main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Saga - ST Finish what was begun (Rey, Leia, L/M)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Force Ghost star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    “Rey,” Leia said softly as the Millennium Falcon soared away from the Rebel stronghold on Crait, “The man you met on Ahch-To wasn’t my brother, but Luuke Skywalker…his clone.”

“What?” Rey said in shock. “Why would you give me the coordinates to the island if you knew he wasn’t the real Skywalker?”

Leia looked down to the ground. “He was the Skywalker that built the academy…my brother…my brother went missing shortly after Wayland. It’s a long story, but there were two Luke Skywalker clones on Wayland being controlled by a dark Jedi named Joruus C’Baoth. One of Luke’s friends, a woman named Mara Jade, killed one of the clones and then Joruus. We found the other Luke in a cloning cylinder. Luke wanted him saved. He trained the clone secretly, but then something happened, and Luke disappeared, leaving us with only his clone.”

“What happened?” Rey asked.

Leia heaved a sigh. “He fell in love with Mara Jade. He said she didn’t want to be part of the Jedi and Luke didn’t want to be away from her. He ran off with the woman. Only Han, Mara’s smuggler crew and I knew of the clone’s existence. I was adamant that the Jedi be restored, so I encouraged the clone to do so.”

“But that was a failure,” Rey whispered.

Leia nodded. “It eventually became apparent that the clone was not quite…I guess you can say…his synapses were not wired tightly. He had some mental problems. He was quick to anger, became depressed easily…” Leia trailed off.

“Did you know he tried to kill your son?”

Leia’s eyes went wide. “What?”

“He told me. He sensed darkness in Ben. He went to confront him while your son was sleeping. He ignited his lightsaber but Ben defended himself.”

Leia leaned heavily against the bulkhead of the Falcon. “This is my fault. I should have known he wasn’t right in the head. He went into hiding after the slaughter at the Academy, but there were warning signs before that…signs I either ignored or covered up.”

“What signs?” Rey asked.

“His depression, his insistence on calling his lightsaber a lasersword, and he had some strange quirks when it came to the ladies. He had a thing for Askjian women.”

Rey’s brow furrowed not knowing the species. “What do they look like?”

They are humanoid, they are usually very heavyset, mainly in water weight. They are adapted for desert survival, so they can store gallons and gallons of water in their body making them look obese…but I guess the most remarkable thing about them is their six breasts.”

Rey shuddered, thinking back to Luuke drinking the green milk of a Thala-Siren on Ahch-To’s rocky beaches. “Oh,” Rey said slowly. “That explains a lot of what I saw on the island.” She turned back to Leia. “Can we locate the real Luke Skywalker?”

Leia shrugged. “I don’t know where he is or if he is alive. Nobody knows.”

~Myrkr~

Luke ran a hand down Mara’s body as she lay next to him in bed. “Hey sleepy head,” he whispered as he snuggled up next to her. “We need to wake up. Ben, Kera and the grandkids are visiting today.”

Mara rolled over facing her husband of twenty-five years. Her once bright red-gold hair was now streaked with grey. She reached up and ran a hand across the stubble on Luke’s chin. “You need to shave…you know how much I hate that stubble rubbing against my skin.”

He smirked, his blue eyes twinkling with mischief. “I didn’t hear many complaints last night.” He moved forward and kissed her soundly. “I love you Mara Jade Skywalker.”

She smiled broadly. “And I love you, husband mine. Have you thought about what I talked about? Finally introducing Ben and the grandkids to your sister. You have to miss her?”

He shook his head before sighing. “When I told her that I was giving it all up to be with you she was furious. She said my destiny was to restore the Jedi and you were just a distraction.”

She smiled softly as she ran a hand down his chest. “You have to admit, I can be distracting.”

His grin became almost feral as her hand moved in a southernly direction, past his abdominals. “That you can be.” He grabbed hold of her wandering hands and brought them up to his lips. “As much as I would like to continue our fervent activities of last night. We do need to get ready.”

“Oh okay,” Mara groaned as she rolled out of bed and pulled a bathrobe over her nude form. “Why don’t you want to see your sister. She can’t hate me that much.”

Luke gave a casual shrug as he stood and pulled on his boxerbriefs. “To be honest. I don’t want to get pulled back into that life…the expectations….the Jedi. The last twenty-five years have been the best of my life. The Jedi Order couldn’t stop Emperor Palpatine…another Sith did. Now the Sith and the Jedi are no more. Maybe it's better that way.”

Mara couldn’t argue with that. “You think your sister will try to talk you into finishing what you started?”

He nodded. “Possibly, but she has a son. Let him finish what was begun.”

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    Tarsier, Kahara, Findswoman and 4 others like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    Fantabulous! =D= [face_love] Luke made the right decision. [face_thinking] And a great and plausible explanation for the 'personality' quirks we saw from TFA onward. :p

Kahara likes this.
  3. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  4. amidalachick

amidalachick Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Hey, you didn't warn for Episode 9 spoilers! [face_laugh]:p

This would really explain a lot. I feel bad for Leia not knowing if Luke is even alive, but glad he chose happiness and a family with Mara!

5. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I wish this was EP9. :p It would make a whole lot more sense.

I guess the only thing that might be confusing for the reader is Luke naming his kid Ben also. I figure Ben Skywalker came first even if the name is now legends. I always thought Leia would name a son after Bail Organa.

Although, I don't think it is too weird that she named her kid Ben in the movie. After all, Ben Kenobi was a friend of her father's and it was Ben that helped save her, Han and Luke from the Death Star and scarified his life doing so. There might be some guilt there. She sends droids and a message to Kenobi asking for his help and it results in his death. It is very possible that she would name a kid after him.

Thanks for reading!

Kahara likes this.
  6. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Finally, a good explanation for the behavior we saw in TLJ.:)

Maybe that would bring Luke back; seeing what Ben Solo had become and done to the galaxy. Wonderful work!=D=

Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  7. Kahara

Kahara Force Ghost star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    This does explain a lot about how Luke (sorry, Luuke) changed between trilogies. [face_thinking] And wow, Leia didn't know about the almost-stabbing-her-son thing. That's got to be extremely upsetting! (Speaking of upsetting, I think you maybe just managed to make whole the thala-siren situation WORSE, not better. [face_rofl] But I LOL'd and thus waived my right to complain.) Glad that Luke 1 (Luke Prime? The Original Flavor?) and Mara are having a great life out there, though hopefully he does call his sister back before another few decades go by! :p Even if she's cranky about running everything while he and Mara are really, really enjoying their retirement.

Tarsier and Findswoman like this.