main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Final Fantasy X . . . Help please!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by GoldenVeila, Jan 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldenVeila

GoldenVeila Jedi Master star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    I need advice on how to beat this boss. It is a boss with a very, very powerful aeon that casts a move called Oblivion that kills all the characters at one time without fail. Once I tried to let one of my aeon's take the damage, but then it used the move again! My brother says it isn't supposed to be able to use it again, and that it cancels when it tries to use it. That's how he killed it. Does anyone know any strategy on how to destroy it? The boss's magic attacks kill all my aeons, even if I try to use the magic on itself to heal. Help, please!

(I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I want advice from Force.net people...please don't lock this thread!)

2. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    To beat the boss:

Don't get hit.

Hurt him.

Works everytime! :D

3. GoldenVeila

Aug 16, 2001
    Thanks that really helped. *rolls eyes* :p

4. 1stAD

1stAD Jedi Youngling star 5

May 10, 2001
    Umm, specific names might help. I think you're referring to Seymour's Anima? My advice - level up before fighting our favorite Guado and make sure to get full overdrives for your characters AND Aeons.

5. Theedage

Theedage Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2001
    Another thing to do would be to register at Sony's official online help site, www.playonline.com there you should find your answer (Note: I've not looked myself but I remember using it for FFIX and I did look and they do help with FFX)

Good Luck.

6. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    If you can get Shiva to hit her overdrive twice, you should take care of Anima.

(Speaking of Anima, I just completed the site quest to get him, and his overdrive is AWESOME! Like 70,000 damage!)

7. Theedage

Nov 15, 2001
    No summon will ever beat the coolness of Knights of the Round.

8. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Was it really that cool? I never was able to get it.

9. Theedage

Nov 15, 2001
    It was basically 13 different knights with different attacks all tee-ing up on the monsters wasting 6500-8000 per hit. My favorite was the 11th who had a big axe and just swung back and then drove down like he was splitting wood. Very empowering =]

I wouldn't have had the patience to get it myself, so I had my mom do it for me. What a sweetie eh??? =D

The summon also allows you to kill sephi in one hit (this i didn't like).

However, it does allow you to kill Emerald weapon with Knights of the round, w summon, mp absorb, and 3 mimic materia. This boss has well over 10 million hp. I sat there and calculated the average each time the summon was cast. Took about 20 minutes to kill. Double that if you include the time it took to cast knights of the round.

10. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Anima made the Final Aeon too easy to kill, too. Two overdrives and bam, it's gone.

Oh well, I won't complain. :D

Anima's ovedrive damages all enemies. It does around 65,000-75,000 each. His regular attack does like 15,000 I think.

11. Theedage

Nov 15, 2001
    Did it look cool atleast? Nothing complements a strong attack better then it being performed in some strange way =]

12. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    It was basically a bunch of cool looking medium sized explosions, followed by one huge one.

13. Theedage

Nov 15, 2001
    Blah, sounds like flare from ff3 (american)

14. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    But the coolest part is when the smoke clears and you see how much damage it caused. :)

15. Theedage

Nov 15, 2001
    How much dmg does it do?

16. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    around 70,000. Sometimes more or less. At least 64,000 and no more than 74,000, I'd say.

17. GoldenVeila

Aug 16, 2001
    Yeah it was Seymour but I actually didn't put the boss's name because I didn't want to ruin the plot for anyone. Although, if anyone *couldn't* tell he was evil from the very beginning, then well... :p It was pretty obvious, I think. Anyway, I don't know if I can level up before the battle. Is there anywhere to level up once they find out he is a bad guy and they are inside that temple already? The only thing I can do in advance is buy a lot of items from O'aka. I haven't tried to leave the temple...

18. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Try leaving. That's probably the only way.

I guessed he was evil. His voice, and his hair!

19. GoldenVeila

Aug 16, 2001
    It was his eyes and his smile, mostly, that made me think he was evil. The way he looked at Yuna especially was unsettling. Plus, just the way he talked. Like in the beginning of the first battle with him..*shivers*

Wakka: "You killed him!"
    Seymour: "What of it?" *evil grin*

20. Theedage

Nov 15, 2001
    Yuna sounds out of breath everytime she talks.

21. GoldenVeila

Aug 16, 2001
    Yeah, I know. Especially when she says "Okay." She says it so fast, it's actually kind of funny. It almost sounds like she is sneezing. :D "Okay. Okay. Okay." Say it really fast.

But Wakka is funny too... "They use the forbidden machina, brudda." :) But Tidus... his voice could be better. It's kinda... well, squeaky.

22. E_Greyshadow

E_Greyshadow Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    I found the best way to beat Anima is to let Shiva take care of it for you. Remember these hints and you shouldn't have too much trouble:
    1) Having Shiva cast Blizzara (which Shiva knows automatically) on herself will heal her.

2) Using "Shield" when Anima is about to overdrive will GREATLY reduce the amount of damage taken. To use shield, press to the right from Attack.

Barring a bit of healing and a couple of hits to build up the meter, just overdrive the hairless son of a jackal into, pardon the pun, Oblivion.

And to answer the question of Yuna's very quick "Okay" responses, remember what the equivalent is in Japanese: "Hai". Very short and abrupt. Therefore, so Square's people didn't have to change every single instance Yuna says okay, they just had the voice actress say it very quickly and curtly.

23. Theedage

Nov 15, 2001
    The voices over all were a great addition...... however IN GAME voices are just plain annoying. If you could turn them off in game I'd be a more happy happy joy joy gamer =]

24. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    You know what I'd love to know? What that darn ending means! Ugh.... my head hurts from thinking about it.

25. Theedage

Nov 15, 2001
    Heh, I can imagine though I have yet to see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.