main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Finally, Aliens in the Empire Part 3? Handley and Peña are on a Roll!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Plaristes, Aug 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Referring to yourself as GAJesty and referring to the Emperor's Trueborn son as a Usurper?
    Making a play for the Imperial throne yourself, aren't you? You are just a warlord after all.

Especially since I have it on good authority that despite you mockery of "rimkin", you were yourself born on a world in the Outer Rim...of a completely different galaxy to boot. Furthermore, there are rumors that you gave yourself the title of Grand Admiral - what have you to say about these allegations?

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Actually quite untrue, although I should know better than to expect truth from a so-called mercenary.

If you'll consult the historical archive known as "An Empire Divided," Jello is a loyal citizen of the Empire born on the planet Naboo -- His Majesty's own homeworld! Moreover, such was his close association with the Emperor that Jello was given the greatest distinction and honor His Imperial Majesty the Galactic Emperor could bestow...

Evidence: [​IMG]

3. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Do...do you keep that screenshot on hand for just such an occasion?

(Also, I see you are quite the swordsman)

...and "so-called" Mercenary? Are you saying that I am not really a mercenary? Cause that is not something people pretend to be to legitimize their point.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    Back on the topic of the article: Sephi have become the go-to race to explain point ears, and I don't mind that at all since I like the comic they originally appeared in a lot, but I do wonder how to explain why so many of those retconned to be Sephi have white-human skin tones when the originals had purple skin.

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Well it's more that you're self-proclaimed mercenary -- what sort of person would announce his status as such?

And I keep that image close to my heart. It is my single greatest accomplishment. It is made the more singular because the developers patched away that ability. I was quite possibly the only person to succeed in such a lofty task. If course I would immortalize it. It, after all, will ensure my glory shall continue for ever.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  5. Eyrezer

Eyrezer Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    "You kiss the Emperor gently on the lips"?? Jeez.

6. Bly

Bly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    I imagine Mike Hoare did, considering how he came by his prominence way back in the day. :p

Or Bob Denard too, but he's less of a gentlemanly sort.

7. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Jealousy is unbecoming.

8. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Everyone did it. It was a way to get ahead in the Imperial Court.

Halagad_Ventor, Eyrezer and Cronal like this.
  9. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Lies. It was the rarest and highest of honors.

10. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Did your character get the exalted rank of Emperor's Lips?

11. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
  12. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Why be the lips when you can attain the legendary rank of Emperor's Nostril? It is of the highest honor to be a Nostril of Palpatine.

Halagad_Ventor likes this.
  13. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    But which nostril? Left or right? Are the nostrils cleaned equal?

14. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I thought that was the name of one of his hypothetical superweapons? :D

15. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    The right side of the nostril is a pathway to many abilities that some consider to be unnatural.

But you can't learn this power from Palpatine's lips and thigh.

Cronal likes this.
  16. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    The highest echelons of the Secret Order are just that. Secret. [face_shhh]

Halagad_Ventor likes this.
  17. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Fifty Shades of Grey(-skinned Emperor Lovin')

18. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Curse you, now I can't look at that picture without hearing that song from Ferris Beuler's Day Off in my head as Jello and the Emperor make out. Curse you.

19. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Why not? It is honest work. More honest than being an Imperial Officer anyway.

Methinks the Emperor himself ordered that ability patched away.

As GK-709 pointed out, it is a major breech of protocol.

Assuming this isn't just holoshopped anyway. And even then it doesn't prove you were born on Naboo (where is the birth certificate Jello?) and that isn't a Grand Admiral uniform.:p

I couldn't decide which response was funniest so I tried them all.

The Empire has so many secret agencies and super weapons that there is bound to be some reuse of names.

20. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    And, well, His Imperial Majesty only has so many body parts...

21. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I. There's nothing honest about being a mercenary. I'd call then the lowest form of life, but that slot is filled by Mandalorians.

