main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

(FINISHED) If The Mask Fits: Chosen One - What if Padme and Anakin despised each other? AU, (2/4)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidala_Skywalker, Oct 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    I'm working on it right now, about halfway through it. I'd say it's going to be...longer..than my last posts.

Am [face_love]

2. Double_Sting

Double_Sting Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2001
    Good start, can't wait for more!

3. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    YAY!!!! Posties, posties, posties!!!!

Sorry, running on too much of something right now!!! Haven't quite figured out what yet!

4. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Thanks for reading, D_S! Qwi, I have days like that also...LOL. Enjoy the next post, I might be able to post late tomorroow, till then I shall depart.

~*~

Padme wove her right index finger around her bundle of hair, which was thankfully still up in a ponytail. Who knew that politics could be this complex? She certainly did, the amount of holo-pads surrounding her could speak for that. In the last few hours, she hadn't moved anymore than a few inches out of her chair.

Even when she did move, it was either to visit the 'fresher or have a quiet caf break. In all that time, not one person had wished to see her. Padme was not surprised, she would have rejected any offer for company, anyhow. Her appearance was not so pleasurable and her thoughts were that of those not to be shared.

The advice she'd given Eirtae, had in fact been true. The tone and gentleness, she'd used would comfort her handmaiden and hopefully scare away her doubts. But even so, Padme had begun to reconsider her judgement, the doubts which Eirtae had once had, had now been transferred to Padme. Padme knew, but rights, that they should have nothing to worry about.

After all, these bomb threats, were just empty threats that could never be accomplished. They'd received several of these and in turn nothing had happened to them....yet. It was the yet that frightened Padme. Though, Padme could neither restate of take back the advice she had given. She'd just have to sit in her office, complete her work and hope to force, nothing happened.

With her free hand, she reached sideways to the right, to grab a cold cup of caf. Rigidly she grabbed it and raised it up to her lips, sipping it quietly. The main black holo-ad that resided on her desk, stayed motionless, as Padme's eyes scanned it. She had a lot to think about, with the upcoming elections on Naboo. There was no possible explanation why Queen Jamilla would step down gracefully and ask the public to vote for a new ruler.

Queen Jamilla, had ruled well, in her short two years. She's managed to keep peace ad justice, throughout all of Naboo. Some people say that a Royal scandal was inevitable, between her and her lover, Hotil Stafan, who was also her Captain of the Guard. Others think, that the Queen was under much strain and could not cope with the physical and mental pressure of ruling a whole planet.

Padme felt sorry for the young Queen, she'd been in that situation once, where nobody believed she was capable of doing her job. But, she never backed down and eventually when her term ended she was one of the most popular and well loved monarchs of Naboo, reminiscent of those who'd established the fragile colony on a lone mid-rim planet.

She concentrated on the cold liquid, which was rushing down her throat in small waves. The air was silent, Padme had never heard it like this. Her office had always been filled with noises, human or non-human, alike. She frowned slightly, taking the cup away from her lips. She looked around cautiously, her ears pinning to hear some sort of sound, even if it be the sound of a machine.

Though, the sound never came. The crisp air that surrounded Padme was motionless and now for a second one would almost think she was alone in this giant building. Even the outside sounds of Coruscant had never been this silent. Sliding her chair back a few inches, she carefully goaded herself out of her chair. Her eyes darted around the room, unsurpassed by interruption.

Her gaze rested on the door, for that extra second. She half-expected someone to coming running through announcing the birthday of a fellow co-worker and how a office surprise party had been planned, with permission of course from either herself or her handmaidens. But neither that came...everything stayed....silent....deathly silent.

Fumbling, she aimlessly sought to open the middle draw on the right hand side of her desk. Her fingers glided over the lock, making the draw slid out quietly. It's light hissing sound filling the air currents. Inside the draw lay a few small scraps of f

5. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    Oooh! Good for Padme...but that poor, poor guard! :_| Great post, Am!! You're so descriptive, it makes you feel like you're right there! All the little details are great! :D

6. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    ::Claps in way too much excitement.:: Very good. Very good. Especially the reflection on her years as queen compared with the new queen.

7. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
  8. ThePodSquad

ThePodSquad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2001
    Go Ami! Eek when are they going to meet? In RL if I was asking you this I would be turning around slowly with my head tilted back watching you...don't ask it's a Hannah thing.

Can't wait for the next chapter although I'll be gone all day tomorrow and the next day.

