main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

(FINISHED) If The Mask Fits: Chosen One - What if Padme and Anakin despised each other? AU, (2/4)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidala_Skywalker, Oct 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    *bows*

Hello my sweet Star Wars friends,

Well here it is, the start of part one of my If The Mask Fits Trilogy. I hope to get people all kinds of people reading this fic, I'd like to get to know a few more people on JC. You might think to yourself, another A/A fic, but actually I wouldn't be having much on scene romance and mushie. Though, I will spoil you once or twice ;)

Just to let you have some insight into what's going to be happening here's a little summary:

After having the Naboo Senatorial Quarters ransacked by unknown rebels, Padme barely escapes with her life - thanks to Anakin - but the only evidence left at the scene is some mysterious white powder. Apart from that, Padme and Anakin are not on good terms since their reunion. What will happen when they have to travel halfway across the Universe in search of the white powder's origin?

After all, nobody said Padme and Anakin instantly got along when they met up with each other again. So buckle up your seatbelts and a post will be arriving on your doorstep very soon,

Am [face_love]

*bows again, before departing*

UPDATE: Here's the second part of the trilogy:

If The Mask Fits: The Calm Before the Storm

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Sounds intriguing. Of course I'm reading. And not just because I'm your Master.

3. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Ooohh, sounds interesting. I never really thought about Ani and Ami not getting along. And I'm sure you'll write it wonderfully!! :D I'm waiting!

4. Jedi-Jae

Jedi-Jae Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2001
    Sounds interesting, A-S!

5. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    I'm here, Am, as I promised!!! :)

And I'm eager to have more of this story... :D

6. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Thank you, Ish, Qwi, J-J, Mar for your support and to show you how much appeciate here's a post :)

~*~

I used to dream when I was younger that one day, I would become a Jedi and sail among the clouds on my delusional spaceship. I'd visit all the bright stars in the Universe. There were millions, maybe even billions, but still that did not hault the growth of the my little boy fantasy. Then one day when the time was right, I would come back to my desert Outer-Rim homeworld of Tatooine and rescue all the slaves, therefore fulfilling my last promise to my mother.

But, dreams can be broken. My dream was never to become reality, as it was a concept that the force could not accept. My life as it is now, has already been put before me. Even, before I was conceived, my life and my emotions had already been planned for me. I was once a slave turned Jedi Padawan and now I don't know what or who I am. The Force is my Father and an Angel is my mother, then if that is so, why do they torture me?

I am to feel no love, no sadness, no fear and above all, no pity. It is what the code states. Never should I experience the feather light touch of emotion. That is my one weakness. Fear leads to the darkside, but, pity leads to corruption. Was is that I had entrusted so much love in my dream, that made them take it away? I shall never know. A wise old man told me once, That your focus determines your reality. He was right, for now that I see, that I've had my head in the clouds for too long.

Now I must accept, what I know to be true. I must focus on not what's in front of me or behind me, but what's happening at this very moment. My reality is my Jedi training, my Jedi Training, is my knowledge and my knowledge is my power. Master Yoda sits on his mini-throne, in front of me, with his fingers clenched tightly together just a few centimetres from his dark green troll-like lips. How foolish he is not to see, that the one the prophecy states of, 'The Chosen One', is not forgotten, but standing right in front of his own eyes.

~*~

Senator Padme Amidala Naberrie, sat uncomfortably behind her desk, surrounded by a pile of holo-pads in front of her. Her hair was rustled, with fractions of her chocolate locks escaping from her simple ponytail. She sighed, dramatically, throwing her lastest holo-pad down on her desk, to rest with it's past companions.

She shook her head, allowing her ponytail to bounce back and forth, randomly. She heaved another large sigh, hoping that it could somehow help her situation. Glancing back toward the stack of holo-pads she visibly cringed. From the look on her face and the state Padme was in, anybody could tell, that she hadn't had gotten much sleep lately.

It was only yesterday, that she was sitting in this exact spot sorting through a different stack of holo-pads. This new found stack had magically appeared on her desk this morning. Undoubtly, it was the under-handed work of one of her mysterious handmaidens, she doubted anybody else had the courage to place such things in front her.

