main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

(FINISHED) If The Mask Fits: Chosen One - What if Padme and Anakin despised each other? AU, (2/4)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidala_Skywalker, Oct 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Happy 50th post, Am! :D :D :D

And I say - let's stop talking about hockey and other sports and let's have another part of this story! :) (that's for you, Am)

P.S.: I AM a hockey fan... [face_blush]

2. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Hannah, D_S, Mar, Hockey sounds like a interesting sport, your obviously big fans of it. Wow, D_S, you played tennis. I love that sport, something about a ball going back and forth around the court amazes me :)

TJG, I had only a few English teachers I liked, the ones at High School I hate. Actually I don't even like English, unless it has something to do with writing. Well the great Rebecca, will not have books out for a while, so hope you don't mind waiting LOL.

To celebrate this thread's 50th, (Yep, who can believe it fifty already), here's a post. Thanks for the encouragement Mar.

~*~

Anakin lead the way through the rushing crowd, his path would eventually take him to the entrance of the Senatorial Quarters. Where he hoped it wouldn't be too late for the people let inside or if the Rebels had already left. Jerdin slip around the mass amounts of people, occasionally hitting one of them, before apologizing profusely.

Anakin was so fast it was a wonder anybody in their right mind could keep up with him. Both Jedi, still held their lightsabers tight in their hands. Gliding around a middle aged woman, he gazed in front of him, quickly spotting what seemed to be the uniforms of some Naboo guards. Throwing his head back around, he quickly signalled Jerdin to follow, with a flick of his hand.

Jerdin nodded sharply. No one seemed to be playing attention to the two Jedi or their humming lightsabers as they approached. The centre of attention seemed to be a young blonde haired woman. This woman could not have been a few years old than Anakin himself. The woman was wearing some type of outfit that may have resembled a private uniform, along with that she was crying and shouting in rage at the many guards which surrounded her.

The blonde choked back a few tears, giving time for herself to yell at the Captain-of-the-guard. Anakin was barely in earshot when he heard the woman's words.

"The Senator, she's still in there. Somebody save her, Please!"

Anakin frowned, making his way towards the blonde. She looked up suddenly, her face was bright red and her breathing was erratic. Her gaze followed over to Anakin, who in turn, glared back at her. For a moment, he was almost familiar to her. Like somehow she'd seen him somewhere. Nevertheless, taking advantage of this strange feeling, she thrust her left hand out, reaching for Anakin.

"Please Sir, she's in there...they will kill her, I know they will! You must save her, you must save...."

The blonde let out a massive wail, before she could finish her sentence. The Captain-of-the-guard advanced toward her, pulling her body to his, for comfort. She hid her face in his chest, her tears dripping down onto the soft material of his uniform.

Anakin gaped at her, listening to see if she would finish her sentence. The young blonde's head spun around to face him again, and for that one second all he could do was watch her swollen pink lips form a word.

Padme.

Anakin's eyes widened, as he took a step back away from her. He considered if he'd heard her right. Padme, Padme Naberrie, Queen Amidala, Senator Padme Amidala Naberrie or whatever other name she went by these days, was in that building at the mercy of Rebels. He only had faint memories of the young Queen, but never once in all these years had he thought to contact her.

This blonde, seemed so familiar to him because he did know her, or rather knew her. She was one of Padme's handmaiden's that accompanied her to Coruscant to plea to the Senate, her name is Eirtae. The only blonde handmaiden of the whole group. He felt Jerdin's mind gently touch his through the Force, bringing him back to reality.

"This Padme, do you know her?" He heard Jerdin say.

Anakin nodded, his mouth not willing to form the proper words, he was seeking. "Padme...was.." Anakin stuttered, "..a friend."

"Was?" Jerdin, pushed on.

Anakin closed his eyes gently touching the Force, discovering what actions it wanted him to take. The Force was swift today, he was clearly not able to waste time. Though

3. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Aaawwww, that was so cute.... [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] :D

Beautiful post, Am! I loved Ani's thoughts and feelings, as well as Eirtae's worries about Padme. :) Great stuff!! :)

4. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
  5. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Woohoooo!!!! YAY! Anakin saved Padme!!!! Can't wait til Padme finds out!! Spectacular post, as usual, Am!

6. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Doi! I forgot to post? BAD ISHY! BAAAAAD ISHY! Anyway, great post, if a bit mushy in parts. And a sizable number of typos, but...

7. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Mar: Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. Eirtae was good to play around with in that post :)

starwarsfan1000: thanks

Qwi: You had Padme and Anakin meeting in this post, well sort of. Thanks

Ish: Baaaddd Am! You know I really have to hate that 4 hour internet rule. I was down to three and a quarter (maybe even more) and I had to spellcheck my post and post it. Boy, was I in a rush. I've seen a few typos in the last post and so on, I'll try to correct them later. Thanks for pointing it out, glad to see that you replied, LOL :)

I'll try to post today. But, until then, any more comments?

Am [face_love]

8. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    Upppp!

9. ThePodSquad

ThePodSquad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2001
    Great postie Ams sorry I didn't respond sooner. My brain seems to be in shut down mode sorry.

D_S (?) I love Colorado and absoulutely with a fiery passion hate the Blues.

Teams I like : Colorado, Dallas, Boston, and I kinda like Toronto.

Teams I hate: St.Louis, New Jersey, Edmonton (mostly because of Anson Carter), NY Rangers.

The rest I'm mostly indifferent to...it all depensd on who's playing against whom. Now as to who I would root for if it was Dallas vs. Colorado....DALLAS! But I would hope that Joey Sakic have a good series...but still Dallas.

10. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Qwi thanks for the help. Hannah, thanks I always love comments. I might be able to give you a post today, don't know. I just received a assignment today, but I will try. TJG, DarkLady, any of you guys there? :D

Am [face_love]

11. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Here's today's post. Sorry, I won't be able to post tomorrow because I have a essay on the 2001 National Australian Elections. But, I promise the next day after that I shall post.

It's nearly midnight here and it's a school night. So I better be off to bed, I just managed to finish this post in time. Sorry if there are any mistakes, didn't have much time to look it over.

Until then, leave any comments, as they are most appeciated! :D Plus, I really need them to see how this fic is turning out

~*~

The refreshing of a nice hot cup of caf, danced in the air. It filled people's sense of smell, they inhaled it heavily. The familiar smell, was a warm welcome to the early risers. Having to work nine hours as day, was what some people considered the time honoured tradition of darkness. Sometimes, the only thing to keep a person going would be their morning cup of caf.

The smell of caf was tantalising and the taste was even more addictive. Almost half of the Universe was addicted to caf and could not stop drinking it. While the other half was addicted to at least some liquid substance, that was more than likely unpronounceable. It was that smell that brought Anakin Skywalker back to the real world.

Anakin, had once been sleeping peacefully in a hospital chair, his legs slumping to the side in a awkward position. His head was slightly leaning to the side, while a few most impressive snores escaped from his mouth. He'd been like that for hours, longer than any of the hospital staff could count. His friend, who had one been in the same position a few seats down had disappeared, claiming to have to attend to some business.

Sache, quietly rose from her seat, which was few metres away from the sleeping Anakin. She'd only arrived a few hours or so ago, she'd been rushed from the handmaidens quarters to the hospital to eagerly wait for Padme to awaken. Meanwhile, she'd been informed that this sleeping young man had saved the Senator's life.

Sache politely thanked the nurse, as she took two full cups of caf from her. Leaving one to sit on the table beside her seat. She crept over towards Anakin, waving the cup under his nose, hoping that, that would wake the man up. If not for his snoring, she would have thought him a dead patient that the hospital staff had left behind. But to her surprise almost immediately, Anakin's eyes popped open, his gaze intently positioned on the source of the smell.

"I thought you might like something to drink. Sorry if I woke you," Sache apologized.

Anakin sighed, blinking his eyes rapidly, trying to get used to the sudden amount of light, "No, it's alright. The land of sleep did not welcome my presence, anyway."

Sache smiled, handing Anakin the cup. "Thank you."

"No, Thank you," She stated simply.

"Excuse me," He replied groggily.

"Thank you, for saving Senator Padme's life. You were very brave going into that building all alone," Sache paused momentarily, "Oh stupid me, I have forgotten to introduce myself, I'm Sache, handmaiden to the Senator."

"Nice to meet you, Lady Sache," Anakin lied, shaking Sache's hand. He had full knowledge of who this woman was, he'd been introduced to her, once they'd managed to claim back Theed.

"Likewise," Sache replied.

