main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Beyond - Legends Finding Completion. L/M. Post 2 on October 6.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Sep 29, 2013.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    by Nyota's Heart -- Characters: L/M mostly.

Disclaimer: Borrowing for fun and squee!

A/N: Sequel to Too Close to Wanting, where Luke stays on Correllia to train & Mara continues as a trader/employee of Karrde's. This takes place 15 months later.

~~~

Prologue

Mara was dreaming. She knew this instinctively. Or was it a Force vision? She never was prone to these, even in her Imperial days, and after Endor, she tenaciously eschewed anything that might bring her visions of the future. The past haunted her enough.

At this time, though, she was seeing Luke, but oddly enough, she couldn't interact with him.

First she saw him involved in a fierce blaster-fight in a spaceport. She tried to call out a warning but the scene shifted to one where ...

Luke was talking heatedly with a brunette woman with hazel eyes. He looked older than now, in some indefinable way. Some of the innate humor had gone out of those blue eyes.

"Siara, your father always has something snide to say and you always treat it as a joke." Luke was saying. "Just once, could you give me some support?"

The lady gave a mock-pout. "Oh, you poor darling." She said sarcastically.

Luke gave a frustrated sigh. "I am beginning to question whether or not we should get married, at all." He admitted.

With this shocking statement, Mara awoke.

Siara ... ah yes. She remembered seeing Luke's name paired with one of the well-situated families on Correliaa, their eldest daughter, specifically. Mara had passed these off as rumors, and told herself staunchly it didn't matter to her in the slightest.

But the way her head was starting to pound and the way her fists reflexively clenched ... gave her away.

+++++

;)

TBC

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Mara should go to Luke and snatch him away from Siara

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  3. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Jealous are we Mara? :p I'm going to die for this but you love Farmboy and it makes you upset that he's seeing someone else, of course it might help that this Siara doesn't seem to be taking Luke's fears/concern seriously.

Sent from my PADD using Tapatalk

"The Starman and Moon Goddess." Han Solo - Dark Angel

4. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Interesting start! And nice to see a negative girlfriend that isn't Callista!

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks very much to all who read and/or reviewed:

Lady_Misty --- earlybird-obi-wan

Tarsier ;) ---

~~~~~~

Mara's heels clicked purposefully along the corridors of the Lyseum on Correllia. The message had been urgent.

It had also been cryptic.

"Please come, as soon as possible. I must see you."

What in blazes couldn't be talked about over the holo-comm? Mara wondered.

The chip with the message burned a hole in her pocket. The sooner she found out, the quicker she could leave.

She had been on edge ever since that weird dream she'd had 2 seven-days ago. And the message had made it worse.

When she stormed into his office, green eyes ablaze with curiosity and near-ire, Luke had to stifle a smile.

"Never could resist a mystery or a challenge, huh, Jade?"

"Cut the attempt at flattery, and tell me what the point is, if there is one." She snarked.

He laughed outright.

How he had missed her.

"I was in a little bit of an accident about ten days ago. A contact on a world seeking to join the New Republic was confronted by some slime-devils who wanted to stay on the fringes. And ..."

"Naturally, you had to step in and help out." Mara tried to sound scornful, but her admiration peeked through anyway.

Luke grimaced. "I had a bacta dunk for my troubles, but at least the world is safely on our side now. While I was under, I had dreams ..."

Mara smirked. "I didn't know that was possible."

"It's not common, but it does happen. They were ... of you. And me, in the most interesting situation."

"What were we doing? Fighting crazy Jedi, or taking down a fleet of battle droids?"

Luke flushed. Neither, actually, he answered silently. He had been sharing a shower with Mara, her touch setting off very realistic sparks in all sorts of locations.

"It was ... more intimate than that." He said.

"My! What would your girlfriend have to say about that?"

"You mean Siara, the one they've been pairing me with in the 'press? I've gone out with her a couple times. I can't put my finger on it, Mara, but we're out of sync somehow."

Mara gave an inward sigh of relief.

At least she didn't have to worry about that.

"I think my dream was trying to tell me something. That, despite how we stand, how we've stood with each other these last 15 months, my feelings for you aren't going anywhere."

Mara would have scoffed, if it were not for her own recent Force-nudge?

She frowned. Then she told Luke about her own dream. "I'm not about to turn my present and future upside down for a dream." She said coolly. "If we start something and it doesn't work out, there goes our friendship. And I'm not having a long-distance relationship, here one week, gone the next. And I'm not ready to stop in one spot, either."

"Wait, where does that leave us then?"

"Right where we were before when we had this conversation." Mara answered, smartly.

Luke moved to her and wrapped an arm around her. He kissed her slowly, finishing by nibbling at her lip suggestively.

Then he trailed kisses to her throat and around to her ear, where he nibbled and gave a gentle blow.

"Then I guess I'll just have to come with you." He grinned.

Mara's tummy had flip-flopped, and her toes curled under his assault.

Now her eyes widened. "You'd do that?"

"Sure. I'm not tied to one spot either. That's the beauty of the Correllian school of Jedi teaching. You can practice what you know anywhere in whatever field you want. You don't have to box yourself into anything."

"Okay. We'll give it six months. I think we'll know by then if it'll work."

Luke gave a very Han-like grin. "I have a strong feeling Mara, we'll know way before then that we will."

++++

Fini...

[face_laugh] Rather like the Zylie/Talon deadline [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved the discussion and the lovely interaction between the two. They were meant for eachother

7. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    Oh I've missed your writing J_e! Or I should say Nyota's Heart (nice name btw!)
    Perfect dialogue between these two.. ;)
    Thanks for that little fic!
    S_M

8. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Force Ghost star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Very nice. I like Luke taking the lead and kissing her.

9. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Is Luke trying to warm Mara up to something? Hee hee hee!

10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Nice to see Luke take the lead like that :) ;)

11. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Awesome! I've always wanted to see Luke turn his life upside-down to be with Mara, instead of the other way around. Now I want to see Luke hanging out with Mara and the rest of Karrde's company! :D

12. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    The first part was wonderful with her ever telling jealousy and the second part was kriffing awesome! Ohhh that kiss was delicious! I loved it and I loved their banter. Just, mmmmmmmmmm =P~ =D=[:D]

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all. And Ashley, [:D] [:D] I am very comfy doing L/M banter - it's woven into the very fabric of their relationship. And their mush -- I cut my writing teeth on it, and one of the reasons why I love reading/writing it is Mara's actions/reactions. [face_thinking]

serendipityaey likes this.
  14. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Wow -- I hadn't found this one till tonight --- that kiss is yummy and then some!

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku likes this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for discovering this Gemma [face_dancing] [face_love] [face_love] Happy to oblige with L/M nummy. ;)

Gemma and K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku like this.
  16. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    Yes, thank you Gemma for discovering this and Nyota's Heart for writing it. Very nicely written, particularly Mara's snark.

Nyota's Heart and Gemma like this.
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku -- thanks [:D] !! Mara's snark is something that defines her LOL and is part of her charm [face_love] and appeal for Luke ;) Her honesty and outspokenness I am sure are refreshing. :)