horizon Zero Dawn -> Horizon Zero Dawn Complete

...and so on.

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Truth be told, I actually did buy the Royal Edition when it was on sale on PSN a few years ago.

16. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Well f a duck I just watched this portion of the SoP…it looks jamazing! Really looking forward to the Esper fights but I dislike them being called Icons even though it can easily fit I reckon. I’m certainly not to keen on just one character but the way this one is played it fits. I just don’t like the departure of the bond building with a cast of characters it really seems unFFlike preplay. We ll see how it goes come this June though.

Looks solid and I’m hoping for some cool haptic stuff. They didn’t say anything about that iirc.

I bet the GB is going to be massive…

Jedi Ben likes this.
  17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Probably in the 90-110 GB I reckon, with Kraken at work in the PS5.

18. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Really hoping that Icons have a high count like in FF8 rather than just a handful like FF15.

Hell idk in almost 300 hours if I even triggered all 6 or not….

Happy the hunters board is back.

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I know I didn't care all that much for XV's story, but I'd certainly admit that the free roaming aspect in its huge open world is addicting. I'm really looking forward to what VII: Rebirth will have to offer; as I'd imagine Cloud and company will get to explore the open world much more than in the previous game, where you were limited to Midgar. You don't have to worry about having to find spots to grind.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2023
    heels1785 likes this.
  20. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    The continent was indeed nice….I just wish the others could have been open too. Those rails were so narrow.

I saw what I thought was an airship in 16. Man I’d be so happy if they went back to the series roots and gave us one to control but suspect that ain’t so.

The Regulus jet was ultimately a stinker imo.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    The jet was fun except for landing the thing!

FF XV also did night time really well, with a major sense of increased jeopardy.

Ahsoka's Tano and JEDI-SOLO like this.
  22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    In case you didn't know, XV had it's own "airship", converted from the Regalia.

23. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    I thought all the effort on the open world really hurt the story in all honesty, there just wasn’t much of it, until the clearly super rushed and not at all explained back half of the game.

Im not asking for a hallway simulator like FF13 but them being focused on telling a much more substantive and linear narrative in 16 makes me quite happy.

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I never thought using "linear" and "happy" in the same sentence referring to a Final Fantasy game would be relevant. Think XIII, for instance.

25. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    FF games are a lot more linear than people remember. Those that have open worlds? They'll probably be smaller than you recall too.

FFX is linear and is still an excellent game. One that took the turn based combat as far as it could, cue FFXII and other games attempts to get to a more real time system.

FFXIII gets a lot of undeserved flak.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2023