She slumped back down in her chair, intending to get some much needed rest before the next order of the day came up. Padme had just briefly closed her eyes, when her door slid open suddenly. Jumping at the sound of hissing metal, Padme's eyes shot open to focus on her intruder.

She growled softly, arcing her jaw upwards, almost preparing to bear her teeth. She stopped herself immediately upon noticing the bright sunny blonde hair of her handmaiden, Eirtae. Padme attempted her best effort at a smile, but failed miserably.

"Senator, I thought you should see this," Eirtae prompted. Padme nodded, taking the small piece of old yellow paper, from her blond woman.

Padme was surprised to see whatever it was written on such ancient material, paper had been put out of effect for several hundred years now. It was found to be a unsuitable writing material by the Republic, therefore it was replaced by something more reliable: the holo-pad.

Padme's eyes skipped over the limited amount of words p

7. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Great first post, Am! :)

I love Padme/Eirtae interaction. And of course, Anakin's "prologue". Surely adds some mystique to the story... ;)

Please post more soon! :D

8. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    That's such a great start! I love how you have Anakin not sure of who he is or where his place is in the universe. And Padme's attitude is great!!! :D Thanks for the post!!!

9. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Good start. :)

Looks interesting. :)

10. DarkLady27

DarkLady27 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 26, 2000
    You've started another? COOL! I'm here :D :D I can't get enough of Ami/Ani stories, even if they aren't together :p [face_blush] . (thinks of great word besides great to put her, but can't seem to find one :_| ) How about, super great *snickers evilly* Yes, that will work [face_devil]

11. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Great Start Am :) I like it a lot, as I like your other stories as well [face_love] I cannot wait to see how everything goes from here and how they grow to hate each other and possibly love each other :)

The weirdest thing just happend- I did not press to print out anything, and my printer just prints out a blank piece of paper ;)

12. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Hmmm, the last line was vaguely ominous... Good post. Please more?

13. ThePodSquad

ThePodSquad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2001
    My hands are sore because I've wrapped two times my boddy weight in soap today...so you may be asking why is she typing.

Because I really, really want the next part that's why :)

Great start can't wait to see how it progresses.

Hannah

14. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Mar: The handmaidens were so unexplored in TPM, because of that fact you can give them any personality you would like. It's very entertaining organizing how their going to be and what their going to act like. Anakin's italic thoughts were put in there because I felt that they were needed, after all the fic is named after him. Don't worry you shall be seeing more of those thoughts, throughout the fic. Thanks :)

Qwi: ....No thanks for reading the post. I can supply you with all the posts but thank you so much for reading and replying. It means alot to me. I must say that I enjoyed writing Anakin's italic thoughts the most. I like writing mysterious stuff....

starwarsfan1000: Thanks, hope you will stick with me.

DarkLady27: Glad to see you here, thought I'd attract some of my local readers base. A/A stories are the best, but you might never know how this one is going to turn out. I couln't have another plain mushie one..what's the fun in that? If anyone wants plain, mushie writing, SPIMH my older thread is on the loose. Super great....that just double great that your reading.

TJG: Thanks, this was always a interesting plot line to follow and I've wanted to do a trilogy for ages. Hope you'll follow me through and enjoy it. Did you mentioned the word love..shhh...this is a downright meanie thread not a mushie one, at least not for a while.

Ish: Thanks, sure here have some more :)

Hannah: Welcome back, hope your hands feel better :) to cheer you up here's another post, as I promised. Thanks for reading.

~*~

Anakin hummed softly to himself, his face was covered by a large grin that not even a blaster could swipe off. To onlookers, the young man seemed to have a skip in his step. Anakin pleasantly smiled at anyone who passed by and winked at any young woman who fancied setting their sites on him. To him there was nothing else in this world except himself and the Old Parts shop, he was on his way to.

Nothing said a good time, like a bet up droid and a few work tools. Who was he to question the Universe's one true pleasure? After all, it wasn't often Anakin had a free night to himself. Usually, Obi-Wan had he doing a set of training routines with a remote or lightsaber practice at this time of day. But, none seemed so pleasant after the meeting Obi-Wan had attended earlier today with the Council.