II. That was before my promotion. I was born near Moenia, Naboo. I left when I learned that the town was favored of rebel anarchists and the like, and moved to a household near Kaadara. I maintained frequent contact with the Emperor's Retreat, performed missions for the patriotic Queen Kylantha, and attempted to woo Senator Pooja Naberrie. I also performed errands for Thrawn on occasion, then a mere captain. That guy was mental.

And those were the days before I was a grand admiral. SWG was a prequel.

CooperTFN likes this.
  22. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    True.

Plus, no one was afraid of the Tibia of Palpatine, even after see what it did to people.

Hey now, let's not get ungentlemanly with undue Mandolorian comparisons.

Nothing more honest really - the sheer joy of flying, traveling the galaxy and experiencing all its wonders, free as a mynock. Most importantly though, since I choose my missions, I never have to go against my conscious - never blow up some refugees and pretend its all for the best because someone with a fancier uniform than mind said so.

I am actually going to drop the in-character sniping and say I am impressed with the level of detail you put into you online persona.

Also that I am again sad that I never got around to playing SWG - always wanted to make a Teras Kasi master/fighter pilot.

23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    May I suggest that we declare the word mandalorian to be the Star Wars analogue to our vandal [= a person who needlessly destroys or damages other people's property]

24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Isn't it already?

Merc Ace -- well, it's fairly easy. I take what I did in SWG and simply add a dollop of creativity to it. I was role playing most of the time anyway; that sort of thing was essential in a game with limited dialogue like SWG. Plus the role players were more fun than the XP grinders anyhow.

It actually works together fairly well. I picked Naboo as my starting planet since it was the Loyalist one. I picked Moenia bc it was the only city open to new people at the time. And then I left because it was the only rebel city on the planet. It also just so happens that people from that region of Nabok look like me, and so... a legend was born.

That's the kind of thing that separates SWG from TOR I think.

MercenaryAce and jSarek like this.
  25. Halagad_Ventor

Halagad_Ventor Star Wars Author - SWRPG Designer star 4 VIP

Jul 3, 2001
    I wouldn't say the Sith amulet aspect outright overwrites the previous explanation. I suppose, at this point, you can play it as you like it.

Ah, you caught me. What can I say....

Actually, it's slightly more complicated than that. I'll explain more in time.

Rich and I sometimes wrote dueling captions. In this case, I won. :cool:

That was very much a meta-wink. It's a big galaxy. We just seem to see the same original trilogy species over and over for some odd, unfathomable reason.

Yes, but ... what makes you think they're not all related?

*cough*Cult Encounters!*cough*

Actually, the Rozzum have officially been around for some time. It's just no one seemed to notice. If you check the languages listed under the Jedi Shadow template in the Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide, you'll find the first shout out I gave them.

Well, we might even say it's especially the little things. We all appreciate those kinds of affectionate details.

Thanks for the enthusiasm, Cronal. ;)

What's more, that first line is written in a rather simple, OOU way. It was thoroughly intentional for it to be an eye-grabber, but explainable in just the way GAJ did.

I see what you mean. Well, for now just keep in mind that Sly Moore was overseeing the work of Hoole and Gog.

And I am glad for that. Thanks for the kinds words, Cap'n!

In a perfect world, my friend.... A perfect world.

I'm of the opinion that it was all quite ambiguous with almost incalculable political machinations. Keep in mind that three of the Reborn Emperor's dark side adepts -- Sarcev Quest, Nefta and Sa-Di -- were on the inside of the Imperial Ruling Council, and thus anything the body did was arguably -- and, more likely, directly -- manipulated by Palpatine.

Precisely.

Yes, I tend to see that as the exception to the rule. Sarcev Quest was his oldest dark side confidant, from his days as a senator of the Old Republic. That's an important component of how the Reborn Emperor got hoodwinked.

Take care,
    Abel

Cronal, Iron_lord, Havac and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.