Hannah

9. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Qwi: I feel sorry for the guard also, I mean he was only doing his job and look what happens. Opps, I just saw a few mistakes i my posts, I'll have to fix 'em up. I think instead of having Anakin come yelling in with his lightsaber out and slicing everybody down, that Padme could be the hero for once. After all, women and men are both equal. Whew, glad you like how descriptive, I try to be, there's a long story to that but I'll just try and tell you the short version. I used to write Sailor moon fics (still do! ;)) well I posted them somewhere and I was so bad, seriously I sunk. I don't think I could like myserlf in the eyes before cringing. A few days after I put it up a got a email, which was a flame, telling me how bad I was and that actually made me stop writing until a few months laer when I produced a fic called Mismatch. Then discovered SW and that's how SPIMH started and fortunately, I haven't gotten any flames yet and i hope to keep it that way (not that anybody here would flame their all so nice) *takes a deep breath* That's my flame story

Ish: WOW, thanks, coming from you and considering that was a action scenes, that's a big ego boost. Your a fantastic writer and to have you come on this thread and clap and comment. It does wonders to my self-pride and how good my posts will be. Adding the Queen Jamilla scandal was interesting, I'm thinking of maybe following that up but I'm wonderig if it will interfear in my original storyline.

starwarsfan1000: Thanks, just think if you like this, think of the last part of the trilogy :D

Hannah: You'll be gone for two days!! :( Well I hope to see you back here catching up and replying so I know that you like what I'm doing so far, oh and don't forget to tell me how you non-computer two days was. Know back to your comments, I love the word EEK by the way, heheheh. It's a Hannah thing, LOL Thanks for reading...

Next post up late tomorrow, as I live in Australia and there's quite a large time difference. Until then, more feedback, guys?

Am [face_love]

10. anakin_skywalker_sct

anakin_skywalker_sct Jedi Master star 5

Apr 18, 2001
    Whoa! This story kicks butt! But Padme seems quite mean, she smiled with "malice" as she killed that rebel?! I don't wanna cross her in a bad mood. I like it, more soon please! :)

11. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Wonderful post, Am! :) I loved Padme's inner monologue, as well as her comparison to Queen Jamillia. :D And the action scene!!! OOoooohhh... ;) I loved it; very well written. :D Poor Padme, she's wounded... :_| OK, what will be next?

12. DarkLady27

DarkLady27 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 26, 2000
    Man, I read things backwards and miss a lot of stuff [face_plain] [face_plain] :eek: EEEEPPPPPP

Man, Amidala whipped or rather shot that guard good :eek: eeeeppp..

Great action post there :D

13. Double_Sting

Mar 18, 2001
    That was good. Looks like Padme has a few tricks up her sleeve.

I'm curious as to the origin of these rebels.

14. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    WOW! Am! If I could write action scenes like that, I would be an author when I grow up. That was amazing. I loved the whole part about the Rebel and the eyes, it was very suspenceful.

You're right, it was a longer post. But with your writing, it doesn't matter the length, your posts are good anyway ;)

15. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    Just upping this; it shouldn't be on the 2nd page! :D

16. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    anakin_skywalker_sct: Thanks for reading. Padme's certainly not evil, just a little bit angry over the whole 'you killed my bodyguard thing and never ever attack us again' sort of thing ;) If Padme was in a bad mood though, I'd like to stay away unfortunately Anakin never does. Hope you'll stick with me and check back every day.

Mar: Thanks, Should I chase up the whole Queen Jamilla thing, umm maybe later. Padme needed a bit of quiet time to herself and you also needed to get to know her character even more. I hope I didn't bore you silly at the start of the post, once I type out stuff i just have to go into every detail. i cannot help myself, action scenes are always the most pleasurable and sadly, the hardest to write. That's why it took me a while... :)

DarkLady: Don't worry when I come across a story I skip ahead and see what it's like near the end. To me it doesn't spoil the fic only makes it much better. The Rebel never had a chance against our beautiful fighting female hero. Thanks, keep reading

D_S: Oh, your back...YAY! Well we couldn't have Anakin save the day...AGAIN..wouldn't that get boring. I liked the way I ended this fic, I don't think we actually needed to describe how the guy died. I'm trying to keep this down in rating, so when I'm finished in can be in the running to submit to TFN. Have you read the summary on the first page of this fic? You will discover part of who the Rebels are...as I said before this fic ends suddenly.