Anakin was positive, Obi-Wan was half-zonked out on his bed, right at this moment. What that old man got up to was beyond Anakin's understanding. Though, if he provided him with a few nights off, who in the force, was he to complain. There was not many people out tonight, since rush hour had already passed and there was no reason to hang around, they'd retreated back into their tiny apartments.

Ahead of him, Anakin could barely make out the old sign of the parts shop. The owner was a friend of his, so he always knew that he could get the best possible deal here. Pulling his cloak further around his slightly cold form, he was careful to hide his lightsaber under the thick material. Last thing he needed was for somebody to spot it and that would be it.

Jedi did not often stray from the Temple. They mostly kept a very low-profile and only helped to assist when called upon. Anakin, was unlike most Jedi, in that respect, he was neither quiet and silent. If he wanted somebody to know how he felt about them, he'd tell them, not keep it buried inside himself.

Anakin was nearly to the Parts Shop, when he heard a very familiar voice call out to him.

"Hey Skywalker, wait up, bud."

Anakin spun around, in the direction of the voice. Out of the shadows came a puffed Jerdin, obviously he'd been running to catch up with Anakin. Jerdin, was one of Anakin's closest friends at the Temple. There wasn't anybody else who he was most willing to share his secrets with, the ones not even Master Obi-Wan got to hear.

Alike Anakin, Jerdin was a Jedi Padawan also, but managed to have a one year lead over the Chosen One. Jerdin, was the complete opposite to Anakin

15. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    Uh-oh!!! So are Padme and Anakin on the same planet? I thought they weren't...ooh, I hope if Anakin goes to help he doesn't get in trouble for it!!! Great job, Am! I like his friend--I can relate to Anakin on that one! :D

16. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    Wow! That was great Am. I hope someone goes to rescue Padme. I hope Padme is alright.

Oooh Oooh- will they meet?

The suspence is killing me!

17. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
  18. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Qwi: The Naboo Senatorial Quarters are on Coruscant, as is Anakin. Padme's a Senator, so she has to stay with the Senate and not live on Naboo. I hope that cleared up any more questions. Of course, Anakin goes to help Padme he won't be a proper Jedi if he didn't assist people...but the question is, will he meet Padme? Oh, you like Jerdin, hehe do so I!

TJG: Thanks, for reading. I can tell you that somebody will help Padme...:evil laughter can be heard in the distance: I think I'll go and update SPIMH while I'm at it. This should get a update tomorrow, just need some more of those encouraging comments. Everybody was dishing out....

starwarsfan1000: Thank you

I'll update tomorrow,

Am [face_love]

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I like Jerdin, especially the name. *coughcough* Good sense of humor, offsets Anakin well. Good ending, too.

20. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Ish, I know why you like Jerdin...and his name.... *cough*cough* :D

Awesome post, Am! I loved the humor, and I like Jerdin. He's pretty cool. :D And also the interaction between him and Anakin. You handled it very well! :) Oh, and the cliffhanger!!! :eek: Ani, go save Padme!!! :D [face_love]

21. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Uh... Am... the tomorrow you refer to is here... where's the post? ;)

22. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    Hehe...Am lives in Australia! It's like 7:30 in the morning or something over there! I imagine the post isn't up because she was sleeping or something!!! ;)

23. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Ish: Thanks, I love Jerdin and his name also. You were wonderfl to chose that name for me, sadly I was at a loss when I was writing it. I didn't want to make Anakin too perfect and to be seen as a unearthly god, that just wouldn't go with the rest of the fic.

Mar: Yay! Another person likes Jerdin, he's comes off as a smash. Fantastic, cliffhangers are deadly and I love them so much, hehee. I love putting people on the edge of their seat. The post will be a few hours, I had a early night last night and I only got to type two paragraphs of the post. So it should be in three hours...depends how long I make it.

Qwi: Yeppers, I live in good old' Aussie land and it's at the moment 10am here. I just woke up, I was a very tired person. But not I feel like I could jump over walls with the energy that I have.

Thanks for all the support, keep it coming!

Next post up VERY soon,

Am [face_love]

24. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    Yeah! Soon!!!!! :)

25. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Cool! Can't wait! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.