main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Final Fantasy Saga (FF7 Rebirth Spoilers TAGGED)

Discussion in 'Community' started by jedi_john_33, Mar 8, 2005.

1. NinjaFox

NinjaFox Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    Yeah each game is completly seperate from the others.

- If the older FF games were remade to be the same quality as FFX would you buy them?
    I read a long time ago in PSM that square was going to do this, doubt they ever will though. I'd buy them if they did though, playing X and then going back to VIII makes you see how far they've come in a few years.

2. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Tidus's version of Spira never existed, he was a dream of the faith as was Jetch.

I thought it did exist far in the past, and was destroyed in the war that made the Calm Lands. Then all the fayth did their dreams to keep Zanarkand alive.

3. pgoodyea

pgoodyea Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2004
    I like the theory that "Tie-dus'" version of Spira existed in the past, but was destroyed. While playing the game that was what I assumed until all the confusing bits about the faith(sp?) and their dreams.

I really don't like mini games all that much, which doesn't bode well for FFX-2. At times they can be very entertaining, but they ultimately serve no purpose except to tease you into playing for an extra 1-50hrs depending on the mini game to obtain some special item. I mean did anyone play more than a few games of that water football game in FFX. That mini game was also really deep in terms of trading players and increasing their skills.

I played FFX first before returning to FFVII, which was quite a shock in terms of difference in technology. If Square remade the first few FF games with today's level of technology I would definately play them.

I hope the PSP gets a brand new FF game.

Also, isn't FFXII and stand alone game or is it some type of sequel to one of the previous installments?

4. NinjaFox

Feb 14, 2005
    I thought that Tidus's version of Spira existed too until I played X-2. There is a war between 2 countries(Zanarkand and the capital forget the name) going on that makes Spira the way it is now (causing SIN and all) but Tidus never mentions anything about a war only that SIN desroyed everything. So that's why I don't think Tidus's version was ever real.

I heard that XII has the same type of setting as the FF game for gameboy SP or w/e the newest one is called.

5. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    I know all FFs are different, but there must be something they have in common besides the title and Chocobos :p

6. NinjaFox

Feb 14, 2005
    Uhh the main guy usually has a bad ass sword and all the magic is the same (fire, fira firaga, water, ultima etc.)

7. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    Turn based battle system. Minigames that you need to do to get the best weapons. Optional bosses that are 50x harder than the storyline bosses.

8. NinjaFox

Feb 14, 2005
    There's usually a couple of the same monsters cactors, tonberries and moogles (not really a monster) Oh and the money is always called gil.

9. Sithlord-Boo

Sithlord-Boo Jedi Master star 2

Jan 29, 2003
    They all have a character named Cid in the games

10. NinjaFox

Feb 14, 2005
    I forgot about the Cid thing.

Who do you think is the best Cid? I've only played VII - X-2 so the best Cid IMO is the one from VII.

11. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    They all also have Biggs and Wedge(excluding IX), and that's one of the best IMHO.

Evil.

12. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    There are always summon monsters, though their implementation differs. They feature Ifrit, Shiva and Bahamut (who is usually the most powerful 'normal' summon).

Always cactuars, and they always level up your weapons/magic/skills the best.

13. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Actually, Summon Monsters did start till 5 or 6.

Evil.

14. Sithlord-Boo

Jan 29, 2003
    The Best Cid is from 9, still the only one i played. I mean hey, he is a cool old man, and he gets turned into a newt(He got better!)

15. majin_yami

majin_yami Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 14, 2004
    It was an Oglop, not a newt. Then he got turned into a frog.

16. NinjaFox

Feb 14, 2005
    Sithlord-Boo you really need to pick up VII and VIII

17. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Best Cid is from VII, no doubt in my mind. The only one that even comes close, IMO, is IV's Cid. Basically, the one's you can actually play as are the best.

18. Sithlord-Boo

Jan 29, 2003
    I know what he got turned into. I was just trying to make a good Monty Python joke. I am sure that my way was better.

19. Tignarius

Tignarius Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2005
    Anybody read much about the movie sequel to FFVII? "Advent Children," it's called. Any opinions?

20. NinjaFox

Feb 14, 2005
    I've seen a couple trailers and tons of images it looks amazing. The release date keeps getting pushed back though.

Here's a good site for AC info
    http://ff7-2.com/

21. Tignarius

Tignarius Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2005
    Thanks for the site. Yeah, the trailers look amazing. I hope that the movie answers a lot of unanswered questions. And, of course, that it has great action.

22. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I want to see more of that summon in the trailers(looks a lot like Bahamut to me).

23. majin_yami

majin_yami Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 14, 2004
    The guy in the white hood better not be Sephiroth or I'll ask for my money back.
    I hate how Square are now milking FFVII for all it's worth. We now have: Advent Children, Before Crisis, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus and, of course, VII itself. VII wasn't even that good a game in the first place. Do yo see them doing this for the oother FF's? Like hell you do. I will get AC though. I like closure for my characters, even if I didn't like them.

24. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Anyone have the FFX version with the Dark Aeons? If so how did you beat Dark Anima, Dark Bahamut, and the Dark Magus Sisters? I am stuck on these... I am also having trouble with Nemesis...

25. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    I'm not sure (I've got the NA version and have never faced Dark Aeons), but I think Zanmato will work on them.

That's if you want to go the cheap, yet ridiculously expensive, way out.