"The Naboo government are very much in your debt, for saving Padme's life. She's one of our most accomplished politicians, we could do nothing without her guidance. You of course, shall be rewarded."

Anakin shook his head, "I don't require any reward, if you don't mind."

"Modest, aren't we?" Sache teased.

"Only when I wish to be," Anakin countered.

"Our government shall wish to pay you back in any way possible, Republic credits, gold, land, citizenship, anything you wish. There must be something you would like?"

"No," Anakin firmly replied.

Sache sighed, her face forming into a small frown, "My, you are difficult. Naboo is a very wealthy planet, ask and you shall receive."

Anakin sipped, on his caf, pretending to ignore Sache's bids to reward him. After a moment of silence

12. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Good post. :)

Seems to be working out to me IMO. ;)

13. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    Woohoo! Too bad we didn't get to see Sache's reaction. Probably would have dropped her cup of caf if she'd been holding it! Little Ani's all grown up!!!!!

That was great, Ami! Loved it! :D

hehe, I liked Anakin snoring, too!

14. jedi-thespian

jedi-thespian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2001
    Great story! I would have loved to see Saché's reaction as well... More soon!

15. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Aaaahh... The Caf, Snoring, and James Bond post is finally here... ;) :D (I was spoiled, guys, I was talking to Am when she was writing it!!!). Great job, Am! :D :D :D I loved it. Keep it up and post more soon! :)

16. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    starwarsfan1000: thanks for your support and your overall opinion :)

Qwi: I think she would have, but having you see her reaction would have just have been too much fun. We can't have that can we, now. heheheh, the grown up version of Anakin is muhc better than any of the other SW men. Snoring, I loved one of my sentences in there, about coffee. I was saying to myself, think about coffee, focus on coffee. Thanks

JT: Glad to see you could join us, my friend. Ohh and your enjoying it too, yay! Sache would have to be my favourite handmaiden...

Mar: LOL, love the little name you gave to the post. Jerdin from now on is Mar's, sorry guys if any of you wanted him for yourself. Jerdin had now offically been taken, by my permission of course. Yep, we were talking while I was trying to think about coffee, I actually asked you what I thought about it! Thank you :)

Comments, Please?

Am [face_love]

17. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    *sigh* and so it begins...

18. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    YES! My Jerdin, mine! :D [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] ;) :D

19. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    And...UP!!!

20. quietlunatic

quietlunatic Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 13, 2001
    Amidala_Skywalker, great job! The characters are well done (although Anakin seems a little too well done ;) ). Combat is well written and very coherent, and I await another post. Forgive me for copying the "initials" at the end of the post; it seems like a good idea.

DarthIshtar, so this is your padawan. Whatever you're teaching must be pretty good.

ql

21. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    YES! MUWAHAHAHAHA! [face_devil] His name is out. This is all too good. But I wonder- how in the name of the Force will they despise eachother. Perhaps Padme upsets Anakin and, heck- I don't have a clue :eek:

great Post, I loved how Ani stayed at her bedside- so sweet [face_love]

22. ThePodSquad

ThePodSquad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2001
    Wait I haven't responded to this??? Hmmm I must have started and not finished or maybe it was because I was very upset the Stars lost 4-2 to the RANGERS. In any case I loved this post and can't wait till Padme sees him.

Hi Anna!

Hannah
    ~Brachiosaurus had a heart the size of a pickup truck.

23. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Ish: ...Too right and so it begins to get interesting....

Mar: Thanks for the UP, my friend :)

ql: May the call you ql, no problem, borrow them anytime. For starters, thanks so muhc for reading my fic, good to see I'm attracting some new people to this fic. I think I've seen you on the boards once or twice :) I'm glad you feel that the characters are right on par, though Anakin seems a little prefect, that is all part of my plan. He's basically perfect and hardly does no wrong, he's sometimes arrogant and this is what gets on Padme's nerves. Of whom, he thinks she's a stuck-up politican that doesn't even consider anybody other than herself. See the conflict ;) Yep, I'm Ishie Padawan and I've been taught all lovely ways of sadism.