TJG: Thank you, so much. I don't know what to say I am so speechless, I'm going to be a lawyer when I grow up but other than that I'll be a writer on the side. Look for my name at bookstores lol. Most of the stuff I say in my posts, I believe in. Though, I have never looked into a dying man's eyes and never hope to look or watch anybody die. Longer posts, are much better I believe, you flatter me so, my friend.

Qwi: Thanks for the upping, I'm so impressed with your fic at the moment.

I watched Ever After last night and gee, wasn't it good. I plan to work on the post right now, I finished another SPIMH post last night. That is why I didn't get to do this one, but I a few hours you'll have a good post up for you all to read.

Am [face_love]

17. ThePodSquad

Aug 25, 2001
    You like Ever After? You should see me and my friend Melissa together watching it it's like both of our favorite movie (behind Star Wars for me) and we can basically take on characters and recite the while thing LOL!

Anyway I'll be here tomorrow about 6...I am here right now but only for as long as I can stay awake I got up at like a quarter to 6 this morning.

Hannah

18. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    That's a fantastic movie. I'm yet to write anything yet, I discovered another fic. But I promise by the end of the day I'll have something for everybody. At the moment it's 1:27pm where I live, so I have plenty of time to type out something.

Am [face_love]

19. ThePodSquad

Aug 25, 2001
    Well then I'll either read it when I get up or tomorrow night. Which reminds me not only do I have to clean up the living room but I also have to set the VCR to record my hockey.

And I'm trying my best to decide whether to read Wolf Tower or Fingerprints #5...I know Fingerprints #5 is gonna get frustration in my bones (joke) but I'm not sure Wolf Tower is any good. Maybe I should just go get Episode 1 Novelization and read the parts I marked.

Hannah

20. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    I say read the Episode 1 Novelization. Sounds the best. You like hockey, I've never actually seen it played before. I love tennis, personally.

Am [face_love]

21. ThePodSquad

Aug 25, 2001
    "I say read the Episode 1 Novelization. Sounds the best. You like hockey, I've never actually seen it played before. I love tennis, personally."

Hehe I only play with my cousin when I do get to his house. But for some reason I say in a possesive form it's actually Dallas vs. NY Islanders, so it's not my hockey I just call it that. I have a feeling I'm getting you freaked out. Anyway yes I love hockey it's my favorite sport thank goodness my cousin "forced" me to watch it a few years ago. And it's really fun being goalie...because it really freaks out my cousin when I catch one between the knees :) I don't know if you'd like it. My brother and I are hockey freaks but my mom doesn't get it probably because she won't let her self sit in one place for 2:30+ hours.

Hannah

22. Double_Sting

Mar 18, 2001
    You love tennis Amidala?

I was regional champion in my high school region at 3 singles. Ended up finishing 8th in the state as well. Ah the good old days :)

Though personally I prefer to watch hockey on TV. Especially now that the Red Wings are stacked for another cup run!

23. ThePodSquad

Aug 25, 2001
    How did you like the game against Dallas the other night? ....I'm not a big fan of the Wings but was Hasek drinking or something what was up with the goal he gave Turgeon? BTW I'm this humongous Dallas fan...total Mo freak!

Hannah

24. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Am: It kinda funny ya know what I am going to say. My 8th grade Writing teacher, who was my favorite, told me that the key to a good piece of writing is strength not length. I totally used to think the same way as you do. I was so determined to write whatever I did long. But I like your long posts. They keep me wanting more! :D

If you write a small post, don't be hard on yourself! Your writing is kick a**! You have so much great detail and your writing flows so well. I can't wait to see a book written by the great Rebecca! I would certainly buy it :)

25. Double_Sting

Mar 18, 2001
    ThePodSquad

I have no idea what Hasek was doing there. After stopping the breakaway he just loitered back to net as if to tell Turgeon go ahead and put it in, I won't stop you.

But Detroit is number one in the league right now. They are looking deadly with their lineup as well. Their powerplay is amazing. Did you see how effective they were at the end of the game with Dallas?

Great job by Belfour in that game. He made about 15 highlight reel saves near the end of that game when the Wings were pressing.

But they will go down next time... [face_mischief]

ps I am a huge Avs fan as well, they are my number one team. But since I'm from near Detroit I like the Wings as well. They are my favs this year because the Avs won it all last year. But anyways, since I like the Avs I royally hate the Stars for those back to back playoff series defeats in 2000 and 1999. I was hoping they would meet the Avs again last year, so the Avs could waste them, but the Blues beat them to it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.