main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Son of the Suns, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    [image=http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000AMJG4Y.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V58456325_.jpg]

Yes, the long, long, long delayed animated sequel to the 1997 videogame Final Fantasy VII will finally be released on DVD this Tuesday.

It's been nearly 2 years since I first saw the trailer to this film. It was one of the most amazing trailers I had ever seen. The CG animation was beyond anything that I had witnessed on film or in games. And that amazing glimpse of the fight sequence between Cloud and Sephiroth set to the cue "One Winged Angel"... wow! I simply cannot wait to see this movie. :D

In the meantime, [link=http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=21290]here's[/link] a positive review of the film and DVD.

2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I saw the Japanese version. Very disappointing if you're looking for any sort of real story.

3. Rouge Null

Rouge Null Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I'm considering renting this tomorrow, but I prefer my action movies to have a semi-decent story to go with them, unless the action more than makes up for it. Any opinions?

4. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    My only opinion... It's only worth something if you've played FFVII. Otherwise there's no point. In fact it's even better if you recently completed it.

But for all those who have played FFVII, this is WELL worth it.

5. Rouge Null

Rouge Null Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    You were right, it wasn't worth it. Not just because I didn't know the backstory, but because it's not a good movie to begin with.

6. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    I would say if you know nothing of the story, you could just watch the action scenes and be happy.

Otherwise it seems bogged down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.