TJG: It's out, yes the Anakin Skywalker-James Bond style. This is just going picture prefect, heehhe, or is it? Why was it so easy for them to escape from the building? Did the Rebels let them? For the why they will despise each other part, see my reply to ql's comments, that should give you everything your looking for. Anakin didn'treally stay by her beside, he was so tired he couldn't even think of catching a transport back to the Temple...naught boy, Thanks

Hannah: Thanks for responding. You enjoyed the post...*blushes* The Stars lost against the Ranger :(

Sorry guys, I may not be able to post because my ISP is experiencing problems with slow International sites and by the word International sites, that means JC. So I have to wait, 10 mins for a page to load, I hope they get it fixed within the next few hours. Well until then I have alot of time to work on some more ItMF, but I cannot post it ARGH! Sorry about this, I hope you'll stick around and keep looking at the update date on the subject line.

Am [face_love]

24. Daath666

Daath666 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 25, 2001
    up!!! :D hehe...sometimes i'm a lurker (when i haven#t dicided if i like the story or not ;) ) and thought i'd come out and say that this seems to be a really great story... ;) hehe...please post more soon!!!

25. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Daarth666: I hope you'll come out a little bit more often, like every post. I hope that I can manage to hook line and sinker you onto this fic. Thanks so muhc for commenting, you give me the encouragement to post.

My internet's better, thank the force!! :D

~*~

Bright rays of sunlight steamed in through Padme's hospital window, awaking her from her slumber. The sunlight danced around her petite figure, with a bright shade of sunlight beaming down upon Padme's face. Being woken up was one thing, but having the Sun annoying you in the early morning, was another. Her eyes fluttered open and she rapidly began to blink trying to grow accustomed to the sudden about of light in her vision.

Bringing her hand up to cup her forehead, she groaned inwardly. She felt like somehow she'd had a night on the town and had drunk a bit too much. But, she had no memory of such as thing ever happening to her. The last thing she could recall, was the face of a young man standing over, blaster in hand, grinning at her.

Sleep still resided in her eyes and with a vain attempt, she wiped her hand across her face. She winced, as a sharp pain jolted up her hand, ending at her fingertips. Grumbling to herself, she pushed herself up, her head softly connecting with the bed's headboard. She sighed, so far this day was already hell, how worse could it get?

Blowing a lock of her hair out of her view, she came face-to-face with a middle aged man. He seemed to be standing over her, examining her, as Padme stayed silent. He frowned, shaking his head at her, before drawing up to his full height just to unclip a old fashioned ink pen from his white coat's pocket.

Padme stared, noting the white coat as that of a doctor and if she'd been able to she would have read the little name tap he had stuck to his coat. She must of sat looking up at him for quiet some time, before realizing that it was incredible rude of her. The doctor did not mind, as he was more concerned about writing on the tiny little clipboard he held.

"So, Senator, how are you feeling on this bright summer morning? Better than yesterday, I hope. You were in a awfully bad shape when they brought you in," The doctor asked.

Padme's jaw fell, when she felt the words that had been on the tip of her tongue, eagerly escape from the confines of her mouth, "Tell me, Doctor ---."

Padme squinted trying to read his little name tag. "Doctor Braehinn," He supplied.

"Doctor Braehinn, how did I get to the hospital?"

The doctor chuckled before answering, "I asked you first."

Padme glared at the doctor, usually when she said jump, people would say how high. What kind of answer is I asked you first?

"I don't care," Padme replied, but was cut off mid-sentence.

"Senator, this is important. How are you feeling today, on a scale of one to ten."

Padme rolled her eyes, though did not fail to reply. "Six."

The doctor grinned, "Thank you and now you may have visitors."

Padme tilted her head to the side, her brain coming to the conclusion that he actually hadn't answered her question; only avoided it.

"Eirtae, Senator Padme is able to see you now," He stated. Eirtae quickly appeared beside Doctor Braehinn, looking down at Padme with the exact same expression the doctor had used. Eirtae smiled warmly, much more welcoming than that of the Doctor's bleak attempts at humour.

"Padme, I was worried, I didn't think you were going to get out alive," Eirtae admitted.

Padme had to smile at her handmaiden, partly to reassure Eirtae that she was alright and partly because she could hardly remember anything -- most dark flashes --- of the event Eirtae spoke of.

"Those Rebels attacked so suddenly, all converging on your location, it was no wonder that the guards couldn't reach you. But thankfully, this man, barely into adulthood, stepped bravely into the building to save you," Eirtae gasped out.

"Rebels? Boy? Guards?" Padme repeated.

Eirtae nodded, "You do remember, don't you?"

"No, not a thing, well, except for these flashes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.